• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Wellspring Village

Towards the end of Jerik's rather lengthy trip of the village, he stops at a secluded cove on the beach to ponder something unbeknownst to anyone but himself.

Eyeing movement a little distance off the shore, he squints and spots a white-haired woman walking casually along the dock, with earrings and a funny cape flowing behind her.

Picking himself up, Jerik commences his return to home, grinning to himself and muttering, "Hello there, Lugia."

Last edited:
Matt's eyes dragged open slowly and he groaned. His face was numb, and his whole body was sore. "Again... Mental note... Don't fall the freak asleep on the floor..." He groaned as he pushed himself up. This is what he got for staying up too late trying to fix something. But at least the computor worked again. He stumbled a little at the door of his shed, then pulled his goggles off of the bench behind him, pulling them onto his forehead before stepping outside.

The light was a little too bright. He blinked and held his hand over his eyes. Well, I slept a little later than usual. He shook his head, and then walked down to the beach. He wasn't all that hungry after all... And he couldn't find his wallet. Probably, it was somewhere he had looked many times before, and he just missed it.

He sat down with one leg bent and his elbow resting on the knee. He picked up some sand and let it run through his fingers, whipped it at the water, then tossed it behind him. He sighed, staring at the water and digging his hand into the sand. ... Okay, I'm hungry now.

Dakota was walking at a brisk pace along the side of the road. There were already a few humans up. That was probably standard, seeing as most of them had to work somewhere and sometimes that meant getting up early. Dakota was fine with being among them, as long as they didn't hurt her for no reason. There were some humans who were like that, but hopefully not a lot lived here.

She wanted her ears to flick, but humans couldn't move their ears like Pokemon should be able to, and thus she wasn't able to express her emotions with them. She had noticed that she was gradually becoming unfamiliar with her surroundings. Sooner or later she should be near the upper left corner of town.

As Savannah was wandering, she noticed someone else walking on the streets. This person gave her an odd feeling, as if... she was supposed to be near this other person. However, this person was walking fast, and seemed slightly awkward. Oddly, the young woman, who appeared about 18 or 19, had dark blue hair. Conspicuous, but why...? Savannah thought. The weirdest thing was that, even though the other girl was so much older than Savannah, she was a bit shorter, as far as the Entei-girl could tell from this distance.

As she glanced at her own hands, Savannah remembered her thick black bracelets. Maybe she won't notice, she thought, slowly approaching the other person who seemed mysteriously like her.

"Hey! I haven't seen you around before. I'm Savannah."

Dakota was walking rather fast, somehow speeding up. She felt rushed to go somewhere. If she didn't get more exploration in her life soon, she might get bored.

And then someone flagged her down: "Hey! I haven't seen you around here before..."

Dakota slowed and finally stopped, turning her head towards this other person. She flicked her head passively; at least humans could do THAT. She didn't take to strangers much, but this person seemed to want to talk.

She turned towards the new girl and nodded in return. "I'm Dakota. I don't pay attention to who I meet, although I do recognize some of them."

Lucine gave him a sideways glance and a smirk before stopping. "I have a name, Jarik." Steel-gray eyes surveyed him. He hadn't been here long, for certain, but he was alright-looking. For a being from a reverse world, he sure didn't seem like it.

"Ahh, it's so nice to be back... looking forward to picking the card league back up. And seein' Zor again. She'll be happy I'm back."

------------

By now, the Darkrai had abandoned her little black night gown for her normal outfit. She walked out into the kitchen and poured herself a bowl of cereal, looking at the box as she did.

"Helps lower cholesterol, huh?" she muttered, "Such a human problem." she smiled. "So glad I don't have to worry about that..."

Savannah nodded absently, looking at the other person for a moment. Why did she seem so odd...? And for some reason, she felt connected; but surely this person wasn't like her, a Legendary Pokemon in disguise? Her Entei self seemed to kick up for a moment, and her eye twitched almost invisibly, but she then ignored it, shrugging. Still, her look was suspicious.

"Do you... ever go to the beach?" Savannah asked, trying to start a conversation.

Dakota shook hear head back a little bit, and then responded to the other girl shortly. This other girl felt familiar, although when Dakota examined her closely she didn't even look like a person she had seen around before. Well, this was odd.

"I do tend to go there quite a bit... when I'm not looking around for something or exploring places in this town that I haven't been to before. Like now." She moved her eyes up and to the right a bit, appearing to look past Savannah and aiming for the group of houses a short distance ahead of her.

Skye was very much entertained by the beach.

They didn't have things like 'beaches' in the Torn World. There wasn't much of anything, actually, come to think of it. It wasn't very fun. He didn't learn anything - he didn't even get to read strange human books! Yes, he liked being here much better, where it was warm and clean and the air smelled like... smelled like... nice. Yes. That's what it smelled like.

He stopped at the end of the grey slabbed pavement, staring out at the achingly vivid blue of the water lapping gently against the shore, feeling his dark blue hair ruffle in the wind and slide across his eyeline. Where did sand come from? Skye pondered this interesting thought as he sat down, swinging his legs a few inches short of the beachline as he slipped off his shoes. How did they get so tiny? Tiny little grains of insignificant sand, all welling up and overwhelming an entire section of land. The human world was truly fascinating. He nodded decisively at this thought, like somebody was there watching him. (Maybe there was. He wouldn't have noticed.)

