• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

VOCALOID

Automata heart

a skirt full of scamper and a head full of vodka
love it or hate it?
whats your favourite vocaloid song? mine at the moment is alice human sacrifice, daughter of evil, and circle you circle you. i like the creepier stuff, but i also like we are pop candy and levian polka. what about you?
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

I've really only listened to Kagamine Len and Rin, so I guess they're my favorite two out of a grand total of two that I know. =3 My favorite songs are Kokoro sung by Rin and Imitator sung by Len.

I think it's interesting how there are programs that can sing like that. It's harder for me to tell with the Japanese Vocaloids that they're actually programs, probably because I don't know the language and the words. The few English Vocaloids I've listened to though, I notice quite a bit more distortion in the words. Still interesting to hear!

Hello, Vocaloid fanatic here! I love the Story of Evil (favorite is a tie between Re_birthday and Daughter of White), Meltdown, anything wowaka, anything Len, and Kokoro.

And my favorite NicoNico singer is clear. I'm listening to his cover of Fire Flower now and it's lovely.

I also have made 5 UTAUs.

I really, really hate Miku's voice though. It's all squeaky and can't carry any emotion. I swear, only wowaka can make me stand to listen to her.

I am quite interested in doing Vocaloid/UTAU, but have no idea how to get started. I already have my parents permission etc, I just need to know how. =P

I really, really dislike vocaloids :|

It just feels so... fake. Sure they are kind of neat, but it's very obvious to the trained ear.

I think they're pretty cool, but I haven't listened to many songs. :V I like Luka Luka Night Fever, though.

I love Vocaloids <3 I'm not much of a music person, so I doubt I'd ever really use one, but the songs are nice. It's really cool that we have technology that can do that~ My favorites are Go Google It, Kokoro/Kiseki, and Story of Evil.

Also, I'm starting to use Miku Miku Dance (a freeware 3D program specifically designed to make Vocaloid music videos, for those who don't know). It's very fun.

I really, really dislike vocaloids :|
This.

It's an interesting concept in a way, but the overflowing anime-ness kind of ruins the whole thing. Besides, they sound almost as annoying as autotuned singers :x

I prefer computer-voices that are meant to sound like computer voices, e.g. robotic ones. The human voice is too natural for this kind of stuff, machines will probably never be able to emulate all the little different tones and details that make real singing as fascinating as it is.

This.

It's an interesting concept in a way, but the overflowing anime-ness kind of ruins the whole thing. Besides, they sound almost as annoying as autotuned singers :x

It's only the Japanese Vocaloids that are that way. Heck, out of 8 Engloids, we only know what 3 of them (Sweet Ann, Sonika, and Big Al) even look like. And even then, we only have Sweet Ann's head.

It's only the Japanese Vocaloids that are that way. Heck, out of 8 Engloids, we only know what 3 of them (Sweet Ann, Sonika, and Big Al) even look like. And even then, we only have Sweet Ann's head.
What about point #2?

Llevan Polkka
It's "Ievan Polkka" with an "i". The original song is Finnish and the name means 'Eeva's Polka' in English. It irks me to no end when people spell it with an L because the name turns into something completely different that way.

I still dislike Vocaloids. :I

EDIT: another thing that annoys me is that the vocaloid-sung Ievan Polkka is merely the one nonsensical part, the rest of the song has real lyrics and all. :/

It's "Ievan Polkka" with an "i". The original song is Finnish and the name means 'Eeva's Polka' in English. It irks me to no end when people spell it with an L because the name turns into something completely different that way.

I still dislike Vocaloids. :I

EDIT: another thing that annoys me is that the vocaloid-sung Ievan Polkka is merely the one nonsensical part, the rest of the song has real lyrics and all. :/

Sorry, how was I supposed to know that? Everywhere I have looked it is spelled with an L, so i assumed so, sorry that I offended you. Why does it bother you that they use the nonsensical part, its catchy.

Everywhere I have looked it is spelled with an L, so i assumed so, sorry that I offended you.
I wasn't really directing it towards you, more the whole fanbase in general.

Why does it bother you that they use the nonsensical part, its catchy.
Because the song loses its meaning and just becomes a meme-like thing and people think the whole song is just the gibberish part :I Like how many run-of-the-mill Vocaloid fans know that it's an actual song with lyrics?
If I was the songwriter I'd feel pretty pissed about this sort of thing.

Plus the full song is catchy in itself, so why would there be a need to crop it just to a tiny piece of the original? :U

@ IcySapphire: link please, I want to hear whether it's decipherable :V

I think another reason I dislike Vocaloids is because pretty much the whole fandom acts as if they are real people really singing. (With how they are referred to by name, pronouns, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom