• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Valentine's Day 2010

I must be the only single person to like this "holiday" anyway lol

Why do people choose to complain about their loneliness on one particular day anyway? surely you must see couples around nearly every single day ever

ETA: also I am completely and utterly in love with someone I can never be with and I'm just about ok with that :B

Get absolutely hammered; I have 4 parties to get to in the span of one week starting Friday night.

And now I feel like a hypocrite because this time last year I moaned about everyone forcing me to drink.

Well, it's on a Sunday. So after my normal Sunday activities, I'm going to get drunk and leave my ex a voice mail I'll most likely regret leaving him, then try to convince him I called the wrong number so he doesn't stop talking to me for being a creep. After that, I'll continue to drink and amuse myself playing video games because I'm just that pathetic.

Disclaimer: Anyone who would be offended by me attacking love, DO NOT READ THIS!
Ah, love. love. WHO GOT THE IDEA TO INVENT IT?!? I find that love causes more problems than solutions, it causes heartbreak, loss, suicide, homicide, overpopulation (which in turn leads to more pollution), peer pressure (leading possibly to the taking of drugs because that person does, causing death) and etc. Yes, I just said that love causes cancer. I find that the semi-Utopian society of 'The Giver' had a great idea. In the words of a certain Leonard Cohen: "Love is not a victory march, it's a cold and a broken Hallelujah". (note, in these ideas, I was referring to the second type of love, that makes Valentine's Day its home, Eros).
Note 2: I've never been in love (Eros) with someone.
Therefore, on Valentines Day, I will treat it as a normal day.
Note 3: In 5-10 years or so, I'm going to end up being a hypocrite.

wow. i don't even know how to respond to the amount of stupidity expressed here. But, moving on...

I'm spending valentine's day with my girlfriend, for the first time! last year she was busy, and the valentine's day before that we weren't dating yet. We've been dating for two years next month. :3 We'll probably just end up watching movies.

Reproduce asexually or something.

ahaha yes A+

Note 2: I've never been in love (Eros) with someone.
Therefore, on Valentines Day, I will treat it as a normal day

er yes well I've never had polio but I don't think it doesn't exist

how can you 'not believe' in love when as you said it's caused so much (none of which is purely caused by love, by the way, aside from heartbreak). and I don't think people go into love thinking 'ah, yes, this will be the solution to my lonliness', it's more about doing what makes you happy.

Heh. I don't have a girlfriend. Buuuttt maybe I'll agree with green and hit up a hot girl! :] I'm pretty hot, I've heard. 'Long as I don't smile! (I have a horrible smile) Yup. Go seduce my neighbor. (She likes me.) Damn, I'm very sick-minded. Just gonna waste more money on my family this year. D: Maybe if I had a girlfriend I would feel something when I'm blowing money on useless crap! XD

The first year I was dating my boyfriend, I got him a box of chocolates and sent them to him in a larger box which was stuffed with little heart-shaped papers, each of which had a special moment we'd spent together written on it. I just got him something small last year, but now that I have a bit more money, I want to try to top what I did the first time. He still has all those little hearts three years later :3

Probably skip around telling anyone and everyone I love them, and ask them where they've been all my life.

...Or nothing at all.

I'm a bland, bland person.

Probably try not to die of jet lag or something, cause I need to be up and ready to go to London.

...it was my parents' idea.

In the words of a certain Leonard Cohen: "Love is not a victory march, it's a cold and a broken Hallelujah".

That very same song ends:

And even though it all went wrong,
I'll stand before the Lord of Song with nothing on my tongue but hallelujah...

It's a bittersweet, pro-love ending.

ETA: also I am completely and utterly in love with someone I can never be with and I'm just about ok with that :B
That's me. :D

I'll probably just be real happy and upbeat and give a bunch of random people candy at school.

Back
Top Bottom