• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

A Fire/Dragon pokemon.

A battle frontier in the origanal pair of games.

Event pokemon in games (I know it's not going to happen)

I actualy don't want trainer customisation but pokemon customization would be nice.

No version exclusive legendaries.

A platform spinoff.

All event pokemon available in spinoffs.

A Pokemon based off of a goat. And it would occasionally eat your map, requiring you to get a new one.

Seriously though, I'd like trainer and Pokemon customization to an extent. It gets kinda tiring walking around in the same clothes, and it's not very hygienic =3

Also, I want a cast of trainers that aren't 10 year olds. It's just a bit more annoying than the bumbling teens that save the world.

You know what would be neat, if they put in a little more into the Department store.

I mean, a Department store, you'd think they'd sell more than TM's and shit, what if they sold outfits for your trainer? And then you could switch them at your whim?

Oh, and more kinds of Pokeballs.

Personally, I would absolutely love seeing a main game on a platform. A 3-D RPG main game. It would be something new and fresh, and it'd just be so fun I think.

I mean, wouldn't that be fun to go either through a new region, or in an old one, in a 3-D map that functions like the regular ones- as in you travel between towns, fighting Pokemon/battling trainers that attack you.

Kind of like Colosseum, but a main game.

I doubt it'd happen though, but it'd still be great.

Also, maybe an ability to get the event Pokemon without going to the events, for those of us (like myself) without anyway to go to them. Or without wi-fi, like me again. Maybe on the official website there'd be a code to input somewhere that'd access the event Pokemon/item/etc. on the game. I think that'd be neat.

And totally have the customization, but also make your guy able to buy food that, by having, could increase your Pokemon's happiness maybe? (Like, buy a special food that they really like, and they'll be happier when you feed them it somehow).

Just some thoughts, I guess.

And totally have the customization, but also make your guy able to buy food that, by having, could increase your Pokemon's happiness maybe? (Like, buy a special food that they really like, and they'll be happier when you feed them it somehow).

I believe you can make those, and they're called Poffins.

For the sprites in the menu and if they continue to let the pokemon follow you on the overworld, please show them as shiny if they are shiny ><

I can't be damned to see if somebody posted this yet...

I want to be able to use Rapidash as an alternative to the bike. ^_^

I'm pretty sure those flames would make you fried link XP

As mentioned, customization (trainer and pokemon) would be loved.

I don't think anybody's mentioned Shadow Pokemon yet, though. Madness!

Hahaha, Rapidash stead would be awesome.
AND YES. 3-D platofrmer RPG would be epic in so many levels.
And I really wish they would make a more dark-themed Pokemon game. C'mon Game Freak! The series has been on for 10 years. Do you think the older fans would still like to play games about Team Adjective being pwned by a kid?
Also, I wish they could make more uses for the older stones. I mean, I'm pretty sure I don't want to hold 348298208 stones that have the essentially same purpose.
Oh and definately more options than YES and NO.

Also, I wish they could make more uses for the older stones. I mean, I'm pretty sure I don't want to hold 348298208 stones that have the essentially same purpose.

The reasoning behind all these stones is to give a logical explanation to why you couldn't evolve them in previous regions/games.

For example, if you where to be able evolve Kirlia into Gallade with a Sun Stone, rather then Dawn Stone how come you couldn't do it in Hoenn?

Well they could make an excuse like, they could only evolve under special circumstances or weather, etc. making them evolve in that specific region. It seems pretty logical, if you ask me if they incorporated that in the games.

The reasoning behind all these stones is to give a logical explanation to why you couldn't evolve them in previous regions/games.

For example, if you where to be able evolve Kirlia into Gallade with a Sun Stone, rather then Dawn Stone how come you couldn't do it in Hoenn?

They kinda failed with Lickitung/Lickilicky though. I think it can learn Rollout via TM as early as G/S/C. :B

I like the weather/regions idea. The Leafeon/Glaceon thing with the mossy/ice stone or whatever was another step in the right direction (day/night for Umbreon/Espeon was also nice). They need more Pokemon to evolve like that instead of magical rocks.

I know story isn't exactly why people play Pokemon, but I would like to see some deeper writing, not just some plot involving some idiot team and a legendary Pokemon for the 50th time.

Well a lot of fans want a deeper plot, so I'm pretty sure Game Freak and Nintendo will stop with the cold shoulder and make a mature game.
I mean they're probably worried about little children picking up the mature game if they actually make one, and the child gets confused on why the plot includes dead people and all the shenanigans.
A good solution would be blatantly putting the label, NOT FOR CHILDREN. Simple, and straight to the point.

I know story isn't exactly why people play Pokemon, but I would like to see some deeper writing, not just some plot involving some idiot team and a legendary Pokemon for the 50th time.

I agree. I'd like to see a story more similar to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 (or even Pokémon Colosseum/XD) in a main series game. Sure, the plot wasn't that developed, but it sure as heck was more developed than the plots in the main game. I also liked the character icons in Mystery Dungeon- those really brought the characters to life more than the main series ever did, and the dialogue just flowed so much better. As for gameplay, I would love to see a Fire Emblem-style battle scene. (Like in the DS Shadow Dragon Remake) Sure, it wouldn't be practical for all 500+ pokémon, (especially with all the new ones) but I wish they would just do one game where they focus on a few Pokémon that actually have characters (sort of like Mystery Dungeon), and have a cool-looking battle scene. In fact, I would actually prefer that to a new generation.

Even a little more strategy in the battles would be nice...

Arceus is the god of pokemon, Right? Well, they should make something thats like the "devil" of pokemon. It could be an event exclusive. I also want more action packed cutscenes (legendaries battling, etc.) and some new types. I also think they should make more detailed side quests that can be done during the main story. Rideable pokemon and trainer customization would be cool too.

More advanced underground that can also be used to travel around the region, with certian areas blocked off and NPC trainers litteringt he place.

Back
Top Bottom