• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

if I could beat Emerald (and by extension Wallace) with a team of Ground types surely it's not hard to beat a Dragon trainer with some Pokémon that aren't Ice types.

It might be hard, it's just annoying and I wouldn't mind not having to deal with a Dragon-type gym leader/E4 member.

Besides that, most Dragon trainers use dual type Dragons, which give a variety of other weaknesses. Dragonite is weak to Stone Edge, for example. Garchomp takes normal damage from Water types as opposed to resisting them like other dragons. And for the Dragons that don't have an extra type, a good, strong attack(maybe Double Edge or Earthquake, for example) should do plenty of damage.

I do agree that the Dragon type is rather overused for the E4, with every E4 up to this point having at least one Dragon type in it(even Cynthia had a Garchomp on her team).

Something that would appeal to me would be to have a dragon type pokemon somewhere close to where you start, rather than about halfway through the game... or maybe the same situation with a psychic pokemon, like they did in the r/s/e versions...

Evo of Delcatty. Make it a monstorous cat, Game Freak! That CAT is too badly abused! D:

Starter pentagon: The traditionals plus Bug and Rock.

More split evolutions of already existing lines, like what they did with Oddish and Poliwag, and utilization of the ??? type. Seeing as its only use right now is Curse, it could be considered as a new type.

I want to see a fighting/flying Pokemon based on the cassowary.

cassowary-attack-2.jpg

I want to see:

the addition of an extra slot in your team.
An "egg pouch", or something you can store and hatch eggs in that does not take a slot in your party
a pokeball that makes it easier to catch legendary pokemon
a dragon and a rock type Eeveeloution
the return of a map on the bottom screen (with marking capabilities)
a dark/psychic type
an ice/dragon type
a pure electric type with levitate (yay for no weakness)

I think a dark/Psychic pokemon would explode just for existing.

I also totally think that Magnezone should have the levitate ability, because, well,it does float. It is like ten feet off the ground, and you just one-hit it with earthquake? I don't think so, pal.

if so, wy doesn't a lanturn electrocute itsef for existing? why doesn't articuno freeze itself to death? why doesn't bulbasaur poison itself? (or do you mean explode for being so awesome? in that case, I agree with you)

more speculation:

A faster way to hatch eggs without walking (or carrying them with you)
a rock/ice pokemon
another dragon/ground and dragon/flying type
on a different note, a dragon type pokemon that is resistant to ice and dragon attacks. (and is not a legendary)
another dragon/psychic pokemon
(not sure how to phrase this) a "leader" for the other two trios (for ex: The regis have Regigigas, and the three birds have Lugia)
the return of the pokewalker and pokemon walking beside you

Why? Dark-type equals sneaky or dishonorable battle tactics and Psychic-type equals mental powers. There's nothing about the combination that would make it inherently impossible, or even really difficult to pull off (unlike, say, Fire/Ice or Bug/Dragon or some of the weirder Normal/SomethingElse combinations.)

It's only when you get into all the fan-explanations for Dark's nonsensical immunity to Psychic-type attacks that you run into problems. The real reason why Dark is immune to Psychic is because something had to be immune to Psychic, and Nintendo/Game Freak for some reason didn't realize that Bug would have been the ideal type to give that immunity to.

EDIT:
a "leader" for the other two trios (for ex: The regis have Regigigas, and the three birds have Lugia)

If you're counting Lugia for the birds, Raikou/Entei/Suicune also have one already with Ho-Oh. Though there's really no connection between Ho-Oh and the entire species of Raikou/Entei/Suicune, just the specific individuals that died when the other tower burned down.

Of course, the birds/Lugia connection isn't there at all in the games. And even in the anime universe, the connection seems to only exist with the specific Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres in the second movie, while every other member of those three species has nothing to do with Lugia or the islands from the movie. So I guess the birds and cats/dogs/beasts/whatever both have "sorta" leaders, since there's definitely more than one of each but there's only one specific "trio" of them that's actually connected to a higher-up legendary.

Last edited:
(not sure how to phrase this) a "leader" for the other two trios (for ex: The regis have Regigigas, and the three birds have Lugia)

Ho-Oh is pretty much established as the leader of the beast trio, and in a way Arceus is the leader of the Lake trio.

I think Dark types are better contrasted by Fighting types, not Pyschics. Dark types represent sneaky tactics sech as faking being hurt or something, while Fighting types represent honour and fair tactics. The super effective link there is the classic 'Batman-Style' Good vs. Evil game.

I agree with a Key Item that stores eggs.
Maybe a Kangaroo Pokemon.
A Kangaroo with an ability that increase speed of hatching eggs to one quarter, ((Pouch and all))
A bug type legendary. ((I would have said based off of a Queen Bee but Vespiquen...))
An evolution/Pre-evo for Lapras.

A Kangaroo with an ability that increase speed of hatching eggs to one quarter, ((Pouch and all))

That reminds me... if they made a "mother hen" type Pokémon it could have a similar ability, what with the whole chickens-sitting-on-eggs-to-keep-them-warm thing.

A bug type legendary. ((I would have said based off of a Queen Bee but Vespiquen...))

A centipede! Some of them already get pretty big (I know there's 7-inch ones out in the desert, and in some tropical areas they can get much bigger than that), so they can easily make one of those ridiculously huge 20+ foot legendaries out of one.

I don't think we've had Poison or Fighting legendaries yet, either... unless I'm somehow forgetting one. I think I'd rather have a legendary bug, though.

DEAR LAHD I JUST THOUGH OF THIS AND IT'S AWESOME.

The ability to run your SD Card's music while you're playing Black/White. I've wanted to do this for a long time--It'd be nice to be listening to some guys rippin' around while EV training. :O (Because music makes ardous things seem less horrible)

A centipede! Some of them already get pretty big (I know there's 7-inch ones out in the desert, and in some tropical areas they can get much bigger than that), so they can easily make one of those ridiculously huge 20+ foot legendaries out of one.

giratina

would like to have a word with yooouuu...

Giratina's more of a classical basilisk really, but I guess the centipede similarity is there.

Incidentally, on the topic of legendaries, it'd be nice if they toned down the "This Pokémon has the power to do this big amazing THING that can destroy/save the world!" and returned to having legendaries just being very rare and somewhat powerful creatures, like they were pre-generation 3.

Back
Top Bottom