• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Warriors Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
There... is none. I was wondering if anybody could think of one, but there really isn't! :P

BY THE WAY

Mafia while you wait for it on the forums~

(And yes, the Flametail that signed up there is the one that posts here.)

ANYWAY. When Mafia's ready here, I'm going to make a Warriors one. The roles that I used in the above post, however, are essentially Butterfree's changed to Warriors and with a few changes (the deletion of Luvdisc/Crowfeather and the addition of Darkstripe, Whitestorm and Sandstorm). I don't want to just rehash a Pokémon Mafia, so...

Flametail and I are currently brainstorming a Mafia based around variable roles and alignments, but I was wondering if any of you wanted to help brainstorm roles for a separate Mafia? :P

... I can't help but notice how well Jayfeather and Lionblaze's powers fit into Mafia. I can't wait 'til we find the power of the third prophecy cat...

Anybody remember my theory that Hollyleaf's power was going to be the ability to take cats over mentally? Yeah, I just realized that could be converted to Mafia easily.

"Hollyleaf - Hollyleaf has the power to take over other players. Once Hollyleaf is killed - no matter how she is killed - she can pick one player. That player will then be unable to send in any night actions or vote in the day discussion. Instead, Hollyleaf will PM to that player what she wants them to say in the day discussion. They will post what she says, but they cannot change any of her words. Hollyleaf also sends to the GM what she wants the player to do as a night action. That player, while under Hollyleaf's control, cannot speak to any other players without Hollyleaf telling them what to say. If that player dies, they die as they normally would, and Hollyleaf is unable to take over another cat."

... This is a very interesting concept. Hollyleaf could kill the player she's controlling or make them win the game if she wants. To spice things up, if I made a Mafia with this, I'd make Hollyleaf variable alignment. That'd make the game even more fun.

Shame this isn't Hollyleaf's actual power. What to do instead...

...!

Flametail, I think I just thought of another character with this role to add to our variable alignment Mafia: Tigerstar.

Yay! Mafia! If only I knew what Mafia was... *shot* Anyway, that sounds neat. I'd like to join once everthing's official. If someone can explain the rules to me, that is. :P

Yay! Mafia! If only I knew what Mafia was... *shot* Anyway, that sounds neat. I'd like to join once everthing's official. If someone can explain the rules to me, that is. :P

AAAAA WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT MAFIA IS

um I'll explain when I'm not still half-asleep

@Taliax: I'm not quite sure, but as far as I know, Mafia is basically an RP that's played in "days" (Day 1, Day 2, etc.") where you start with a certain amount of players and, day by day, you die. I mean, one player at a time. I think the dying player has some effect on the rest of the players, but I'm not sure about that part.

As for Warriors-related stuff...I'm waiting for the rest of Po3 to come out in paperback =/

~Until next time
Dawnwish

Mafia, essentially:

It's a game that's normally played in real life, although some smart person realized it could be done on the internet and brought it to the internet.

Mafia has a ton of different variations. Games where one person is picked to 'kill' others in a certain way - for example, all the players in the game shake hands with one another, but the killer scratches the others' palms when shaking their hand, so said person knows to 'die' a minute later - are essentially very watered-down versions of Mafia. I also played a variation of Mafia at school where there was no day discussion. You might also know the game as Werewolf or Murder or something similar.

Anyway, what happens in the game! Mafia is played with a somewhat large group of people - anywhere from ten to thirty people, although the internet ones I've played use fifteen. One person who is not in the game is known as the Game Master.

In real-life Mafia, there are usually only three or less different roles: you have the Mafia (you may have multiple Mafia depending on the size of the group), you have a doctor/angel, who can pick one player in the 'night' and protect them should they be attacked by Mafia, and you have a detective/policeman, who picks one player in the 'night' and gets told if they're Mafia or not. The Mafia variation in which there was no day discussion had only one way to get rid of the Mafia: if the detective/policeman picked a Mafia, the game was over and they would win.

At the beginning of the game, the Game Master would pick three or more players to play the roles of Mafia, angel/doctor and detective/policeman. Then he would say the game is now 'night', and every 'player' in the game would go to 'sleep'. He would say "Mafia, wake up - who do you want to kill?" and they'd be able to pick one player to 'kill'. If the angel/doctor doesn't protect them, that player is now unable to participate in the game, but they are allowed to watch in the night and see who's Mafia or not (though, of course, they can't tell anybody). The Game Master would then say "Mafia, go back to sleep. Angel/doctor, wake up - who do you want to save?" The angel/doctor would pick a player. If that player was targeted by the Mafia to die, they... wouldn't... die. The Game Master would then say "Angel/doctor, go back to sleep. Detective/policeman, wake up - who do you think is Mafia?" In the variation I played where there was no day discussion, if the detective/policeman guessed correctly the game was over and the Mafia lost. I don't actually know their point otherwise except maybe for just having the knowledge.

