• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Warriors Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's adorable, Dawnwish! She doesn't have stripes on her legs, and the only stripes on her tail are near the base of her tail. She also has horizontal stripes on the side of her head. Other than that, though, this is perfect! :3

^Haha, no problem. If I don't color it before 8:00 (at which point I think I have to go somewhere), then I'll probably do so when my mom thinks I'm sleeping =P

I actually can't copy references to save my life. That might be part of the reason why my cat art looks roughly the same as it did a few years ago. I mean, I've fixed head angles and the back legs, but there really wasn't much else.

And I'm the opposite - my art that I had attempted to draw without a reference usually come out looking like a five-year-old's, then I get so discouraged that I refuse to color it. Without references, my talents seem to go through random phases - dragons this week, horses the next, etc.

~Until next time
Dawnwish

Without references, my talents seem to go through random phases - dragons this week, horses the next, etc.

I just... draw cats. Sometimes I'll draw more simplistic Pokémon (Pikachu mostly), but it's very rare for me to draw anything other than cats, so I guess that's what I'm best at. o.O I don't even draw humans. I draw Phoenix Wright characters as cats (currently I have this adorable pic of Pearl as a cat somewhere in my schoolwork <3), and I draw myself as a cat. My friend Wolfheart's really talented at drawing, though, and she can draw warrior cats as humans. I have this awesome picture of Firestar as a human that she drew in one of my computer folders, and I'll post it when I get rid of the real-life references.

Spottedleaf and Jaypaw amuse me~
It's an awesome picture! Would have been nice in color, though. No doubt Firestar's hair would be bright orange/red.

~Until next time
Dawnwish

I don't really know why it wasn't colored, actually. Lack of available pencils maybe?

Anyway, I'm asking her to paint a cover for the Warriors fanfic I'm writing, so I'll get a picture of that when it's finished~

She paints too? Wow. Is this girl, like, a prodigy? This is amazing! Can she only draw people, though?

~Until next time
Dawnwish

She paints too? Wow. Is this girl, like, a prodigy? This is amazing! Can she only draw people, though?

~Until next time
Dawnwish

Do you not see the cats on that picture? xD I'm not sure what she draws most commonly, but... She also draws horses pretty well, and cats humans and horses are like the only things I've seen her draw. o.O

Yeah, she's an art prodigy, all right. |D She's got a natural talent for it...

Dragon wants to be included in this conversation!

oh hey. I'd draw someone, but with my retarded nonexistent scanner you won't be able to make anything out >_<

I like drawing cats. I draw them all over my schoolwork until the margins and all the empty spaces are filled with cats and sometimes cat parts when I'm experimenting with different ways of drawing. I'm not sure how my teachers feel about getting papers with cat sketches on the bottom.

I draw and paint too! xD I spend a ton of my free time doing it. Usually it's cats, though, since that's what I'm best at.

That Firestar picture is... amazing. Spottedleaf is so sad though... kind of depressing too.

That would be fun. I always try to write Warriors fanfiction, but I never go past the third chapter or so. I just can't get a hold of a single idea...

Don't worry, Darksong, my creativity died too. It died a looong time ago >.<
And yeah, I did have to go somewhere. I'll color Rainstorm after I "go to sleep". =P

@Leafpool: Heh, I saw the cats but my mind sorta went blank when typing that post =P
Hm, I'd like to see you write something like that~

I draw (or at least, I used to) frequently, too. Like I mentioned, I'd have random phases when I'm obsessed with one thing or another. Usually, though, I'd draw dragons. I could never draw cats properly, except an occasional lion, but I liked to draw cows. And people. Well, girls. I could never draw boys. They always came out looking like girls =P

~Until next time
Dawnwish

^Aww I bet you can! *huggle*
What's the problem? Is it that you tend to copy the real books too much?
That's part of why I've been procrastinating like hell lately...I'm afraid it'll come out sounding like a copy of the official books. And my problem is, I started planning everything before I read Po3. Now I've read half of it and I'm all, "I'm not even coming close to this...if I copy the whole 'prophecy' and 'magical powers' thing then that's exactly what my fic would be...a copy!"

~Until next time
Dawnwish

^Aww I bet you can! *huggle*
What's the problem? Is it that you tend to copy the real books too much?
That's part of why I've been procrastinating like hell lately...I'm afraid it'll come out sounding like a copy of the official books. And my problem is, I started planning everything before I read Po3. Now I've read half of it and I'm all, "I'm not even coming close to this...if I copy the whole 'prophecy' and 'magical powers' thing then that's exactly what my fic would be...a copy!"

~Until next time
Dawnwish

No, actually; I try to copy the official series' style, but I can't write canon too well because I'm just no good at getting the canon characters in-character. Well, actually, I guess saying that was pointless, because in the fanfic part of the plot involves ending up with some of the canon characters. o.O Um.

I might post the fanfic here. It's a remake of a time-travel fanfic I wrote last January, and when I was expanding the plot I figured "hey, it's got time-travel, why not add space-travel?" So it now involves the main characters going to alternate universes. In other words, it's a crossover, and I'm not sure how many people on the forums like all of the fandoms in it.

Haha, sounds like quite the adventure. I'd like to see it, if you don't mind =^_^=
I have the same problem =P
I also over-exaggerate personalities. Like if a cat is supposed to be vicious, I'd make him/her overly vicious, etc.

Also, Darksong, I don't believe I asked about Rainstorm's belly or chest. I'm coloring her right now, and I colored her chest light silver before realizing that lots of cats have a white patch on their chest, and their bellies are usually lighter. White belly? Silver belly? Striped belly? I think I messed up her eyes and the mouth now looks like deformed, overly big, human lips '-_-
Also her nose is grayish-pink. A dark pink that, with the gray, almost looks slightly purple if you stare at it close-up for too long >.<
This is horrible...

~Until next time
Dawnwish

Last edited:
Haha, sounds like quite the adventure. I'd like to see it, if you don't mind =^_^=

Heh, maybe I will post it, then. :P

also over-exaggerate personalities. Like if a cat is supposed to be vicious, I'd make him/her overly vicious, etc.

Yeah. I just finished writing the main character's mother, whom I never wrote as being extraordinarily vicious, as being sorta like TRoS!Tigerpaw. This is after the main character's gone time-travelling so she doesn't recognize him, and in the MC's time she's not nearly as vicious. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom