• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Valentines' Day.

I know more gay couples than straight couples doing stuff for it this year :v

Yeah, but try finding a card/cake/banner/giant cardboard cutout with two guys/two girls on.

(I was dragged card shopping against my will and had nothing better to do than investigate this. It's my duty as a sociologist)

Valentine's is a fucking stupid, worthless holiday.

That's all I have to say about it.

edit: nope, wait

Dannichu said:
Yeah, but try finding a card/cake/banner/giant cardboard cutout with two guys/two girls on.

I don't know what it's like over in England, but I would say that 99% of mainstream advertising is heterosexual. How the fuck is Valentine's any different? Seriously?

Last edited:
I have epic plans for V-day.

happycouples.jpg

Who's with me?

Yay! :D I was thinking of making loads of valentines, make sharp edges on them and throw them like ninja stars at all the couples XD (Of course I won't really do it)
Meh me and Zuea are throwing candy at some weird kids to watch them fight over it XD
Fun fun.

I don't know what it's like over in England, but I would say that 99% of mainstream advertising is heterosexual. How the fuck is Valentine's any different? Seriously?

I guess it's because most normal ads just happen to feature hetrosexuals; if an ad for a holiday destination features a straight couple, the ad's still advertising the holiday destination and the focus isn't on the relationship. During the entire month of February, companies advertise relationships, and aspects thereof. It's the premise that a day - a secular one, too, so it's inflicted on everyone - dedicated entirely to love and romance ignores such a large group of people.

*sigh* It's probably best to ignore me. I'm in an anti-straight-white-able-bodied-cisgendered-middle-class-male mood. It'll pass.

Me and my team are opening up a site on Valentine's day, but that's really it. I'm not into the whole Valentine's day thing. The day AFTER Valentine's day, however, is made of epic and win. So much chocolate on sale....

God, we had the valentine's thing today, where balloons got sent out to form classes and stuff. As I was walking to the bathroom to change for HPE, the most annoying guy on earth goes 'Hey ******, I see you haven't gotten any balloons or flowers!' He was adding insult to injury, the injury being i haven't had a valentine's since i started high school.

When I actually got to the bathroom i cried a little:sad:

I'll be studying for a test :3 Economy. I did buy a few roses to my teachers, though. They'll be delivered today, since Valentine's is a Saturday.

I'm not big into celebrating Valentine's Day. So as usual, I sent a guy I have a crush on a guess who valentines.

Back
Top Bottom