• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers?

Ooh, hot-button subject.

Sorry, I guess? It is how someone from Britain would say it, correct?

Oh, and, nooooo my respect points I need those for illicit purposes.

I'm actually raking my nails down my face in pain.

IT IS
HOW SOMEONE
STEREOTYPICALLY FROM
ENGLAND
WOULD SAY IT

OH
MY
GOD

It's fun being brought up in both places. You do say things like "bloody", but also things like "muckle" and if you're feeling particularly daring, "whigmaleerie". :3

...also you get to drink Irn Bru without feeling unworthy.

I think 'gantin' is the best word we've ever come up with.

Except maybe 'clunge'. Or 'chebs'.

OH THAT REMINDS ME do Englanders use the term 'empty' to describe a person's house while their parents are otherwise absent?

EDIT: ALSO
your words are weird
they sound
very Highlands-ish

Britain is an island consisting of Scotland, Wales, and England. It's not just Generic England Land.

It's why the UK is called 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'.

Well. your words are weird too. :( And I'm from the Borders so screw you!

...seriously, I thought "muckle" was a really common term. o-o And I've never heard the term 'empty' in that way in my entire life.

Is a place AND was a place. It's the Island that includes England, Scotland, and Wales.

EDIT: nuts postninjad

Well. your words are weird too. :( And I'm from the Borders so screw you!

...seriously, I thought "muckle" was a really common term. o-o And I've never heard the term 'empty' in that way in my entire life.

LOL BORDERS
NOT REAL SCOTLAND *wavewave* GET OUT

muckle... I've heard OF it but I've never heard anyone use it! And that's iiiinteresting. It's sort of like when you tell someone who isn't Scottish that you're going to get the messages and when you come back they're like 'wtf i thought you meant the post or carrier pigeons or some shit'

Jessie said:
Britain is an island consisting of Scotland, Wales, and England. It's not just Generic England Land.

Yes.

But the term 'bloody' and the term 'full stop' are in use in all/most all of the pieces that make up Britain, yes?

LOL BORDERS
NOT REAL SCOTLAND *wavewave* GET OUT

muckle... I've heard OF it but I've never heard anyone use it! And that's iiiinteresting. It's sort of like when you tell someone who isn't Scottish that you're going to get the messages and when you come back they're like 'wtf i thought you meant the post or carrier pigeons or some shit'

...>(!!! oh you did not.

omg my mother uses muckle all the time, non-ironically. It's actually quite amusing. :'D And she gets the messages! OH OH please tell me you still use the term 'jotters' in schools up there, this random Scottish teacher said it in class and everyone was like "...whut" EXCEPT ME~

I felt awesome. :3

Yes.

But the term 'bloody' and the term 'full stop' are in use in all/most all of the pieces that make up Britain, yes?

'full stop' yes, 'bloody' not as much as you'd think. I rarely use bloody at all.

@Cirrus OH YEAH I DID

And yes, we say jotters! I've always wondered why people think this is weird. What the hell do YOU call them?? D:

tbh nobody really uses bloody in England either unless you're a posh twat. Or me. Same with bugger. Stupid invasive new American slang >(

And yes, we say jotters! I've always wondered why people think this is weird. What the hell do YOU call them?? D:

I... think we just call them 'books'. As in, "Oh crap I forgot my English book!". Wow, we have the least exciting terms ever, I miss Scotland. :C

tbh nobody really uses bloody in England either unless you're a posh twat. Or me. Same with bugger. Stupid invasive new American slang >(

I use bloody and bugger =< Loads! So do my mates actually. I don't hang out with peeps who would use American slang though...people who say they're going to have a butchers at something are just so much kewler ^_^

I just realised that Scottish slang has endless amounts of words for 'vagina'.

GASH and CLUNGE are the best of course, but geez...

Back
Top Bottom