• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Vipera Magnifica vs Dazel

Huh, pumpkaboo doesn't get hypnosis? That was a bad assumption on my part, based on the fact that pumpkaboo gets dream eater. I should really stop assuming things...

Anyway, you should be able to take a single aqua jet, so try protecting the first action, then take the next aqua jet and follow up with another good seed bomb. I hate to be so terribly spammy, but it really is the best move you've got against Kamohoalii and there's no real point in switching it out. If you can somehow attack on the third action, use synthesis.

Protect ~ seed bomb ~ synthesis

It should have been clear from my commands that Kamohoalii would still try to do the combo on action two. Maybe I worded that ambiguously, but the bolded commands are still pretty clear about it.

Vipera Magnifica [OOO]
carvanha
[Kamohoalii] (M) <Rough Skin>
Health: 10%
Energy: 71%
Condition: Looking battered and grim.
Status: Disable mimicked | Pumped up (Crit ratio raised two stages)

Dazel [OOO]
pumpkaboo
[Twilight Princess] (F) <Frisk>
Health: 22% (Capped)
Energy: 75%
Condition: Feeling like a chew toy.

Round four

Sensing things are down to the wire, Kamohoalii is determined to make his next attack count. Water foams around his fins as he prepares to propel himself at his foe, but Twilight proves to be quicker on the draw. A green force-field shimmers to life around her, encasing her in a translucent dome. She looks out at Kamohoalii warily, and gives a squeak of surprise as he launches himself at her protective shield in a flurry of water. However, he bounces harmlessly off the barrier and flops onto the floor once again, looking as disgruntled as ever.

But Kamohoalii is undeterred, and as soon as Twilight lets her guard drop, he's ready for launch again, this time with his jaws wide open. Twilight recognizes the incoming danger, but is helpless to stop it, and Kamohoalii has already jetted forward before she can react. She gives a wavering shriek as he propels right into her and sinks his fangs in deeply, thrashing violently from side to side. By the time he relents, it's clear Twilight has had enough, and the chewed up Pumpkaboo floats listlessly down to the ground.

End of round four

Vipera Magnifica [OOO]
carvanha
Energy: 59%
Condition: Tired, but pleased.

Dazel [XOO]
pumpkaboo
[Twilight Princess] (F) <Frisk>
Health: 0%
Energy: 72%
Condition: Knocked out!

Battle notes

- The combo was crit, although it didn't matter, as it would have dealt just enough damage to knock Twilight out anyway.
- The combo cost the combined energy of the two moves plus five points extra.
- Dazel sends out and attacks next.

Well, fuck.

I guess we'll be sending out Hair! Maybe you're not at an advantage (which... might be bad, seeing as Twilight Princess was at an advantage and fainted anyway), but I'm confident you can do this! Even though we're moving first! Given Kamohoalii's relatively low health, we can probably get him out quickly if we pass around a few shock waves. The first time Kamohoalii goes for a super-effective move, throw up a protect; I guess you'll have to take whatever comes after that. If you're unable to hit Kamohoalii for any reason other than substitute, use work up.

Shock wave / protect / work up x3

Okay Kamo, you've done great. Start with Captivate. Then use Destiny Bond. If you're still conscious by action three (not that you will be) use Destiny Bond again.

Captivate ~ Destiny Bond ~ Destiny Bond

Dazel hastily zaps Twilight Princess into her pokéball, wincing a little at the prominent bite marks on her hide. Kamohoalii certainly proved tougher than expected, but they're fairly confident their next choice will be able to finish the troublesome Carvanha without becoming his next chew toy.

Hair the Deino is released from her Pokéball and into the overly bright arena. She shakes her bristly mane and eagerly stomps her feet as she prepares to fight, while Kamohoalii does little more than weakly flop about, his elation at his victory fading.

Vipera Magnifica [OOO]
carvanha
Energy: 59%
Condition: Not feeling too confident.

Dazel [XOO]
deino
[Hair] (F) <Hustle> @ Lucky Egg
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Ready to go.

