• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions veri art

Veriama

scones of desire
Pronoun
she
edit: i finally figured out what 'suggestions' means so i'm putting it on

heeeyyYyy i do art sometimes (a lot) and i guess lately i've been attempting to do more pokemon, cos i love pokemon but i almost never draw them
here have an art dump:

polaryu_by_veriama-d61qx63.png

this one's kinda unfinished by my standards but whatever yo

bs.png

aA0xZIf.png

messy giJINKAS. ^^
tumblr_mfts4cmFEs1r9iaydo1_500.png
tumblr_mftqtoxs6n1r9iaydo1_500.png
tumblr_mftl5pVGyr1r9iaydo1_500.png

these were from that one time i did a tumblr meme on my favorite pokemon of each type...

also trying to do new things so, if you have any suggestions/critiques (especially of the newer art; the older it's less relevant but i wont bite your face off if you tell me something) i'll be grateful........

Last edited:
aaaah thank you
tumblr_m9raok83V11qdlkyg.gif

(although i find it pretty funny that dragonheart, the heir of dragons, likes the picture that is a dragon. I WONDER WHY...?)

.....I kNEW IT WOULD ONLY BE A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE SOMEONE MADE A 'VERI' PUN
I KNEW IT
you have gained my DISAPPROVAL, vanilla (or should i call you mongoose?)
my disapproval and IRE.

9Y9hwea.png

(sorry for the sketchiness i just did that quickly cos i'm working on another huge image... eep)

(and thank you for the compliment!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
Haaaa your art is really nice :0 You obv understand colours and your art style is pretty cool everything is just great to look at wow.

One thing I notice is that in the picture of the Johto legendaries, Suicune's jaw is sorta weirdly placed, and Ho-oh's beak is a bit thin and short? But otherwise, nice stuff, nice work.

ahhh thank you! (ALL OF YOU SAYING NICE THINGS. I CAN'T HANDLE THIS)

but
One thing I notice is that in the picture of the Johto legendaries, Suicune's jaw is sorta weirdly placed, and Ho-oh's beak is a bit thin and short? But otherwise, nice stuff, nice work.
can you elaborate on this? animals DEFINITELY aren't my strong point, so i'm sure i got plenty wrong
looking at some references for ho-oh now you're right i totally made the beak too small, but i'm not sure i should go in and fix it now (since it's a sorta important bit and if i paint over it it'll lose the checkered texture i put on because i'm the dope who merged every layer without thinking)
i kinda messed with ho-oh's anatomy a lot in this image, he's skinnier and his neck is longer and all that
do you think it's a huge issue? cos i'll at least try and go in and fix it if you do hahah

and as far as suicune's jaw being weirdly placed i just don't see it at all hahhfd so you're going to need to point it out to me
for the bend in the mouth, i was thinking this?
suicune.jpg

but looking at that, i made the muzzle too long...
...was i looking at an old sprite for reference? i think i was ugh wow

omg wow ._. i am trash at drawing on-model pokemon who is surprised

Last edited:
I think you could probably leave Ho-oh? The beak isn't like ridiculously eyecatchingly small so could probably get away with it.

For Suicune, if you look at the reference picture its mouth starts sort of at the underside of its head, while you drew it starting from the end of the muzzle. Does that even make sense oop

.....I kNEW IT WOULD ONLY BE A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE SOMEONE MADE A 'VERI' PUN
I KNEW IT
you have gained my DISAPPROVAL, vanilla (or should i call you mongoose?)
my disapproval and IRE.

9Y9hwea.png

(sorry for the sketchiness i just did that quickly cos i'm working on another huge image... eep)

(and thank you for the compliment!!!!!!!)

because-having-only-one-pair-of-sunglasses-is-too-mainstream_858.gif

No seriously, you're good.

Redlines always help me way better than crits because obv I am a visual person so here. It's a small thing you'd just improve on by practicing canine/feline/whatever suicune is faces so don't worry about it too much?? Just doodle a buncha animals I guess. :o

Otherwise I really love your stuff, all the painterlyness of it is super cool and it's exactly what I'm trying to do at the moment gdsgdh. It's really pretty so I am jealous. u_u

aaahhh!!! thank you
all three- four? of you really but thank you dragon and pathos for critting/redlining it is much appreciated
(i don't know the first thing about drawing animals ahghghg)

sorry for the slow reply, i decided i shouldn't make tons of posts just to thank people so here have this

lugi.png

it
it could be better (and by that i mean it looks terrible to me)
i'm just tired of looking at it feel free to crit/redline (actually it would be much, much appreciated if you did, i dont know anything about drawing birds. or... bird... dragon... sea walrus thing, whatever lugia is. i don't even like lugia)

edit: also pathos if you want i can make a coloring tutorial or link you to a bunch of tutorials on the subject or something
painting is fun once you get the hang of it

Last edited:
I think that looks really cool! Birds are a+ in my book so the bird trio and lugia are just super super favs of mine. :D (HOW can you not like lugia??! it's a bird dragon seriously coolest thing ever) I think redlining something so painted would be difficult, so again my advice is just to study whatever animals it's based off or animals that are similar to get the anatomy down. u_u (my general advice for all things is reference haha...)

Thanks for the offer for a tutorial, but I don't really find tutorials to be very useful. :c (Unless it's for a specific thing like 'how to make layer masks in photoshop' or something...) Generally I've got a method built up, it's just a matter of practicing now so that I can improve my skill. I'm just so used to doing things lined that working without lines is like learning art from scratch?? It's very hard!

i just don't like lugia it hates me
it's design is pretty solid but i just
i don't like it...

and oh man i really dont know what to tell you about not-lined things since i actually work with lines (i just mess around with the colors of them haaaahjklg)
it's just like, sculpting?? work from undetailed stuff and get more detailed if that makes sense

i think i will do some animal studies though (i'm not... i'm not sure if i should post it here? maybe i won't cos it wouldn't be pokemon and thus it's unrelated and i wouldn't want to bother anyone with it)

Back
Top Bottom