• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

More character choices than just : standard boy + standard girl

Everyone wants a make-your-own gym. Like having a old abandoned gym and customising it, eventually forming a gym.

Bring back secret dens and improve them, a lot.

Bring back a new version of the seven islands, they were fun in LG/FR

Kill the eeveelutions. Now.

Have a feature about going to find fossils in the desert or other places and defossillising it by taking it back to someone. Fossil finding. You can get money for selling them or keep them for new pokemon.

Bring back a new version of the seven islands, they were fun in LG/FR

not really. I found them an annoying sidequest with not much of a point.

Kill the eeveelutions. Now.

Please die/stop posting.

Have a feature about going to find fossils in the desert or other places and defossillising it by taking it back to someone. Fossil finding. You can get money for selling them or keep them for new pokemon.

The underground says hi.

More character choices than just : standard boy + standard girl

Yeah, I want to be a hermaphrodite :< Pokemon is sooo unfair. And there has to be boyboys and boyboygirls and boyboyboygirls. And girlgirlboys.

No really, what else can you do?

The ability to walk diagonally.

Yesss!

You start to notice these things after playing Final Fantasy too long. You press the left and down buttons and then you begin to wonder why your game isn't working. And then it hits you.

Plus in the fifth generation they should use the combat system like that in FFXII. Though that would never happen, it would be completely awesome. :D

Yesss!

You start to notice these things after playing Final Fantasy too long. You press the left and down buttons and then you begin to wonder why your game isn't working. And then it hits you.

Yep.

And why get rid of the Eeveelutions? Anyway I don't think they'd get RID OFF any Pokemon.

Ehh...but probably no more new ones, they're becoming a cheap way to make new Pokemon.

Yesss!

Plus in the fifth generation they should use the combat system like that in FFXII. Though that would never happen, it would be completely awesome. :D

Agreed, that'd be awesome! :)
And yes, no more Eeeveelutions, their are plenty for everyone.

Ever wonder where some of the resistances/weaknesses came from? Like, why the hell are psychics weak to Bug type? It's because they had difficulty balancing all the types out. Bug was pretty much Psychic's only weakness back in Gen 1 (ghost was supposed to be effective against it too, but I believe due to a bug it is not) until Dark was added in gen 2. And why would Dark attacks be weak against Fighting? I guess, since Psychic beat Fighting and Dark beat Psychic, they should have Fighting beat Dark to make it a triangle. Fighting also has the distinction of being the only type effective against Normal and one of 3 that are good against Steel. For that matter, why is Psychic weak against Steel? Don't psychics bend spoons and whatnot?

Psychic and Bug: Bugs have simplistic minds that make them hard to mess with. Also, they are annoying and crawl all over everything. Certainly enough to screw with someone who needs mental concentration

Dark and Fighting: Well, if you think about it, you could consider the fighting type as following a path of righteousness, and as such, are strong against th-I have no clue either

Dark and Psychic: Not sure about that either. I remember posting something SOMEWHERE giving a good explanation of that...

Psychic and Steel: Well, the fact that it is a huge mass of steel may help out. Also, the mental force required for such a feat (bending a steel type, or even denting it) would have to be huge

Fighting and Steel: I had to mention this. Considering how regular humans can break bricks with training, a fighting type breaking steel isn't that Farfetch'd *insert groan here*

Anyways, maybe the plot being different depending on your choices in game? [E.G. You can catch x legendary at y spot. If you do so, you foil a part of team z's plans, requiring them to try something else. However, if you fail to catch it, then team z catches the legendary temporarily and destroys city w]. Also, maybe some recognition for catching a legendary? Or at the very least, not giving trainers such as Palmer a REGIGIGAS! Honestly, if the Pokemon is so powerful that it can move CONTINENTS, and is so RARE that there is only supposed to be ONE of it in existence, then why can you catch one and face a trainer who also has it in-game?

