• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers

however

"it" is not a gender-neutral pronoun. "it" is a gender-neutral pronoun that happens to be only used for things that are considered to either not have a gender or not worth caring about
then suggest an alternative

There should be third-person pronouns for sapient things, other third-person pronouns for other sentient things, and another set for everything else. We also need a separate plural second-person set.
this

But then you inevitably get some whiny git who proclaims "HOW DARE YOU USE THE WORD 'HE' YOU MISOGYNISTIC PIG etc."

of course, the simplest solution is to spend half a minute of your life assigning yourself a gender in your profile. it doesn't even have to be the right one, so as long as you don't mind being referred to by the accompanying pronoun.

On a related note, if you complain when people refer to you by your current username, then you deserve to be falconpunched.

edit: wow i just realised the irony in my last sentance :3

I see the masculine he and the neutral he as homographs. They are different words.

It's not that they don't 'know': it's that they don't agree.

Back
Top Bottom