• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Warriors Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, time for some Google...
Wikipedia said:
The gestation period for cats is approximately 63–65 days.
So you were right...about two months. But that doesn't make sense. Some cats in the series definitely took longer...can't quite remember one specifically, seeing as it's been days since I've picked up a book, but I know it took longer...
And while I'm at it...
Toilet-trained kittypet.

~Until next time
Dawnwish

Some cats in the series definitely took longer...

Leafpool, first and foremost. She got pregnant in Twilight, in newleaf, but the kits were born in leaf-bare. o.o
We haven't seen the other cats long enough to see when exactly they got pregnant, though.

Also while I'm at various inconsistencies: Firestar's Quest. @_@

Mkay, so TDH ended in the very tail end of leaf-bare. FQ opens five moons later.

Moons = 5

Let's assume it takes Firestar and Sandstorm one moon to get to SkyClan.

Moons = 6

I know Firestar didn't stay at SkyClan for only a month, but for the bare minimum let's assume he did.

Moons = 7

One moon back.

Moons = 8

Three moons later, Squirrelflight and Leafpool are born.

Moons = 11

Squirrelflight is eight moons old while Midnight opens.

Moons = 19

That actually makes a bit of sense. TDH leaves off in the end of leaf-bare. Twelve moons later is leaf-bare again. Three moons after is the end of newleaf, and four moons later is the end of greenleaf/beginning of leaf-fall, so that works.

HOWEVER

ages do not.

Spiderleg and Shrewpaw are born before FQ. When Squirrelflight and Leafpool are born, they're apprentices. Let's assume they've just been made apprentices. Ignoring the inconsistency that Thornclaw was mentoring Sootfur at the same time Shrewpaw was an apprentice...

Apprentice Moons = 0

Eight moons later Midnight opens.

AM = 8

Um, isn't that sort of weird? They were apprentices for eight moons? Doesn't make much sense to me. About four moons pass between Midnight and Twilight.

AM = 12

... o.o Wut.

Okay, now assume Whitewing became an apprentice a moon after Spiderleg and Shrewpaw.

AM = 11

Four (?) moons pass between Starlight and Sunset...

AM = 15

They should have been warriors by Midnight. Midnight. Whitewing didn't become an warrior until six books later. o.o

Seeing as I'm supposed to be rereading The New Prophecy (I've just started Dawn about a week ago), I'll try to pay close attention to Sorreltail.

Um...she wanted to wait for Birchkit to become an apprentice? And maybe finish training at the same time as him? [/epicfail]

(I really should get back to reading every night...but it's so hard when I have four new DS games to juggle around in my spare time...)

~Until next time
Dawnwish

They...they wanted us to get to know her as an apprentice before she was made a warrior? [/moar epicfail]

~Until next time
Dawnwish

Oh yes, and an announcement to the forums: A chat with the authors of Warriors is scheduled to take place on June 27th on Wands and Worlds. If anybody has a question they'd like to ask, ask me and I'll ask it for you.

Could you ask them if Hollyleaf ended up in StarClan, The Place of No Stars, or, as I now realize could very much be a possibility, the tunnels when she died?

Birchfall was the only one that survived from that litter.

I hate waiting for paperback! D=
But the first three Po3 books that I have are paperback...
=/
Should I just buy the entire Po3 series in hardcover? I'm so impatient...

~Until next time
Dawnwish

Birchfall was the only one that survived from that litter.

I hate waiting for paperback! D=
But the first three Po3 books that I have are paperback...
=/
Should I just buy the entire Po3 series in hardcover? I'm so impatient...

~Until next time
Dawnwish

... I would suggest Sunrise in hardcover because it's one of two Po3 covers that actually add anything decent to the front by the back (the other being Dark River), and I also love LS in hardcover too, but your call.

Of course, this is coming from the person that ordered the first series in hardcover off Amazon because though she already had the first series in paperback, it didn't match the fact that the rest of her books were hardcover, so.

Of course, this is coming from the person that ordered the first series in hardcover off Amazon because though she already had the first series in paperback, it didn't match the fact that the rest of her books were hardcover, so.

Haha, I'm so about to do the same thing. That is, after I buy chicken fingers tomorrow and save up my allowance.

...Okay, now I know I'm weird. When I'm going to sleep at night, I don't crawl into my bed or anything - I crouch down and leap into my bed. And when I'm getting off my bed or going up stairs, I tend to drop down on all fours and in my head, I picture either Tawnypelt or Dawnwish, randomly.
And here's the kicker. When I saw a picture of a cat holding a dead bird in its mouth, the first thought that came into my head was, 'fresh-kill!' and my mouth watered.
0_o

~Until next time
Dawnwish

^I had the urge to do something Warrior cat related today, but I can't remember what. Sometimes I curl up and lay on the floor, too.

So, I've decided to buy Po3 in hardcover. And maybe the rest of the series too, after Po3. But I'll buy Po3 when I save up the money, and even after I buy roller blades. So it's roller blades, Po3, TNP, and the original series. Unless something important comes up on my "To-Buy List", in which case I'd buy it after Po3 or TNP.

...I have too much to buy and not enough money >.<

~Until next time
Dawnwish

...Okay, now I know I'm weird. When I'm going to sleep at night, I don't crawl into my bed or anything - I crouch down and leap into my bed. And when I'm getting off my bed or going up stairs, I tend to drop down on all fours and in my head, I picture either Tawnypelt or Dawnwish, randomly.
And here's the kicker. When I saw a picture of a cat holding a dead bird in its mouth, the first thought that came into my head was, 'fresh-kill!' and my mouth watered.
0_o

Melodic, I think you're part cat. :3 *suddenly has urge to draw Melodic as a cat*

I just HAVE to join D: This thread is made of epic WIN, and i like Warriors. In fact, the cat i currently have my mind on has plans...*evil laughter*

Can I let out some excitment?

I was staring at the cover of TFA.

It's Dovekit/paw isn't it? ^v^ Yaaaay

Unless that cover was the wrong one.

Melodic, I think you're part cat. :3 *suddenly has urge to draw Melodic as a cat*

Ooh, ooh, I can give a description or, if you want, just draw me and see~
*is curious to see what Leafpool thinks she looks like*
*is purring*

I wrote three notebook pages of Chapter 2 last night. That's about 3 1/2 pages in MS Word, from what I remember of when I compared the text on the pages and such. I've decided to just write the whole fic in my notebook without trying to perfect it so much - just basically write down the first things that come to mind. Then, when it's done, I'll retype it chapter by chapter, revising it as I go along. I, being a perfectionist, wanted it to be epic the first time around. =P

My only problem is, I feel as though that'd take longer and I want to make banners of more characters now! I mean, I have a banner and avatar of one character, a banner of another, and an avatar of another.
...When I finally end up posting this darn fic, I might look for a good artist to draw the main characters. Or I might try to draw them myself =3

~Until next time
Dawnwish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom