• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've just finished a 2 books, one called the queen and i, and another called queen cammilla. both very good. and i am now reading the 3rd harry potter book.

Reading Anna's Boys by Bill Pezza in school. It's fantastic and sad and awesome and you should read it. (if you can find it, maybe it's only available here? I dunno, it's not exactly well-known and the only reason we're reading it is cause my english teacher's like BFFs with the writer.)

I'm reading two books at the moment. one is The Great Cat Massacre, which is a study of the social history of the Ancien Régieme by an American scholar of French history called Robert Darnton. the title might be a bit quirky, but it's a very good work of historical analysis and perfectly readable.

and the fiction I'm reading is David Mitchell's (no, not the guy from Peep Show) Cloud Atlas. the intertwining but seperate narratives thing is interesting.

I got a Nook for Christmas so I'm reading a TON right now. I read The Lost Hero, Rick Riordan already, and downloaded his other new one, The Red Pyramid, but before I start on that, I'm going to finish reading Frank Beddor's new ArchEnemy. And also the classic Dracula.

As of yesterday (i.e. That one day where you get stuff), I've been reading Harry Potter à l'École des Sorciers. After a couple of weeks or however long it takes, I'll skip straight to Le Prisonnier d'Azkaban, due to the fact that I read La Chambre des Secrets a couple of weeks ago since I was borrowing it from a friend. After that, I'll just read the series as normal.

Just read a self-published novel that my cousin wrote. I got him to sign it for me, which made him somewhat happy. Now I'd like to read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair and maybe some of Tolkien's works.

i finished heart of darkness and am about to start dubliners by james joyce. my friend also gave me a few philip k. dick novels as a late christmas present, and i am very interested in splurging on that stuff as soon as possible.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher is so freaky it's untrue but tbh it's one of the best books I've ever read. And then I shall start on The Life and Death of Charlie St Cloud, which my uncle lent me yesterday ^_^

I'm still attempting to read all of the books that I actually own and haven't read yet. I'm reading The Telling Pool by David Clement-Davies. While it's nicely written and fairly interesting, it doesn't pack nearly the same emotional punch as The Sight or Fire Bringer. I'm pretty disappointed in it in that aspect, but if I ignore my expectations, it's fine. I'll have to finish it before I can know for sure what I think of it.

Then I'm reading the first Artemis Fowl book by Eoin Colfer because I have the first two and I've been told they're a nice, light read. I've read just the beginning so far - it's a little intriguing but I think I would have enjoyed it more when I was younger - I have a feeling it's going to be more surface-level than what really appeals to me now. But I have a problem with judging a book before I've read it, so I'm reading it.

Although I haven't started it yet, I'm next going to read Raven Rise by DJ MacHale. I'm excited to begin this one - I had a hard time rereading the Pendragon books, so at first I thought that I'd grown out of them. But once I began reading what I hadn't already, I devoured them again. Perhaps they just aren't books that I enjoy rereading - I enjoy reading them for the first time, but after that the surprises aren't as surprising.

I'm eager to make more progress on the unread books on my bookshelf - I really can't believe how many books I've accumulated without reading them.

Just finished Of Mice and Men, a good way through Ender's Game and enjoying it very much, and started The Trial by Kafka and 1984 by Orwell. Also, How Fiction Works by James Wood.

@Sandstone-Shadow: Yeah, the Artemis Fowl series is a fun read, but you probably feel a bit too mature for it. The first was the best IMO, but honestly, it seems the series is deteriorating. It gets worse and worse each and every novel. The last one I read, the fourth I believe, was pretty uninteresting.

I just finished the entire Hunger Games series/trilogy. They were great, I totally recommend, and I want to talk about them to somebody

The Count of Monte Cristo. I wanted it to read over winter break and then forgot it at school. :/

Just finished Catching Fire; starting on Mockingjay. THESE BOOKS THESE BOOKS I LOVE THEM.

and I swear to god if Katniss doesn't get with Peeta I'm gunna cry ;w; I love Peeta SO MUCH

read (and finished) The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, which happens to be the sequel to the Percy Jackson series. Also reading The Red Pyramid, which features a very snarky twelve-year-old british chick.

Bret Easton Ellis - American Psycho.

Before this I finished Animal Farm. War of the Worlds was put off because I wasn't getting into it at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom