• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

I reckon G/S/C was on to something... They should make a game like LG/FR for G/S/C.
Radio was awesome, G/S was when the roaming pokemon made it's debut, the phone (Brought back in emerald, I think) and real time (which was brought back in D/P.) But what ticks me off is you can't challenge Gym Leaders to rematch's (apart from emerald, but they were double battles and I'm not too fond of Double battles.)
And they should base a pokemon on a camel. Everyone loves camels, right?
Oh, I'm mentally lacking to quote, but isn't a breeder game Pokemon Rancher?

Maybe it could be fire/ground. And its name could be some combination of the words "numb" and "camel." And it would evolve at level, I don't know, 33 maybe into a bigger one that has a name that's some combination of "camel" and "erupt." I don't think we've ever had that before, have we?

Also, I had this really weird idea of having a building in a major city (i.e; Veilstone, Jubilfe, Celadon) with one floor devoted directly towards in-game trades, such as every day there is a new trainer there offering and asking for a different Pokemon. In the beginning of the game it could be easy trades (i.e Sinnoh: Bidoof for Budew), eventually turning into better trades (i.e Skorupi for Croagunk), and after beating the e4 have even more important trades (i.e Murkrow for Misdreavus, Chimchar for Cyndaquil). It would be a really interesting add.

That is one of the greatest ideas I've ever heard in my life.

i would love it if the battle system was converted into Pokemon Ranger-like 3d-ish graphics. but in a way where it wouldn't effect the current strategy. Also i would like- no i need- a way to capture those FRUSTRATINGLY ANNOYING, DARN HARD TO GET johto starters!!

*coughnumelandcaneruptcogh*
I think a good feature to add is being able to pursue careers as a coordanator, breeder, ect.(exuse my spelling)

That'd be cool...

I just about agree with everyone here... but something I noticed a while ago, is that Pokemon arer stored... in a computer. Wait, what? Pokemon arent Digimon, are they? 0-o So I'm just thinking, we should store our Pokemon in like, a FIELD. Not a computer. But since they have done like 12 games with the PC idea, I dont think it's gonna happen. Just stating that I think it's a little weird...

A light-type, and a gym for it
Ooh, that would be cool. Maybe for the gym, have a light-and-mirror puzzle like that one in Wind Waker?

Anyways, being able to swim by yourself. Without riding on a Pokemon. And maybe being able to have -any- pokemon follow you around, like in Yellow.

For one, bring back the high surf speed from RSE. DP's surf speed is aggonizing. X_x

Obviously, better plot. I mean, RBY and GSC had good plots. And even RSE's plot wasn't that bad. Hell, Emerald's was cool. But DP was rather lacking, especially since we've seen Team X too many times.

Keep the Underground. That place rocks.

Throw out Defog. It is teh sux. THERE'S NO POINT TO IT.

More TMs! *TM whore*

And a huge map. I mean, huuuuge. Just massive. Maybe even have more than eight gyms, and while you only need eight badges to get to the E4, you need the others to unlock other parts of the game. *nodnod*

And, of course, more fire-types. I wept at the sight of TWO fire types in DP. *shakes head*

Alexi said:
For one, bring back the high surf speed from RSE. DP's surf speed is aggonizing. X_x

Obviously, better plot. I mean, RBY and GSC had good plots. And even RSE's plot wasn't that bad. Hell, Emerald's was cool. But DP was rather lacking, especially since we've seen Team X too many times.

Keep the Underground. That place rocks.

Throw out Defog. It is teh sux. THERE'S NO POINT TO IT.

More TMs! *TM whore*

And a huge map. I mean, huuuuge. Just massive. Maybe even have more than eight gyms, and while you only need eight badges to get to the E4, you need the others to unlock other parts of the game. *nodnod*

And, of course, more fire-types. I wept at the sight of TWO fire types in DP. *shakes head*

Throw Underground AWAY! Find tresures hidden in trees and in wall indents.

16 gyms please. Defog should be a TM. IT'S WORSE THAN FLASH! Replace it with something useful.:grin:

Somthing cool sounding. They failed at translating Team Galactic(real translation is The Galaxy Gang*nodnod*)

Use of the DS microphone for something other that the move Chatter.

Anyways, being able to swim by yourself. Without riding on a Pokemon. And maybe being able to have -any- pokemon follow you around, like in Yellow.

Heck yes, I'm tired of having to have the 5th gym badge to surf/swim/whatever.