Round five

As the round kicks off, Kamohoalii does his best to turn on the charm, hoping to stave off oblivion a little longer. Trying to ignore his discomfort, he does a few flips into the air, flicking his fins and trying to draw attention to his non-damaged scales. Hair seems cautious about his odd behavior at first, but he is pleased to see he's gaining her attention. He continues to flip about, doing his best to look elegant and not like he's about to topple over. It's horribly difficult and uncomfortable in his current state, but he just about manages.

Hair has to admit that the flashy display is very interesting. This is completely unexpected; she was fully anticipating getting mauled by this fish and his ridiculously huge teeth, certainly not... this. However, once she gets over her initial shock, she has to admit that Kamohoalii is strangely captivating, with those rough, rugged scales and that striking star on his front. And she never would have suspected Carvanha had such lovely eyes...

Hair shakes her head and snaps out of her reverie, feeling overwhelmingly embarrassed. As stunning a creature as Kamohoalii is, she's in a battle here, and she can't waste her time mulling over her opponent's finer features. She remains flustered however, even as she begins charging up sparks of electricity for her attack. Her mane bristles from the static when she fires off the shock wave, gripping Kamohoalii in a burst of electricity. He scowls and flops about, but all things considered, Hair's attack feels less painful then he was expecting. Being charming has its perks, apparently.

However, despite his opponent's befuddled state, Kamohoalii knows he definitely can't take another hit like that, so he grimly prepares himself for the end. A dark shroud of ghostly energy surrounds his body, slowly engulfing him in its clammy grip. Soon, only Kamohoalii's faint outline is visible beneath the gloom. Hair grimaces and backs away a little, her opponent's allure temporarily forgotten. The shadowy aura instills a cold sense of dread in her, and just looking at it gives her the creeps.

Nervously, Hair begins charging up another shock wave, then sends the shower of sparks trailing towards Kamohoalii. The attack strikes true, and Kamohoalii shudders in the grip of the electricity, his fins feebly slapping the floor. As the sparks fade, he is left lying still, but the aura of shadows remains. To Hair's disgust, it begins traveling outwards like spilled ink, creeping towards her and rapidly engulfing her in a freezing veil. Hair gives a shriek of pain and flails about in distress, struggling to escape the shroud of shadows, but it grips her tenaciously and viciously saps at her life force. As Kamohoalii's consciousness fades, the pain begins to lessen, before the aura finally fades into a wisp. Now visible again, Kamohoalii is clearly out for the count, but the shell-shocked Hair isn't feeling up to celebrating her win.

End round five

Vipera Magnifica [XOO]
carvanha
Energy: 3%

Dazel [XOO]
deino
[Hair] (F) <Hustle> @ Lucky Egg
Health: 70% (Capped)
Energy: 92%
Condition: Horribly cold and in shock.

Captivate = 2% energy
Destiny bond = 54% energy

Shock wave x2 = 5 damage each(after captivate), 4 energy

Battle notes

- Ugh, okay, I wrote the flavour text for captivate up before remembering Deino is fucking blind, but I don't have the energy to rewrite that right now, so I'll just try and avoid any future stupidity like that. I suppose you could argue against captivate working on blind Pokémon altogether, but it didn't matter here since Kamohoalii was gonna go down from two shock waves either way.
- Probably made more screw-ups in the flavour that didn't take Deino's blindness into account, but again, I'll avoid this in the future.
- Captivate wore off after Kamohoalii fainted.
- Vipera Magnifica sends out and attacks.​

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and use Master Belch. After this battle he can become the epic Goodra he was always destined to be.

Use Swagger and follow it up with two Dragon Pulses. If Hair Protects, use Double Team, and if you can't use Dragon Pulse because of Torment or whatever, use Dragon Breath instead.

Swagger / Double Team ~ Dragon Pulse / Double Team ~ Dragon Pulse / Dragon Breath / Double Team

Agh, I'm ordering second and still struggling to get around those commands. Curse your competence. Looks like I'm going to have to use shit commands, I've been mulling this over for four days now to no avail.

Well, since we'll be confused anyway, let's outrage it up. If you're out of your trance by the third action, finish off with focus energy to dispel the confusion.