Leaving his shoes and socks at the shoreline - socks! Such interesting items of clothing! They seemed so useless, but... - Skye padded gently across the rough textured ground, the sand slipping in-between his toes and making a pleasant smoothing feeling around his feet as he sank into wetter, denser sections of sand. He watched behind him in delight as his feet left imprints where he had previously stepped. Fantastic! Terrible for those crime novel things, he supposed, but amazing. He could remember where he went like this!

He dropped himself rather unceremoniously onto the ground, rolling up his jeans to his knees (where they mysteriously got stuck) and squishing his toes into the sand, the water lapping coolly across his skin. He giggled - he hadn't quite perfected the manly chortle yet - delightedly at the cold. You could drink this liquid, he knew. Lots of people at the library had it in little plastic bottles and they chug chug chugged it all day long.

This wasn't in a plastic bottle, though. Maybe he could still drink it...? Well, it was probably worth it to try. Reaching down, Skye cupped an amount of seawater into his palms and gazed at it curiously for a moment, before raising it to his lips and looking vaguely like an inebriated human attempting to invoke divine inspiration from common items. Like salt water.

(ooc: lmao tl;dr)

((I do deeply apologise for forgetting about this. Forgive me.))

Hoez woke up unusally early. "...*YAWN!!* Eight? Seriously? ohmyarceuswhattheheckiswrongwithmebeingupsoearly??" Hoez decided to go outside for a jog. Or a trip to StaryuBucks for a nice latté.

He walked on down. Muttering usual human greetings to people along the way. He hated being human. He would rather be soaring the skies, spreading the rainbow, guiding his 'children' almost, because they were born from him. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. He missed them the most. watching them run freely and carelessly, after watching them be cruelly killed in the Brass Tower thousands of years ago.

Last edited:
Jerik strolled along the grey cobblestone that led to his tiny little home. To any outsider, he looked calm, simple and happy. But inside, a million thoughts were racing through his mind.

"Why is a Lugia here?"
"What is it doing here?"
"Is it alone?"
"Is this Lugia the only legendary that is here?"
"Will this affect my plans in any way?"
And most of all..
"Is Arceus here?"

Arriving at his house, he stepped in, locked the door behind him, and lay on the bed. His plan, and his search, needed to change course.

Savannah's brown hair billowed in the wind for a moment before she asked a question. "What are you looking for?" Oddly, she wasn't actually sure if Dakota was looking for anything, but she seemed oddly wistful, gazing off into the near distance like that. It was confusing to Savannah, because the additional feeling that she had right now made her think that sometimes she belonged in certain places and not in others...

Dakota shook her head rapidly. Was she spacing out again? With a slightly amused look, she smiled. "Nothing in particular. I haven't been in this sector of town before, so I might as well look around." She tipped her head amiable with a small giggle. Sure, she did seem kind of naive, but a better word might be adventurous. The wind blew from behind her; of course she wasn't willing it to. It must have been a coincidence.

Hoez stooped at StaryuBucks for coffee and saw some other people there. He didn't greet them in any way. A woman was in the doorway with a child. The child looked lost. The woman looked... familiar? No. He couldn't have seen her before. She didn't look like a trainer, so she hasn't chased him when he wasn't in human form. He decided to get a better look. "Is the child okay?" he asked, "She looks lost." He took a sip of his latté. The woman reminded Hoez of someone. Who? He couldn't remember.

After having successfully tripping on the curb of a sidewalk and faceplanting into some concrete, Matt was able to make it back to his home, where he was able to stop all the bleeding and relax for a moment. After lounging in a cheap, uncomfertable chair for a few moments, he pulled off his sand fillled shoes, and put on a different pair, and took a walk.

When he managed to trip on another curb, he was able to keep his footing this time, and then he ran into a building while he was looking to see if anybody had seen him trip. He couldn't tell anymore. He dizzily walked down to the coffee shop, rubbing his forehead and grumbling something about 'bad placement.'

Some person walked into the coffe shop bloody and dirty. "Are you all right?" Hoez asked, mildly concerned.

"I'm just wandering," Savannah said mysteriously, trailing off... she wanted to stay away from people and water. Except, maybe this person could be nice, and she hadn't been to the water before. Savannah seemed to have a sudden change of mind, as could be seen in her now wide eyes. "No, I was going to the beach," she corrected quickly, imagining what the sand would be like between her toes. Oddly, she started off without much of another word, and began to walk south to where the scent of sand reached her nose.

"Hm? Yeah. Bad curbs. Or something like that." Matt helped himself to a chair, sighing. "I would blame the government, but there's not much reason to." He laughed, using his finger to see if the fact he had just had a bloody nose was really noticable. Not as far as he could tell. But he was a bit dirty, with crap from an engine and sand still clinging to his shirt.

He shrugged, and pulled off his gloves, his goggles, and tossed them onto the table in front of him. He pulled a couple of crumpled bills from his pocket, counting four in total, and fifty cents in his other pocket. Good enough. "So, what's your name?"

"Hoez. And you are?" Hoez said, still slightly laughing about blaming the government, "The don't all of our problems. Just most."

Dakota froze temporarily, holding a hand up with her index finger extended as if she was going to say something. She stared at the spot in which Savannah had just been standing, then turned and jogged after her like some naive person who wanted information. This time she was contradicting herself. "Wait!" she called as she caught up to the acquaintance. "Can I come with you? It'd be nice not to go alone every time..."

Back
Top Bottom