• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Up

I don't think you have to worry about having your masculinity questioned just for seeing an animated movie, especially one by Pixar. The theater I saw it in was packed, and 95% of the people there were your age or older. Anyone who would question it based on that is stupid and their opinion not worth meriting.

Goddamn animation age ghetto...Animation is a MEDIA, not a GENRE.*grumblegrumble*

And yeah, that scene was amazing. XD

Hmm. Everyone at the theater we went to was either 3-12 or 25-40 (as in, parents). We took a seat at the very back so all the parents wouldn't stare at us like we were gonna start making out in front of their dear, innocent children. Like we're that impolite. Gosh.

And don't worry. The guys at school were all like "LOL WHUT UR GONNA SEE A KID'S MOVIE?", but I just smiled and thought to myself "Maybe the reason I can watch and enjoy these movies is the reason I've found love and you haven't..." Pwnt. :sunglasses:

The funny thing is is that Pixar movies tend to treat their audiences more like adults than pretty much anything else in the theater. :P

The funny thing is is that Pixar movies tend to treat their audiences more like adults than pretty much anything else in the theater. :P

Dreamworks has done that with a few movies too. Ever seen Antz? Yeah. I sorta like that approach better, it makes the movie so much more... natural. Makes it POSSIBLE to be emotional, or scary, or whatever. The artistry of it is to balance the charm to keep kids interested.

This is easily the best movie I've ever seen, topping Wall-E by far. It just had the perfect balance of hilarity and heartwarmingness. :D My favorite scene was the sword/cane fighting one.

The beginning had be a little downed, but I really liked the development they put in the old man's grieving process, and how he gradually accepted his loss. I really liked this movie, especially that one part with the explosions.

If you've watched the movie, you know what I'm talking about.

I was pleasantly surprised that such a wonderful movie could be made about an old man's adventures. The entire theater burst out in laughter countless times. All in all, I thought it was a great movie for anyone!

Back
Top Bottom