Outrage ~ outrage ~ outrage / focus energy

Kamohoalii is withdrawn into his Pokéball, leaving his opponent shivering in his wake. Hair gains some comfort by watching him go, but man, did he really have to go out like that?

Vipera is quick to respond with his next fighter, and Master Belch the Goomy materializes on the warped battlefield. He gurgles away cheerily as he faces his foe, eager to battle and fulfill his dream of becoming an even mightier dragon. Even the gaudiness of the basketball court does nothing to distract him from his task at hand.

Vipera Magnifica [XOO]
Goomy
[Master Belch] (M) <Gooey> @ Lucky egg
Condition: Oozing along.

Dazel [XOO]
deino
[Hair] (F) <Hustle> @ Lucky egg
Health: 70%
Energy: 92%
Condition: Still not feeling too good.

Round six

Master Belch puffs himself up, his spherical little body expanding, and starts off the round by bragging loudly. He announces how he's going to be the most magnificent, mightiest, and most importantly, the ooziest dragon ever, and there is absolutely nothing some dumb little dragon with a geeky haircut can do to stop him.

Still in shock, Hair is initially slow to react to Master Belch's goading, the cold tendrils of the destiny bond still preying on her mind. Belch is undeterred, however, and makes sure to really get up in Hair's face so she can perfectly hear what he's saying. His boldness startles Hair, causing her to jump back, scowling in annoyance at the invasion of her personal space. Having got her attention, Belch really ups his game, and Hair can feel her fear steadily giving way to cold, hard rage.

Shrieking with fury, she stomps towards the insolent little goop, ready to give him a piece of her mind. She charges at him with her teeth bared, but her hot-headedness makes her actions clumsy and uncoordinated, leading to her tripping over her own feet and landing in a heap.

Belch gurgles laughter at his opponent's mishap, feeling pleased. As Hair struggles furiously to upright herself, Belch opens his mouth wide, and an orb of blue draconic energy crackles to life, spitting out sparks. When Hair finds her legs again, Master Belch spits the orb straight at her, and it unfurls into a blinding pulse of bright blue light. Hair shrieks in pain, flailing wildly as the dragon energy scorches her skin and singes her fur. Fuming, she staggers towards her opponent again, lashing out wildly. Belch oozes back a little, and watches with amusement as Hair simply falls head over heels again in impotent fury.

Ecstatic at his success so far, Belch is only too happy to follow up with a second dragon pulse. Hair gives another shriek as her hide is further scorched by the burst of draconic energy, and she is forced to simply lie down for a moment to try and get her bearings back. Her head is pounding and her body is aching, and she's still left seething with anger. While she's used to getting bashed and bruised in an effort to get to grips with her surroundings, she's certainly not happy to let her opponent do the bashing and bruising. Scowling, she slowly picks herself up again and struggles hard to concentrate.

Hair's body slowly begins to simmer with a deep orange light, before a burst of dragon fire flares up around her small form, blazing with energy. Belch draws back in alarm, his confidence fading a little as he grows uneasy. His gooey form trembles as Hair gives a primal scream of rage and charges towards him, and this time she doesn't lose her footing. Hair collides into Belch with as much force as she can muster, blue and orange flames of draconic fire pouring out in all directions. Belch's squishy body is flattened by the impact, and he gives a high-pitched bubbling cry as the flames lick over his skin. As Hair backs off, the fire around her continues to rage, though her regal appearance is somewhat diminished by the slimy ooze from Belch that's currently coating her legs.