Then, when all this was finished, everybody would wake up, and the Game Master would tell the game who had been killed. The game would then have a short period of time to discuss, known as the day phase or day discussion.

In the discussion, the players would bring up points and argue about who they thought was Mafia. The real-life version's a little better for this than the internet version; while you can say the same things on the internet as you can in real life, in real life you also exhibit emotion better. Most all the posts in the topic I linked to earlier once the game starts are day discussion posts.

Once a few suspects have been established, the Game Master would quiet everybody and ask for a vote ("who thinks this person's Mafia? mkay... how about this person?"). The player with the most votes is killed. The Game Master will also say whether they were Mafia or not. Also, in real-life Mafias, the Game Master will usually tell the group if they were the angel/doctor or detective/policeman, but any role apart from Mafia is hidden in the forum version because the rules are slightly different, explained later. Also, in the games I run, there's no final vote; rather, during day discussion players will be asked to write "I nominate so-and-so" if they wish to indict another player. The player with the most nominations is killed in day discussion. If the player to be killed is the final Mafia, Innocents win; if the player is the final Innocent Mafia win. If the game still goes on, the night happens as normal...

The internet version, however, makes a lot of changes to be more fun. First off, each player has a role. In the real-life version, only the players who were Mafia, doctor/angel and detective/policeman held roles. Internet versions make up a myriad of other roles so that the game's not boring with only a few people with roles. The roles that you see in the topic I linked to are, like I said, Butterfree's with a few exceptions. The reason that Innocent roles are hidden from people are because of the new additions. If you know that the player you killed was Brightheart, you'd know why another player died the next day. It's better to be in the dark about such things.

Another change is what occasionally happens near the end. If a Mafia and two Innocents are left living, and the Mafia kills one of the Innocents in the night, the way this would work was that the Innocent would wake and be dying but not dead. The other two players would debate and try and convince the dying player that the other was Mafia. At the end of the debate, the dying player would pick one, the player they picked would die, and so would the dying player. If it's Mafia that they picked, Innocents win; if it's Innocent Mafia win. I'm not sure what happens if this scenario happens in real-life.

Also, I kept a record of the first TCoD Mafia played so that the people on the forum would have a record of a good example of a Mafia and how reasoning why people are Mafia works (since at the time people just nominated without really explaining why). You can find that here. (I know that the link says Tawnypaw and Graystripe weren't there, even though I mentioned earlier that Darkstripe, Whitestorm and Sandstorm were the only three missing. This is true; at the time Tawnypaw and Graystripe weren't added yet. The game also had only 13 people.) The log has been directly converted to the roles of the Mafia I linked to earlier.

:D

Last edited:
I'd join in on the mafia when it opens!

I've only done one mafia (I was one of the few who survived) and it was heaps of fun

I've never done mafia, so... one day I might look at those long paragraphs and read them completely :p

On a side note, you could have told me there was no answer so that I wouldn't think so hard on it [:p again]

Back to Warriors.
If Squirrelflight isn't Hollyleaf's, Jayfeather's, and Lionblaze's mother, and by now the prophecy is obviously about them, then Leafpool is their mother? And based on The New Prophecy, I'm guessing Crowfeather is their dad. Am I right?

On Youtube, I've seen some tributes to a cat named Shade (sometimes Shadestar or Shadeheart) who becme leader of Blood Clan after Scourge. I don't know if that's true, since there aren't any books on Sade, but after the fight with Lion Clan, Blood Clan would have been lost without Scourge. Surely some cat like Shade would have stepped up to take control.

On Youtube, I've seen some tributes to a cat named Shade (sometimes Shadestar or Shadeheart) who becme leader of Blood Clan after Scourge. I don't know if that's true, since there aren't any books on Sade, but after the fight with Lion Clan, Blood Clan would have been lost without Scourge. Surely some cat like Shade would have stepped up to take control.

Didn't happen. There's no Shade. BloodClan scattered after the battle.

So I was just wondering...for how long is a queen pregnant before she gives birth? It's obviously less than nine moons...I mean, it never seemed like any queen was pregnant for three whole seasons in the series. I was thinking something like four, though more likely five, moons.
Help?

~Until next time
Dawnwish

So I was just wondering...for how long is a queen pregnant before she gives birth? It's obviously less than nine moons...I mean, it never seemed like any queen was pregnant for three whole seasons in the series. I was thinking something like four, though more likely five, moons.
Help?

~Until next time
Dawnwish

Hmm, I thought it was two, but if you're right and it was four/five then Po3 suddenly makes a lot more sense.

Oh yes, and an announcement to the forums: A chat with the authors of Warriors is scheduled to take place on June 27th on Wands and Worlds. If anybody has a question they'd like to ask, ask me and I'll ask it for you.

... actually you could also ask Flametail to ask it for you, but I dunno what happened to her ; ;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom