• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Welcome to the Marah Region! Pokemon Ivory and Pokemon Ebony!

OH MY GOSH THAT'S AMAZING! And so fast! Boy. You are awesome. The clay looks good. I'll edit the description a little.

Last edited:
Four more:

2lup7id.png
Alloy Cube
j9nif7.png
Honeycomb
142snkm.png
Toxic Waste
fm5mp5.png
Plain Button

Also, the description of Matches says "A book of matches...". I think you meant a box. But that's just me.

Once again, amazing sprites. If I can find a picture of a book of matches, I'll show you. There are boxes and books.

Edit: Here are some Photobooth pictures of me holding a book of matches from several angles. The black stripe on the 4th one is where you strike the match.
jrd5xg.jpg

If you sprite that one, you can do a box and I'll change the description.

I also have several Pokeballs if you're interested in spriting those. I love my sprite for the Earth Ball, but I've tried several others and they look awful.

Last edited:
SNEAK PEEK!

I am writing the story of the games. Here are a few elements of the story that you may like.

- No evil team
- Entire universe at peril
- Harder "Boss" battles
- A more complicated and realistic plot
- More characters involved in the story besides the player.

SNEAK PEEK!

I am writing the story of the games. Here are a few elements of the story that you may like.

- No evil team
- Entire universe at peril
- Harder "Boss" battles
- A more complicated and realistic plot
- More characters involved in the story besides the player.

The region is looking good and is coming together! Nice plot points except the no evil team. That's not pokemon! That's like, tradition! It doesn't even have to be a new team. But try to switch it up a bit with the team. Everything's lookin fine besides that.

Once again, amazing sprites. If I can find a picture of a book of matches, I'll show you. There are boxes and books.

Edit: Here are some Photobooth pictures of me holding a book of matches from several angles. The black stripe on the 4th one is where you strike the match.
jrd5xg.jpg

If you sprite that one, you can do a box and I'll change the description.

I also have several Pokeballs if you're interested in spriting those. I love my sprite for the Earth Ball, but I've tried several others and they look awful.

Oh, so that's called a match book. OK, I got it now.
And yes, I will do Pokeballs. I have almost all the other items done now, I'll put them up soon.

Hooray!

And I kind of already have the plot mapped out without any Evil team and I really like it. I will post it soon and see what you think.

Oh, and there is also a very different plot for each of the games, although they start out similar.....

And I PROMISE that I will post the story tonight or tomorrow! I am nearly done writing it now.

Last edited:
Hey, I just want to say that this looks like it's going to be an AWESOME region. But I noticed you have yet to put anything in the "geography" section. So I'd be more than happy to put together a region map for you (and if you can get more people in on it, actually make the cities, towns, and routes in detail). All I'll need to get started is a list of cities and your general idea of what the region should like like. I'll make it in the R/S/E style first, as a rough draft, but when I go to do the final version, I'll do it in D/P/Pt style.

Hope to hear from you soon!

-ProgMetal_64

I have posted the first half of the story. I should put up the other two parts later tonight or tomorrow.

ProgMetal_64, I will draw up a sketch of the map and tell you the cities in within a few days. Thanks for offering to do a map!

Ooh, Drifloon, the story looks awesome! I wish they'd put that in an actual game.

Is it ok if I try to sprite one of the legendary bugs? I'm currently trying to do Florant, but I may change it to the other ones, so I don't want to specify exactly which one I'm trying to sprite.

This region looks pretty nice. It must have been hard work coming up with all those different things.

Of course! You're welcome to sprite whatever you feel like. If you use the sprites elsewhere, please credit me for the concepts. Would you mind if I used the sprites in this thread if you do them?

I have been spending more time on the story than anticipated, making it longer and more detailed. It makes more sense and is more interesting this way, so it is worth it.

I have posted what I have of Pokemon Ivory's story. Currently, it ends at a cliffhanger. Instead of posting the rest of it tomorrow, I will post the first part of Pokemon Ebony.

Everything's pretty good, but if you're making a new region, you're going to have to put a third game with a third legendary in it. Besides that everything else is great! It must have taken you forever to get all those ideas.

Red and Blue didn't originally have a third one with another legendary in it. I couldn't think of another thing.

Because it seems like my post didn't load, here's the sprite again.

picture.php

The wings are bugging me so much. Now, onto the other bugs!

Okay that actually made me laugh out loud.

Anway, what's bugging you about them? They look great to me! The sprite is awesome!

Okay! The region map is done! Here it is:

marahgreenfinal.png

It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Drifloon, I'll PM you the numbered version, because it's too big of an image to put in this post without it looking weird.

Back
Top Bottom