End of round six

Vipera Magnifica [XOO]
Goomy
Health: 72%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Not quite as confident.
Moves used: Swagger - Dragon pulse x2

Dazel [XOO]
deino
Health: 30% (Capped)
Energy: 78%
Condition: In a terrible rage.
Status: + 2 attack | - 1 speed | Confused (Moderate) | Locked into outrage
Moves used: [Confused] - [Confused] - Outrage

Swagger = 4% energy
Dragon pulse x2 = 15% damage each, 4% energy

Confusion fail x2 = 5 damage each (After attack boost), 2% energy
Outrage = 28% damage (After hustle + attack boost), 10% energy

No crits, misses or arena effect rolled

Battle notes

- When two Pokémon have a base speed difference of five points or less, I use a coin flip to decide who goes first. Master Belch went first on all three actions.
- The attack boost from swagger will wear off when Hair's confusion fades.
- For reference, severe confusion has a 50% chance of failure, moderate has a 20% chance, and mild has a 10% chance.
- I added some extra energy to outrage's cost due to the ridiculous amount of damage it did.
- Dazel attacks first.​

Last edited:
Fuck fuck fuuuuck sorry I keep running so late VM.

Uhhhh I guess keep outraging? If you snap out of outrage then use focus energy immediately to clear confusion; after that, dragon pulse, I guess. /too stressed to give decent commands

Outrage / focus energy / dragon pulse x3

Vipera Magnifica [XOO]
Goomy
Health: 72%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Not quite as confident.

Dazel [XOO]
deino
Health: 30% (Capped)
Energy: 78%
Condition: In a terrible rage.
Status: + 2 attack | - 1 speed | Confused (Moderate) | Locked into outrage

Round seven

As his opponent continues to stomp around in rage (while also on fire), Belch has only one thought on his mind, and that's to put Hair out of comission as soon as possible. Luckily for Belch, the goo coating Hair's legs hinders her movement, making her rampage a little more sluggish that it would be otherwise. Belch manages to fire off another blistering dragon pulse before Hair can squish him again, sending her flailing backwards in unbridled fury.

By this point, Hair is left looking even more bruised and battered than the average Deino, and patches of her fur have been burnt up by the repeated blasts of dragonfire. However, she isn't willing to go down without venting some more of her rage on the insufferable goo. She charges towards him recklessly, screaming out a war cry, her body blazing fiercely. Unfortunately for Belch, she just about manages to find her mark, and bashes into him with wild abandon, scorching his gooey body and leaving him looking like mushed up jello.

Belch gives a bubbly groan of pain as Hair backs off, panting heavily from the exertion of her attack. He's even more dismayed to see that she doesn't look like she's done with this outraging business either, if the fiery aura still blazing around her is any indication. Belch definitely doesn't want to take another hit like that, so he wastes no time in blasting yet another dragon pulse right in her face. Hair's screech of pain quickly dies off this time as the blast saps away the last of her willpower, bringing her spectacular rampage to an abrupt end. The fire around her fades to a feeble wisp of smoke, and the battering her body has taken becomes all too apparent. She weaves from side to side for a moment before finally slumping to the ground, and Belch gives a great sigh of relief.

End of round seven

Vipera Magnifica [XOO]
Goomy
Health: 44%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Glad to be rid of the rampaging beast.

Dazel [XXO]
deino
Energy: 68%

Battle notes

- Dazel sends out.
- Vipera Magnifica attacks.
- Dazel attacks.​

Well, fuck. Almost forgot about this. Looks like this battle isn't going very far in my favour, but let's see if I can't go out with a punch...?

Despite your devastating weakness that will probably be the undoing of this entire battle, goooo Boris!

Welp. I suppose Master Belch can't knock us out in one round, but that toxic would be bad business, so protect against that. Take the iron tails and counter them with some avalanches.

Protect ~ avalanche x2

Upon her defeat, Hair is recalled into her Pokéball, leaving the court smoking and scorched in her wake. Dazel takes a few moments to think about their last fighter, before ultimately deciding on Boris the Amarua. The little ice dinosaur materializes on the bizarre field, raising his magnificent eyebrows as he takes in the gaudy coloured sights. He can't help but think this place could be improved with a little more snow... Unfortunately, the roof puts a dampener on his plans, and Boris gives a scowl as he hears the pattering of hail overhead, tantalizingly close. Master Belch certainly isn't disappointed by this, and is more than happy to be indoors from the cold.

Vipera Magnifica [XOO]
Goomy
Health: 44%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Wary.

Dazel [XXO]
amaura
[Boris] (M) <Snow Warning>
Condition: A little miffed he couldn't experience it snow.

