• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

UK General Elections 2010

i'm not so sure england is the centre of the world even though our timeline is based on a city called greenwich which is basically a mouldy sandwich

although there are indeed more people in england

i'm not so sure england is the centre of the world even though our timeline is based on a city called greenwich which is basically a mouldy sandwich

although there are indeed more people in england
as much as I hate to admit it, we probably aren't all that important any more. culturally we're still pretty significant but otherwise the only kudos we get is by association with America. :(

also the boldtext is the most confusing analogy I've ever read.

oh and kiddies: please do vote Lib Dem because there are more of you than you'd think. also do it for me because I can't vote. ;_;

our timeline is based on a city called greenwich which is basically a mouldy sandwich

This is less funny when you take into account it's pronounced "grennich".

Which is, funnily, not the most weirdly-pronounced place in London. I'm looking at you Southwark.

Also - my polling card arrived yesterday! It's very exciting. I'm getting a lift with my neighbours to the polling station because I don't want to do it by myself - this sounds stupid, but I have a habit of screwing up every form I ever fill in. Block capitals, tick only one box... I've even been known to spell my name wrongly >>

56% Labour, 32% Liberal Democrat and 12% Conservative, which I'm not overly surprised by. I have to follow the elections for my history homework, so I'm just gonna track this thread and watch the news.

The Liberals would be slimy as the others if they got into government, you know. What is the point in voting for them?

What is the point of voting at all?

The Liberal Democrats have always stood on a policy of honesty and fairness, and if they managed to get into power on such a platform it would be suicide to do an about-face and say 'sorry, we're actually cunts', because no one would vote for them again. The Liberal Democrat manifesto is simply better than the other parties', and that's why you should vote for them.

(My main reason for voting would be to keep the Tories out.)

Labour said "sorry, we're actually cunts" in about 2003, and are still in power now. All governments do an about-face like that. It's not suicide. It's expected. The point is that except where Liberal and Tory are the only real choices, a vote for the Liberals is a lost vote, but voting Labour actually does something.

Last edited:
This is false. If everyone "wasted" their vote on the Liberal Democrats there would be real results. It's pessimistic thinking that's holding people back.

Labour is a better result than the Conservatives, I'll grant you that, but the Liberal Democrats are a better result than either, and unless people vote for them it's never going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom