• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

University Applications

I wanna reply to mine alreadyyyy but I have to wait until after I've had the interview at De Montfort in February...

Also I resat one of my history exams yesterday. I totally did way better than before. :D
inb4 I only get a C again

hahah someone walked out of the CH1 resit yesterday and he was like "if I get a C again I swear I'm going to fucking kill myself" and I was like "tbh I'd kill you for a C."

Dear Mr Amos
Congratulations; The University of Gloucestershire has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Law, M100; starting in September 2010 at point of entry 1.
The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

Obtain a minimum 300 points from the UCAS Tariff Scheme,

including 2 passes at A Level.

300 points? :/ I'm probably not going to Gloucestershire then.

So now I really need to buckle down and write my personal statement for CCAD. I don't want to BS it, but I don't want to end up writing the "I'm ~passionate~ about art!" shit that everyone else writes either. :[

Oh, well, I suppose. But biology's not that bad! It's not as if you're being attacked by chemistry. :(

(I think I'm incredibly lucky I already have 320 points, otherwise I think I'd have been rejected from everywhere instead of 2/5 universities. <3 my motley crew of AS/A-levels)

Oh, well, I suppose. But biology's not that bad! It's not as if you're being attacked by chemistry. :(

Yes, Chemistry is awful, I couldn't even do it at GCSE )x But Biology's just gotten horrible, I barely get any of it at all. Maybe if my parents hadn't forced me to take bloody Maths, I could have taken a fourth AS subject I knew I'd be good at, and not had to apply to the five least demanding unis I could find. (UCAS seemed to think Gloucestershire were asking for something around 240 as well, so yeah.)

I think my offers of admission were only based off of my Gr 11 marks, in which case I've probably already failed the conditions that they have yet to send. >:|

three down, two to go

Congratulations; University of St Andrews has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Evolutionary Biology, C182; starting in September 2010 at point of entry 1.
The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

35 points in the International Baccalaureate, including 6

points in HL Biology and English

8) that's my insurance secured

So I got a huge letter in the mail from Miami of Ohio. Judging by the huge "Congratulations" on the envelope, they've accepted me. So that makes three out of four that'd let me in, and only one that turned me down. (Sure, that one was my first choice, but still.)

Aberdeen gave me a BC conditional (C at Advanced Higher, B at Higher), which is annoying because then I can't use them as my reserve >:( And obv I got rejected from Edinburgh but I didn't want to go there anyway~

So yup. Definitely picking Dundee as my firm (the applicant day was really awesome <3) and Napier as my reserve because it's an unconditional. A+!

Totally done applying to CCAD and submitting scholarship stuff for SCAD. Getting there with Ringling (which fortunately has a later deadline).

Can't wait to hear back. D:

I have just recently gotten five recruitment-type letters from colleges. That's a lot. Out of them, USC, UGA, and Duke sound bad, but University of Chicago and University of Rochester sound decent. I might actually apply to them.

I hate how they send you a letter telling you to request more information. Can't they just send the poster about whatever in the first place?

I have just recently gotten five recruitment-type letters from colleges. That's a lot. Out of them, USC, UGA, and Duke sound bad, but University of Chicago and University of Rochester sound decent. I might actually apply to them.

I hate how they send you a letter telling you to request more information. Can't they just send the poster about whatever in the first place?

... Duke as in Duke University? As in one of the best universities in the US?

The more I hear about people's interviews, the more grateful I am that I never had to do one.

Though I think, if I apply to do an MA, I'll almost certianly have to do one. Which is scary, but not as scary as the thought that I have no idea what I want study for an MA, nor where I'd like to do it. ):

How did you guys figure out what you wanted to do? The fact I love my subject is complete coincidence; I more or less picked it at random out of the prospectus.

The fact I love my subject is complete coincidence; I more or less picked it at random out of the prospectus.

Same with mine; I simply went to Psychology and Drama because the class was predominantly girls. Now I'm genuinely torn between going to a theatre college or going to Bath/Edinburgh for Psychology.

Back
Top Bottom