• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Twospirits

'Calm yourselves.' Latios psychically called, hovering a little higher in the air. 'We should not be fighting amongst ourselves. We must be... a herd if you will. We are now your family. Look around you. The faces you see will be the ones you will be seeing for the rest of your lives. Families may bicker, but they are always a single group. Now behave.'

Latias bobbed her head in agreement, casting a warming smile out to the group.

'Now if I am correct, you all have met your new brothers and sisters?' She asked 'We will head out soon. We don't know where we will be going, but there is a higher power guiding us so we cannot be wrong.'

Apollo was wary. He didn't trust as easy as some here seemed too. These creatures were big. Probably predators. He wasn't about to be eaten. He got up close to Artemis and eyed the two dragons suspiciously.

Brigh looked up at the pair. They still made her feel happy, like she belonged somewhere, and she wanted to belong there.

Family... I still have another... A mother, and a father, and maybe some siblings. I know they loved me, which is how families should be... And now we're like that? It doesn't look like we all love each other... That Gardevoir, Angel was her name?, doesn't seem able to love anyone but herself fully enough to be a family. That Gallade is getting along with her, though, but I'd guess their relationship isn't too strong. Like with Aster and me, it could be gone just by the wrong words or a change of heart.

"We're going somewhere?" she asked out loud. She wondered if it was to some kind of haven for their kind, or something else.

Phantasmos smirked

"Well, it seems we all have to get along now, don't we? Considering we're family, and that's what families do"

Vai grinned stupidly.
"Well, only most of the time." Then to the two Legendaries; "It's an honour to be around you. But, we'll be leaving? To go to who knows where?" She thought for a second, and flicked her tail lazily.
"I suppose someone wants to make a comment on how this is going to be an adventure?" Vai broke into a big grin.

Although he wasn't really listening to anything anyone was saying, barely able to hear it as he flew around, the psychic call didn't need ears to be heard.

'Calm yourselves,' he thought, before realising it wasn't his thought. It seemed almost like a thought, but felt different, just slightly. The mental voice sounded masculine, so Celeritas decided it must've been the latios. The latios was speaking kind of late, too.

'We should not be fighting amongst ourselves. We must be... a herd, if you will. We are now your family. Look around you. The faces you see will be the ones you will be seeing for the rest of your lives. Families may bicker, but they are always a single group. Now behave.'

The faces, the latios had said, you see will be the ones you will be seeing for the rest of your lives.

The rest of your lives.

Celeritas stopped in the middle of the clearing.

'Now,' came a feminine-sounding thought, 'if I am correct, you all have met your new brothers and sisters? We will head out soon. We don't know where we will be going, but there is a higher power guiding us so we cannot be wrong.'

Cannot be wrong... that annoyed him too, but - the rest of your lives - he was more bothered by something the latios had said.

"A herd? A family? You think we're going to stay together forever? The rest of our lives? Are you kidding me?" He was speaking faster - much faster - than he usually did, even amongst the members of his own swarm. Agitation did that, sometimes. "Why would we do that? The reason we have to be together - the only reason - is because we're under attack by something. We just get rid of it, lock it away or kill it somehow, and that's all. I don't have an obligation to stay with you forever! I have a swarm to return to. That is my family! Not you!"

Latios shifted his head to the side, frowning slightly.

'You do not seem to understand the severity of this situation. This power cannot be defeated so easy. We may never conquer this foe. So we must be ready to keep ourselves away from our homes in favour of the safety of ourselves and our loved ones. Do you understand?'

"If it's so fearsome, why are we all gathering together into one group? If it's stronger than all of us put together, and it wants to kill us all, aren't we just making it easier? If I have to stay with you for a while, we will defeat it, okay? There's no point otherwise, not if the enemy's that strong. If we're here to fight, we join together. If we're here to run, I can hide just fine on my own!"

If they were just going to run, they'd hold him back. He didn't need them for that. Fighting, he knew he would need help. So if they had the intention to fight, he'd deal with all the personality clashes and their wrong opinions. That way he could go home. Otherwise, he'd probably never return to his swarm, but he wasn't going to replace his swarm with this group, if at all.

He knew he was the one that said that they should be a team, not just several pairs that decided to travel together. But the team wasn't supposed to last his entire life. Familial bonds, if he made them, fine! But to be forced into it? Hell no!

Artemis's ears twitch, a small frown on her face.

Family...how I hate that term now. They threw me away, chased be away from my home.

She turns her head and scans the faces of the others there.

I'm not sure I can trust anyone...not yet.

Her gaze then rests of Apollo, seeing the look on his face.

You, Apollo. I can trust you...a bit.

"If we are to leave. Then we leave now. The longer we dwell in one place, the closer the threat comes. Show us the way, Latios, before it is too late."

"A herd?" Basil looked a little puzzled. The only time he heard that term was when he caught certain larger prey... sometimes they were a 'part of a herd.' Did the big flying dragons intend to eat them? Well, maybe it was because there were more than one of them in one location. Either way... "I don't have a family and I don't want to be part of a herd. But I will stay with and protect Ricky whatever she chooses... So don't come and try to herd and eat us, or we will fight you, whatever you are. Uh, what power are you talking about."

"Something... hunting us?" Silver looked up at Latios and Latias, horrified. The very thought made her shiver, and she pressed closer to Ruin. "And we won't be able to overcome it... at least... not easily." The Miltank was glad that she was at least showing some hope about this situation.

"Anything can be overcome." Ruin's as-always-calm voice emphasized the first word. "Even if just by joining together." He sensed Silver's fear, and there was fear in him too. That inspired him for more words. "I know we're all afraid about this, but being brave is doing something even if you are afraid."

"Basil, they're trying to help us, not eat us. And.. I don't care what it is, if he's going, I am too. Whatever it is we're fighting.. well, who cares how strong it is? Strength alone means nothing."
Ricky said this fiercely, already eager to start whatever they were going to do. But, just as important, she had to take care of Basil. He made her think of the baby Zangoose in her pack, knowing little about many things and needing her to protect them from harm. But he was different. Ricky loved him for being who he was, no matter the species, intelligence or anything. She would let nothing, nothing hurt him no matter what the cost.

((For some reason, I imagine Ricky having an english accent. xD))

Last edited:
"Family? I detest that word." Aster muttered, "I will use the term 'pack'. Any objections?"

He smirked and glared.

"Yes, objection! Don't see why it matters," Vai muttered. She blew an Ice Shard into the air and watched it fade away.
"So, why are we just standing here? Shouldn't we be moving, then?"

((I'm forgetful, etc etc dumb fmc is dumb.

and what did I say about oneliners >|))

Latios frowned slightly and jerked his head slightly to the outside of the clearing.

'We leave now. It will be a hard journey, be aware. And if we fight, then we fight.' He said, hovering towards a path.

'Oh yes, wait brother!' Latias said suddenly 'We haven't introduced ourselves! My name is Tenshi.'

'I am Aten.'

Apollo wiggled a bit in place, flattening his big ears back. Their voices were poking his mind, sharp and new and strong. They stung, made his head throb. He didn't trust these creatures and their big bodies and stingy voices.

Artemis watches them move toward a path, her ear twitching. She then looks behind her at Apollo and nudges him.

"Let's go, Apollo"

She then grins, nipping his ear playfully before hopping off after the Latis.

I wonder where we're going...hope it's safe.

Back
Top Bottom