• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

!!!!!Ultimate Happy Rainbow Smiles Sprite Contest!!!!!

I think normal Shaymin looks like a summer form, so I've made a winter form.
I used Quilava as a base and scratched the leaves, grass and snow blobs, and edited the front leg and head a bit.
wintershaymin.png

You people are ungodly fast spriters. o_O Now we're waiting on only Mewtwo (and there's no time limit, although I'd advise you'd hurry Mewtwo, else you'll have nine impatient spriters on your case).

Sorry Bakuphoon, but those 10 slots filled up faster than a (metaphor). But I'll guarantee you a spot in the next contest, mmk?~

Psst, Artificial: See the beauty of loopholes~ you can still enter, you just can't reserve a spot. In fact, the whole idea of "reserving spots" is a trick to let people think they took advantage of the fact they reserved their entry.

But better make it good, 'else you'll have wasted my time spent typing out this post. D:

So that means I can still sprite and enter one :D *Opens Paint*

EDIT: YAY!

Shayminotherforme.png

I bet you can't guess what pokèmon I used as base :P Almost everything is scratch except the right (our view) leg.

Last edited:
If you think it's good enough I'd like to try and take a stab at this, though I think I can guess the winner already...

ScratchShaymin.png

Obvious base I'd say, scratch-work on the head, and about half of the back. I figured I'd make it a water form after I saw a video of a dog swimming.

My attempt...i definately wont place,as I havent even thought of a good title for the form...
shayminhumanformefy8.png

From the TCG art for this card from Neo Destiny. I added the text and sparkles, though.

Okay, okay! That's it everyone, entries are hereby closed! Now hold tight to your happy rainbow smiley sprites while I commence...

THE JUDGMENT
Arceus
Yes, it's spelled like that.

So! Here's the procedure: I will go through the sprites in order of reservation, then subsequent entries after that, and grade them according to the scale I have, as well as give you some constructive criticism for the future. (raise the standard for sprite contests! No longer will random first, second, and third trophies be handed out without an explanation.) But! There's more! Since I'm lazy there are many entries, I will increase suspence by releasing my judging not in one go, but two! There are twelve entries, which means I will judge in batches of six!

I need time to write out my judging. xD Then I'll post it. In the meantime, this message will be hype. Hype! Discuss which ones you think will win (if you like) or just wait in anticipation-- I'll post it, double-post or not.​

Also, what's up with all the splices? I thought it was supposed to be a type change...

Well, an orange shaymin wouldn't look like a fire type and a blue one would be less of a water type than my face. And to type change, you would have to splice parts together, anyway.^^

Back
Top Bottom