• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers?

*/me wonders what the honest, general opinion of him is right now.*

Be as brutal as necessary.

the only place I've ever seen you thus far was the Brendan Namron thing. I haven't had the time to read that through all the way, but I must say I'm very impressed by the fact that you managed to fully construct a whole PW-style script and take the time to include all the colored font in your post. That alone is worth some merit!

Why is everyone so afraid of the #tcod regulars? It's not like we're some sort of shadow government that secretly controls everything that goes on around here and will be very rude to newcomers until they leave so we can continue plotting.

EDIT: wait, no, I'm horribly wrong here:
[22:01] <Zuu> yeah, #tcod consists of the evil masterminds and villains behind all the bad vibes on TCoD
[22:01] <Zuu> we tend to be dicks, except when we're not, but that's just for show.
[22:01] <NWT> Zuu: they're going to figure out the truth, that I've been orchestrating everything all along
[22:01] <Zuu> not if I silence them before they can uncover it.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so afraid of the #tcod regulars? It's not like we're some sort of shadow government that secretly controls everything that goes on around here and will be very rude to newcomers until they leave so we can continue plotting.

probably because (from what I remember) they have a tendency to snark and be generally condescending to anyone who doesn't meet their standards :( but it's hard to tell what their standards /are/.

the only place I've ever seen you thus far was the Brendan Namron thing.

While that is where I spend the most time, I do visit other threads. :)

I haven't had the time to read that through all the way, but I must say I'm very impressed by the fact that you managed to fully construct a whole PW-style script and take the time to include all the colored font in your post. That alone is worth some merit!

^^

You bet it takes a while. I write the thing in OpenOffice.org Writer, where I also color the text; to get it into the forum, I copy/paste the text and redo the formatting, hunt for YouTube links of the music referenced, and so on.

Why is everyone so afraid of the #tcod regulars?

I was not aware that there was an IRC channel for this site. Could someone tell me what network it's on?

probably because (from what I remember) they have a tendency to snark and be generally condescending to anyone who doesn't meet their standards :( but it's hard to tell what their standards /are/.
I think you mean "probably because (from what I remember) they have a tendency to snark and be generally condescending to anyone who doesn't meet their standards but it's hard to tell what their standards are, sir".

I think you mean "probably because (from what I remember) they have a tendency to snark and be generally condescending to anyone who doesn't meet their standards but it's hard to tell what their standards are, sir".

; ; I'M SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME I DID NOT MEAN TO INVOKE YOUR WRATH CAN I DO SOMETHING TO MAKE UP FOR IT ; ;

A. I realize that I am the single most idiotic person here. xD Call me an idiot all you want.

B. Brock - While I don't know you extremely well, I think you're pretty cool. Plus, you've got great taste in music, apart from Green Day.

C. Negrek - I have a lot of respect for you, as most do. Not much else I can say. You seem too serious sometimes, I guess.

D. Self: You idiot derserve to be shot repeatedly in the back before being thrown headfirst into a fire to die. End of story.

A.: And I will.

B.: I knew there would be something at the end to ruin it.

C.: Agreed on Seriousness.

D.: I can arrange that.

Vixie (who IS Mudkip... right?) is a person who seems really, really, really awesome but who I feel kind of nervous to approach. Probably because he's too awesome or something (please tell me if I'm getting pronouns wrong, we don't talk much and your listed gender is confusing me ;~;). I feel kind of guilty, because I remember us actually talking back in the day and it was great! <3

Female pronouns are "correct" or something like that. And I miss talking to you, too! (... I don't bite. Unless asked to.)

(Also, don't think I don't forget about the crushes thread...!)

Vixie is lovely to talk to when in a good mood. You're an amazingly lovable person when I'm not getting any form of stress or anger vibes from you however. I really enjoy talking to you about anything and everything. Sometimes you seem a little stressed at uh, everything... so, I'm never sure whether I should be approaching you to attempt to comfort you or to back off to give you some time to cool down. It's probably just me getting the wrong impressions and implications.

WE NEED TO HAVE A TALK, MISTER.

I can't really think of anyone that I have any strong opinions (good or bad) toward.

Of course, I'm also not really very active here, so I haven't seen enough of anyone to form much of an opinion. I tend to go months without posting, sometimes without even reading posts, and then suddenly come back for a few weeks or maybe months... then disappear again. And on top of that, I have a hard time making any kind of a connection with people over the Internet (people I've known for months or even years over the Internet usually seem like "some random person on the Internet who is talking to me for some reason," rather than "someone I know.")

====

Oh, just remembered something. Back on the old forums (and maybe for a while after the current one started up?), I used to think surskitty was a little bit "scary" for some reason. Or maybe "intimidating" is a better word for it? Kinda hard to describe, but something along those lines.

I'm not really sure where that came from, but whatever it was seems to have gone away since then. Probably just a really weird first impression.

Finding out that she draws tons of radishes probably helped. Radishes are not scary at all. XD

Back
Top Bottom