1) Less use of internet slang, that drove me nuts in DP
2) A hidden message in the game that says "Stop complaining about everything we do, we're working our rears off for your amusement. Signed, GameFreak."
3) More Pokemon with Foreign Dex entries
4) NO MORE MILOTIC/SPIRITOMB RIP OFFS!!! Jeez, two insanely hard to get Pokemon is enough. >_<
5) Contest Finals.
6) Ability to rematch Gym Leaders (Thank you Platinum)
7) Poketch App: Honey Tree Checker: Tells you what Pokemon are on a shaking honey tree, and where your honey trees are, and keeping the Poketch.
8) More Side quests
9) Battle Frontier (Thank you Platinum)
10) A GTS that prevents hacked Pokemon from being traded
11) Mini games galore
12) Up the OverWorld Speed
13) New Pokemon
14) Keep the time of day features
15) E-4 rematch feature, like in FRLG (Thank you Platinum)
16) More Items
17) Less trade evos
18) Making Garchomp less of an Uber ripoff
19) Making some Events catchable (Lugia, Ho-oh)
20) WiFi in the underground
21) The return of the "Text" system from GSC/RBY instead of the stupid phrase system of now
22) The ability to chain 2 Pokemon at once *still considering that idea*
23) Two more Eveelutions
24) Bring back Dive and Underwater areas
25) 2 new Unowns: Comma and Period
26) More trainers
27) More Gender Differences
28) Keep Pokerus, Shinies, EVs, and IVs
29) Reference to the YES town thing of RSE
30) Beldum evos: Switch TakeDown and Metal Claw
31) More moves
32) VS Seeker in caves
33) More verity in Pokemon, so that you are not stuck with one Pokemon for a type (points at Infernape and Rapidash) (Thanks again Platinum)
34) National Dex available at the beginning of the game
35) A reward if you get all the Pokedex Required Pokemon, like a Mew or something
36) 22 boxes
From a similar thread on a different forum. Some edits were made.

Pokemon based on species of animals that haven't been explored yet in the Pokemon games

Most notably, I want a Pink Fairy Armadillo Pokemon:

mammalfairyarmadilloek0.jpg

Species and Accessories having (more of in the case of accessories) an effect in contests. Take the Silk Veil for example. It gives two points in the created. I think it should also add points based on the type of contest. So, in a tough contest, the veil would take away one point (never going below zero points). In a beauty contest, it would give a bonus point.

Another example would be Milotic. It is the most beautiful Pokemon ever, while Feebas is among the ugliest. Then how is it that I beat a Beauty Contest so easily with a Feebas, yet sometimes struggled with a Milotic? It would be nice, if, say, due to Feebas' hardiness, it scores 10% more points in a tough contest, but due to its sheer ugliness, it scores 10% fewer points in the beauty contest (all of this in the visual section). Milotic, on the other hand, would score, say, 20% more points in beauty, but at the sharp cost of 10% fewer points in tough, due to its beauty making it not seem strong (even though those things can take a hit from a Garchomp then knock it out >.>), and 10% fewer points in smart (stereotyping)

Also, I want the wide variety of attacks from RSE contests back. In fact, make it like this:
-Modified Visual Stage
-Bigger Buttons in Dance Stage (I sometimes miss the buttons by JUST a millimetre due to my screen not calibrating correctly >.<)
-RSE style appeal stage (they can keep the multiple judges if they want. I just want the huge variety of attack abilities to be brought back ;.;)

Also, there should be more rivals and/or recurring characters. Sometimes, I feel like Dawn, Lucas, and Pearl are the only ones scouring the region to fight the Elite Four and Team Galactic, or that Red and Gary are the only ones trying to fight the Elite Four.

A talking player character could be possible, but it would be a double-edged sword. Sure, it would destroy the strangeness of having a player character that's a mime in casual clothing or just saying "Michael told them what happened" (More or less paraphrased quote from Pokemon XD.) On the other hand, the player character may be cursed with cheesy dialogue. Hm, a player character liking cheese...oh wait.

Also, although highly improbable, they should make a child trainer or at least a teen that's a member of the evil organization, or at least in cahoots with them. Isn't it at least semi-strange that there are only adults in the evil organization, and they are fighting a kid?

Another improbable idea: an inherently wicked legendary or group of legendaries. One that personifies corruption, or a group that resembles different sins (i.e. uncontrollable fury, greed, pride, etc.)

Last edited:
Requesting:

-Customizable characters.

-As Gold, Silver, and Crystal allowed you to revisit Kanto... I want that for ALL the regions. In one Game. Please.

I don't really want to see a fifth generation with new pokémon. I wouldn't mind new regions or multiple regions in one game, though. Also, I don't want Generation V to be reliant on Generation IV, that is, legendaries/starters are missing and won't be available.

A mature Pokemon, completely different from the original. Too bad that'll never happen. D=

does this imply that pokémon are not mature?

Sure, it would destroy the strangeness of having a player character that's a mime in casual clothing or just saying "Michael told them what happened" (More or less paraphrased quote from Pokemon XD.)

Perhaps you could actually speak into the microphone.

Nature/Nurture would be an interesting balance of legendaries. One could be Steel-type and the other could be Grass-type.

Back
Top Bottom