• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wal-Mart

Wow, the second I clicked the link to here, a Walmart commercial came on Tv. o_O Creepy.

I find it funny that McD's is always found in Walmarts. It's like an unholy union of evil and unholiness. D:

XD I never noticed that, but now that you mention it, I can't think of a single Wal*Mart without a McDonalds in it. O_O Scary...

I don't like how Wal*Mart is pushing out smaller businesses, but that's just what happens. If they can make more money, they'll open more stores. They're just trying to make money like all the stores they're pushing away.

I find it funny that McD's is always found in Walmarts. It's like an unholy union of evil and unholiness. D:

Although they were when I lived in Oklahoma and Germany, not a single Wal-Mart here has a McD's in it. (The ones in Missouri didn't have anything)

ALSO GUYS WAL-MART IS BEING BUILT IN MY BACK YARD AS I WRITE

How cool

Anyways, uh, I try to avoid massive retailers, though I like the Target environment. It's not as... industrial feeling as Wal-Mart. I typically go to GameStop for games, and Best Buy for misc. electronics. B&N for books. I don't buy much else :D

And McDonald's is pushing out smaller food chains in my area(eg a&w) A&W is a big company but there's only 1 within 15 min drive, the other 2 closed down cause of mcdonalds.

X3 Here we have two McDonalds, an A&W, and an A&W Express

I am not counting the McDonalds in WalMart. That is just a given.

Also, we have three Tim Horton's here, one in Walmart

Wow, the second I clicked the link to here, a Walmart commercial came on Tv. o_O Creepy.

yes, it is the union of two great evils:freaked:Now we RUN

I don't know if there's a McDonalds in my Wal-Mart because they've all been eaten up by Walgreens or on my ignore list.

..The Walmarts were eaten up by the Wallgreens?

Anyone else find that hilarious?

Well, Wal*Mart is what you get when you breed Wallgreens and K-Mart. =B

Huh. Thought it was what you get when you breed Satan with a huge chain...

*Still hates how Wal-Mart is the only place in this city with a decent selection of games at prices that I can actually afford T.T*

Wallgreens is awesome.

Walmart...not so much.

It sucks that there's TWO within five miles of each other here.

ugh guess I'll post to get rid of that stupid header telling me not to post

Wal-Mart/Sam's Club is a large chain of uberstores designed to cater to dumb hicks and soccer moms. Back in the beginning, everything was awesome because they had a policy to buy American-manufactured goods only. Once they got rid of that, they were able to drastically reduce the price of the goods bought while only slightly reducing the cost of resale to the consumer, resulting in profits that were hueg liek xbox. It can also be argued that they are single-handedly responsible for converting America to a country of production to a country of resale. Personally I'd say some of that is also the fault of the big three, but it's all good. Nobody really cares about that, though.

The only real trouble they ever got into was when it was proven that they were hiring elderly people for the position of "greeter", which is someone that stands near the entrance and says hello, and taking out life insurance policies on them. If you're not too bright, they were profiting off the death of old people.

Also yes they've sold a whole bunch of harmful products like the previously-mentioned sandals and children's toys made from toxic materials. The company has also been repeatedly accused of racism and sexism when it comes to hiring more meat for the grinder.

Basically shopping at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, or whatever the international names are is giving money to a horrible and immoral company. :( Also I didn't really give any time to closing local businesses because that's capitalism cry more or get more government regulation.

Wow, that flip flop story was incredible. I can't believe how bad it was on her feet. Anyway, Wal-Mart sucks, I go to Target.

YEAH W00T TARGET

I've never really liked Wal-Mart much. Even when I was little there was always something about that place...

Although the smiley face guy is awesome. You gotta argee with me there.

You are a good person.

If Wal-Mart was gone, the scum of the earth would flock to the better stores and ruin them, one at a time. There has to be some place for them to go, and that place is Wal-Mart. :/

...Why do I have the sudden urge to wait until Walmart's busiest time, then go blow it up? [/lamejoke]

Back
Top Bottom