Round eight

Boris watches carefully as the slightly squished looking Goomy tries to puff himself up again and resume his spherical shape. He doesn't have much success, so Master Belch decides to take out his irritation on his opponent by vomiting up a nasty mix of toxins in his face. Boris barely suppresses a cry of disgust as he sees the purple muck come sailing towards him, and he's only too happy to follow his trainer's orders to protect himself against it. A translucent barrier flickers to life in front of him, forming a protective dome, and the venom splashes onto it. It hisses and fizzles as it runs down the shield, but none gets through, leaving Boris feeling relieved. The thought of that gross stuff getting on him makes him shudder.

Master Belch doesn't look overly concerned about the miss; the look on his opponent's face when he saw that venom was amusing enough to make up for it. Still, he knows he's got to whittle Boris down for his next team-mate, and disgusting the Amaura isn't going to be enough to get the job done. He braces himself, and a thin layer of ooze flows from his pores, except this one has a metallic glint. It covers Belch like quicksilver, hardening his gooey body into a lethal weapon. He glances over at Boris, preparing to take aim, and notices Boris has a look of deep concentration on his face, his bushy brows furrowed. He looks like he's lying in wait for his opponent to make his move, something that makes Belch hesitant. The icy cold aura around Boris seems to grow in intensity, and icy particles surround him as he super-cools the air.

Nervous as he is, Belch knows he can't stall forever, so he decides to take his chances. He slides rapidly against the court floor, his steel-hardened body shining brightly. With a gurgling yell, he bounces through the air, ready to slam right into Boris. Unfortunately, Belch underestimates just how heavy his new coating is, and his jump doesn't have enough momentum to reach his target. He falls back down with an anti-climatic clang, looking almost comically perplexed at his screw-up.

Boris doesn't know whether to be annoyed or relieved, but decides he's going to have to take the initiative and rush Belch head-on. The icy particles around him begin to grow in size, forming frost-coated stones. He tackles the gooey dragon, pelting him with the cascade of stones in the process. Belch burbles in pain, more from the icy cold than from the force of the Amaura's body. He oozes backwards, quivering like jelly, while Boris pulls a face as he sees some residue goo left on his feet. Ergh, as if the poison wasn't bad enough...

The cold makes Belch feel even more daunted about his earlier failure, but he isn't about to give up just yet. Resolving to get it right this time, his body takes on a metallic sheen again as it becomes imbued with a layering of steel. Boris tenses as he prepares himself for the incoming attack, and the air around him begins to grow freezing cold again, as small stones of ice form around him. Belch pays it no heed, and launches himself forward, this time hitting his mark. Boris gives a roar of agony as the Goomy's steel-coated form batters his rocky armour, opening up a ragged looking wound. However, Belch has no time to celebrate his success, as Boris suddenly unleashes the torrent of icy rocks at him, pelting Belch in an even more impressive cascade than the last one. The end result leaves both Pokémon looking battered, but Belch is definitely worse off.

End of round eight

Vipera Magnifica [XOO]
Goomy
Health: 14% (Capped)
Energy: 62%
Condition: Horribly cold.
Moves used: Toxic (Blocked) ~ Iron Tail (Missed) ~ Iron Tail (Lowered Defence)

Dazel [XXO]
amaura
[Boris] (M) <Snow Warning>
Health: 82%
Energy: 90%
Condition: Fussing over his wound.
Moves used: Protect ~ Avalanche x2

Toxic = 4% energy
Iron tail x2 = 18% damage / 7% energy

Protect = 2% energy
Avalanche (60 BP) = 10% damage / 2% energy
Avalanche (120 BP) = 22% damage / 6% energy

Battle notes

- Snow Warning had no effect since the battle takes place indoors.
- This round, Master Belch turned into a metal slime from Dragon Quest Monsters.
- Dazel attacks first.​

Ice beam it up, unless Master Belch tries toxic again, in which case use protect. (But only the first time!) Hopefully this won't get me killed...

Ice beam / protect x3

Back
Top Bottom