• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon.

"Braddon's bigamous heroine deserts her child, pushes husband number one down a well, thinks about poisoning husband number two and sets fire to a hotel in which her other male acquaintances are residing."

/shrug It's for class, honest.

Hm, Guardian of the Gate (finally!) and Maximum Ride: School's Out-- Forever. I have The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Firelight, and Tiger's Curse on hold at the library.

Still reading The Color of Magic but I started to read Good Omens for fun (My local bookshop's going out of business so I wanted to get some books).

Most likely will start The Hunger Games sometime this week. My mom read it already and SHE likes it.

I'm ~600 pages into A Game of Thrones, having let it sit on my shelf for at least a year. Sansa's chapters are relatively boring. The Hound snapping at her was neat, though

The Stand by Stephen King, after polishing off the disappointing The Spook's Destiny by Joseph Delaney and the opposite-of-disappointing The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

The Golden Ratio by Mario Livio. Pretty interesting, learning a lot of things.

I just finished reading Atypical, Get Me Out of Here and All Your Base Are Belong To Us. I like non-fiction.

Finished Tiger's Curse, Behemoth (Scott Westerfeld), Bloodhound (Tamora pierce) and Firelight(Sophie Jordan). Now reading Shiver (almost done!) Going to read Gone and Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (James Patterson). Sorry guys, I'm bad at remembering author's names.

Last edited:
Trashy crime novels :D I can't even remember who they're by, but people die and the main characters try and find out who did it and sometimes it was the butler!

I'm ~600 pages into A Game of Thrones, having let it sit on my shelf for at least a year. Sansa's chapters are relatively boring. The Hound snapping at her was neat, though

Everyone finds Sansa boring at first, and most people are all "how on earth did she get so interesting" after a while. :D

Ghost In The Shell (Novel) by Junichi Fujisaku
Another I'm reading from time to time is a Devil May Cry novel by Shun Ya Goikeda.

I'm reading three books at once: John Brunner's Stand on Zanzibar (a sci-fi novel from 1968 that feels like it was written in 2011), Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights (I figured I should read at least one 'classic' over summer, and WH is turning out to be far more readable than I expected) and Alison Weir's biography of Eleanor of Aquitaine (which is mainly wild conjecture educated guesses - the medieval sources on Eleanor are somewhat lacklasture).

Over my Canadian holiday I finished: Owen Jones' Chavs (prophetically relevant to this month's riots, and should be mandatory reading for anyone commenting on the issue), Nial Ferguson's Empire (the history is impeccable but the politics are suspiciously right-wing) and Virtual History (a compilation of essays which he edited) and David Mitchell's number9dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom