• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers?

HEY GUIZE WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ME?

Hmph.

>SomeGuy

Ooh, you annoyed me a lot at first. Especially when you treated me like a baby over #tcod. I still have a little of a grudge against you, but my opinion of you isn't nearly as low as it was to start out with.

Unrelated: I am not scary. >| uh I mean :D?
Whatcha talkin' about? You're the most terrifying thing about these forums! D:!

I jest, I jest. You're pretty awesome. (It's your fault I even got in to a position of power on these forums anyway and I have a lot to thank you for). Plus despite seeming to have some social aversions you're still really nice to talk to, when a conversation gets going. Haha.

(You do make yourself out to be like some easter bunny of speech though -- dropping the occasional post and then scarpering before anyone knew you were there.)

they're trolls; they want you to be offended. getting upset about what they do is exactly the reaction they're looking for. If you take a step back and consider that they're just some dumb kids on the internet looking for a laugh, then it's much easier to see how silly it is. getting offended by something they do isn't going to make them stop doing it; if they've know they've gotten to you they're just going to keep doing it.

I know, I know, it only encourages them, but I can' help it sometimes. It's just, the frequency with which I encounter such things (both IRL and on the internet)... it's aggravating.

In any case, how does the random profanity offend you? not only are they just words, they're not even directed at anyone in particular. I don't ever, ever get offended by them because I know they're not attacking me or, if they are, they're not doing it for any reason in particular. they only want a reaction out of you; if you ignore them then they're powerless against you, aren't they?

It offends me mostly because people have the audacity to think what they're doing is funny. It's not necessarily the words themselves (which can sometimes be quite offensive), but rather the purpose behind them. I don't take it on a personal level, but I do get upset that people even think of doing it. This being said, I really have no problem with trolls, given that they're not explicitly rude, annoying, or obscene.

How does it downgrade the quality of the forums? just about every forum on the internet deals with trolls, and the fact that we usually ban them within them posting just a few times shows that we're pretty good at dealing with them, really.

By that I meant it might make the forums look... less attractive to possible new users. I know, they can just look at the person and say "Oh, well, this person was banned for the things that they posted, I'll just not be like that" But there are some people that would see a post like that and never some here again. And maybe that's not the kind of person we necessarily want, but.

... really? it's just a string of incoherent words, when you think about it. I'm not for random swearing, but I hardly think some kid on the internet typing a few swear words and pressing 'reply' is neither a testament to the forum's quality nor something that anyone would brag about. they don't do it to gang up on you and make you feel particularly bad and I doubt if they do they're going to brag to their friends about how many posts they were able to make before they got banned. it's just an immature joke, and if people laugh at it, I really don't get how this is 'twisted and frightening'.

I couldn't find it to be more inappropriate. I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but that's just how I am. I wasn't trying to imply that those posts are a testament to the forum's quality, but think about it: if you wanted to join this club, but you get to their meeting place and its covered with graffiti and other such things. Wouldn't you at least be a little deterred?

And yeah, some of the things I said don't really make sense, like the bragging bit, but I mostly said that because I get at a loss of words sometimes when I'm writing something like that, and I tend to say strange things.

I can see where Zackrai is going with this. A large amount trolling does make a site look bad, but our mods here do a pretty good job keeping them at bay. They practice on Turbo in their spare time. XD. But the best thing is to ignore them, sadly I am guilty of feeding trolls sometimes, it's hard not to, but it's is best to leave them alone and report them and let the mods get to them.

Peoplez I forgot.

Lord of the Fireflies- I don't know you well, but you accepted my first challenge! That means something, right?

Squornshellous Beta- She taught me about the Safari Zone, and is some sort of opposite to me. That's my opinion, anyway.

Good trolling is funny because of the trollee's reaction.
Bad trolling is funny because of the idiocy of the troll.

That's how it's supposed to work. If you will,

Wikipedia lol said:
someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response

Except getting a genuinely funny response is extremely rare :|

Although I have always wanted to know what that is in your avatar.

Me too! I always see it as a nose, although looking at it properly now, it doesn't really look much like one. Also, you seem really nice and get many bonus points for being from the Westcountry, but you do sort of have Conservative cooties.

... Could someone tell me what they think about me?

About other people:

Silver Panic is very awesome and funny and I consider us good friends.

Indigo is also awesome. I'm terrible at descriptions, I know. :/

Cloudsong is great and I hope he'll be able to come back soon, especially permanently!

Kay Faraday is nice, cheerful and an awesome artist. We probably should talk more but I wouldn't be sure what to talk about, sadly.

Lili is cool and also introduced me to... this show, which I'm still not sure what to think of. I keep watching it, though! Anyway, she's awesome.

Mawile is pretty cool and seems really nice, but I kind of feel stupid when I talk to them occasionally. I'd like to get to know them, though! It's just... I don't know, it just kind of feels like they hate me or something sometimes.

I've started talking with Glace a little while ago and they've been really nice and fun. I like them! Also they make these huge posts in Sanctic which are really impressive. Filler is not bad at all! I can barely make a reasonable paragraph. :/

Anyway, even if I didn't say anything, I probably like you. You guys are all awesome, and TCoD is actually the highlight of my day pretty often.

... Everyone can go tell me how much they hate me now.

Last edited:
I HAVE DECIDED TO DO MY DESCRIPTIONS NAO (even though they'll be so terrible and these are off the top of my head):

RespectTheBlade: I could go on and on and on and ooooon about you, but if I did that, I would take up everyone's time ;3

Aquatic: You are pretty awesome. You are smart and pretty funny at times. Especially when you had the bacon wine x3

Arylett: Oh yes, you are awesome. FFX power go! I also love you Messenger creation and you seem very kind and fun to be around. Be happier!

Mai: What, no, I don't hate you :c You are nice and awesome and and my Homestuck buddy :)

Glace: Aah, evil Chiyo! You are one of my good buddies and are generally crazy (like me) and have a good laugh with me.

Cloudsong: Ohmagosh Cloudy I misses you :c I remember you introduced me to the faces 'xD' and 'x3' and all those other ones when I came back here! You. Are. Awesome.

Sonic Rainboom/MysticMoon: You are really nice and fun and you got me always saying 'Hai' and 'Bai' now! That's something to accomplish!

Meowth: I have been talking to you for a while and find you fun and the most silly 19 year old ever, but that's a good thing! :3

Wargle: I wouldn't forget youuuuu. We've been in some RP's together and I remember talking about Splices' Revolution, oh dear that was odd. x3

Lili: Haven't talked to you a lot but you seem really fun to talk to :)

Markku: You. Are. Amazing. And that is all to say on the subject, you share lots of the same interests with me and always wind up worrying me to death xD

Mawile: You figure out tons of things without people telling you...like a ninja. xD But you are one of my Homestuck buddies too and generally are fun to talk with :D

Indigo/Muutini: We've become so close! :o For some reason I *used* to think you were a little annoying but I'm so wrong now :3 You are very fun to talk to :D

...I know I'm missing someone. I know it...tell me if you want my opinion on you, kay? And I know these discriptions are so terrible T-T

Indigo/Muutini: We've become so close! :o For some reason I *used* to think you were a little annoying but I'm so wrong now :3 You are very fun to talk to :D

HOW DARE YOU CALL ME "MUUTINI" I AM INDIGO OR MEWTINI OKAY

:3 what you thought I was annoying D:

Back
Top Bottom