I have one thing to say: Pokemon Breeder game! You could be given a small farm with that generations Rattata and Pidgey and Starter pokemon, then as time passes you expand and rarer pokemon can come. Of course, in order to upgrade your farm, you have to care for your Pokemon. Also, how you care for them can determine what type of farms appear to upgrade to. When your farm is big enough, you can fence off spaces to keep seperate Pokemon, and eventually get multiple farms. Then, there would be a special farm that you could store pokemon from the main game in to raise and care for. I also forgot to mention that the farm's pokemon can breed, hence the name, but only if they are in the same egg group, like in the games. The game also keeps track of a pokemon's attacks, since you would be able to transport them to the main pokemon game once they are so many days/weeks old, and on there they will have a special ribbon. Okay, I'm done.

Are you a stalker? Only I made up a game exactly like this once.

Maybe it could be fire/ground. And its name could be some combination of the words "numb" and "camel." And it would evolve at level, I don't know, 33 maybe into a bigger one that has a name that's some combination of "camel" and "erupt." I don't think we've ever had that before, have we?
Oh yeah... I hate it when I forget a certain species of pokemon... And it's really stupid seeing that I kill them almost every day nearby Stark mountain. My bad...

More than one Region to explore, I don't entirely agree with only one being open to you in the other games from Gold, Silver and Crystal!

Maybe some people's original Pokemon, maybe even OC's!

A ferret that doesn't want to eat me!!

And Cyber Pokemon -- CyberTech Corp.!

And Werewolves!!! (Ask PhaRaoH)

- secrect bases above ground
- Keep the sprites and 2D battle graphics.
- 3D or 2D gameplay
- GTS filter (to make it so you won't see all of those outrageos trades)
- Wi-Fi Battles, trades, contests, poffin/Pokeblock making, ect.
- be able to use your own recipes and skills to actually cook the poffins
- Contest judging only appeal (moves) and the Pokemon's shimmer (or the meter telling you how much your Pokemon is Smart Cool, ect.)
- dance and dress up optional in Contests
- the ability to pick between Pokegear, Pokenav, or Potech.
- there is more, but I'll need to think about it.

There should be some sort of contest sidequest where you have to go against a contest 'Elite Four'. Except it would be a 'Elite Four Teams', where you have two Pokemon working together against you. Then you could possibly team up with someone else or have two of your own Pokemon and have co-op contests to go against these Elite Four. If your two Pokemon get the highest scores, then you are the winner.

The radio should return and be useful. It should be like real radio, having news (this would be a great way of alerting people to sidequests!) and music (it's sad that there's no way to hear the music in the game without having to go to that particular place).

As mentioned, recipes for poffins would be awesome. Hunting down all the recipes in the Paper Mario series was fun, so maybe a similar thing could be done here.

Finally, I'd love a good revolutionary idea. What do I mean by that? I don't know. Quadrophonic sound + the Wii head tracking thingy to get 3D in the games + using the Wii remote to good effect? Something new and different that will go down in gaming history for a good reason (and yes, I'm aware that I'm being vague).

A Bug Type, that is actually good for battling.
An Evolution and Prevolution for good old Pinsir.
Prevolution for Scyther.
3 or 4 Legendaries this time around.
More Fire types.
A game that sticks true to the Anime series.
A complex storyline.

I really want dual regions like the second generation had. Also, actual online play, like a MMORPG. That would be amazing. I'd also like it if it was 3D; more than Diamond and Pearl were. It needs some quality dragons. The fourth generation dragons (forgot their names) were absolute suck. And if we could obtain Nintendo events from home, that'd be nice, because they usually only last two days, and not everyone can attend. And it really does need a decent battle tower. Crystal was the only game that had one. Finally, it needs a twist to make it completely original yet unchanged.

I've always wanted to see a jungle, personally. *THis does not count Ranger* a big, tropical area.

This is a bit off topic, but there is a hack game where you start off on a tropical island. I forgot what it's called, though.

I just about agree with everyone here... but something I noticed a while ago, is that Pokemon arer stored... in a computer. Wait, what? Pokemon arent Digimon, are they? 0-o So I'm just thinking, we should store our Pokemon in like, a FIELD. Not a computer. But since they have done like 12 games with the PC idea, I dont think it's gonna happen. Just stating that I think it's a little weird...

I've always imagined the Pokeballs going through tubes to the place that keeps them.

Oh, and I brain stormed some more ideas.

Creating an actual gym. You hire trainers, give them your Pokemon, and set up a gym. Then, when you exchange records, your friends can go to your gym and battle the computer gym trainers. This way, you can completely make a gym for your friends to battle. It'd be amazing. Um, scratch the 3D thing. Just read the posts, and yeah, it's suck.

I'd like some older music in the game. I love the original bike music. It's just amazing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom