• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Games Are You Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on yet another playthrough of Sly 2 on top of a second round of Symphonia.

Still haven't finished Tales of Phantasia (where the hell is the Temple of Fenrir? I thought I found it, but I guess I didn't) and I've yet to progress through the third gym in Platinum.

But I finished Okami. <3 Now if I could just get around to finishing Jak II & III. Or maybe just a Ratchet & Clank game.

Still haven't finished Tales of Phantasia (where the hell is the Temple of Fenrir? I thought I found it, but I guess I didn't) and I've yet to progress through the third gym in Platinum.

North of Alvanista, go to Freezekill. In the northern part of town, there's a church that'll trigger a scene where Cless recognizes it as Fenrir's Temple if you walk up to it.

Oh. XD; I thought it was a location on the overworld.

From what I understand, though, the temple is a fair bit easier than the Burning Tower? Hopefully this won't be another case of getting stuck on the same dungeon for five months.

Oh. XD; I thought it was a location on the overworld.

From what I understand, though, the temple is a fair bit easier than the Burning Tower? Hopefully this won't be another case of getting stuck on the same dungeon for five months.

Yeah, it's a bit easier. Since you've done the Burning Tower already, make sure you equip Fire Charms on everyone, so the blizzards and harsh cold inside the dungeon don't hurt your party members outside of battle. Just make sure you're willing to temporarily part with an accessory, especially if you did the same thing I did, and gave Cless a Faerie Ring, and a Technical Ring xD; I had to weight which was more useful, since I prefer playing full Manual, but with the Faerie Ring I wouldn't have to worry about his skills eating through his TP x.x

Just make sure you do some levelling before leaving the dungeon, because Origin can be quite difficult if you're not careful.

I'm playing the legendary starfy, but I'm almost finished with it. I'm also playing Zelda:Oot, but I'm almost finished with that, too.

I'm mostly waiting out until my birthday until I get a TTDS update but i've found myself playing Ruby non-stop.

I have:-
MudSkipper the Swampert
Kappa the Gardevoir
Prae the Breloom
Peppar the Grumpig
Aquatics the Azumarill
BackStab the Mawile

Just sharing that with you...

Lessee, I'm playing 3 things:

- I just started FireRed again. One of the random default names was Paula so I just thought 'yay EB :D' and called myself that. My Pokemon so far are Sparky the Squirtle and Flare the Pikachu, and I plan to have Batty the Flareon and Bubbles the Zubat later on. I've just beaten Brock and the shorts kid.

- I'm also playing PMD: Explorers of Time again. I picked myself and my partner at random. My partner is a Charmander called Random, and I'm Ness the Squirtle. This is what made me start liking Squirtle. I'm somewhere in the Hidden Land right now.

- Yume Nikki! Man, this game is fun. It's also fun to tell my friends what I've been doing. I've got all the effects so I can end the game if I want to, but nah, I'm just gonna keep playing. Wheeee.

Disgaea 2, wheee~ <3 Hate the Geo Panels, love the gameplay otherwise and the plot. Seems like it's going to be a little shorter than the first one, too...

Currently, I'm playing Punchout Wii. Up to Title Defense Great Tiger. The fight's awesome (his attacks are color coded: if the jewel on his turban flashes red, it's a straight jab, blue for an uppercut to the left, green for an uppercut to the right, and white for a headbutt-like move which you can only duck), but his special move's annoying and I can't get any stars to pull off the instant KO trick on him.

Goddamnit, I WAS playing Final Fantasy VIII until the first disc decided to keep freezing during one cut scene. >_>

Anyone selling disc one? XDD

Goddamnit, I WAS playing Final Fantasy VIII until the first disc decided to keep freezing during one cut scene. >_>

Anyone selling disc one? XDD

No, but the black label copy I have is missing disc one xD Which cut scene were you freezing at?

Anyways, I decided to borrow Chrono Trigger DS from a friend, and... The text is all funky! I don't like it! And... Strength Capsules! WTF WHERE'S MY POWER TAB

As cool as it is to have on the go, it's... Not quite the same as the SNES and PS1 versions... I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it just doesn't quite feel like the RPG I grew up with almost my whole life. It's just the PS1 version without load times, and a few extras, including a 13th ending that really wasn't needed... I think I'll stick to the PS1 version I have now, and I'll put it on my PSP if I want CT on the go xD

That aside, I'm gonna try and finish Kitten, and Class of Heroes this morning, before I go pick up BlazBlue and RE Archives in the afternoon... I may not be active for the rest of the week because of BlazBlue, and because I may be drooling over the artbook, blowing my eardrums out with the awesome soundtrack that's not quite as awesome as Guilty Gear's, but still awesome, and speed running REmake Wii port =D

WTF WHERE'S MY POWER TAB
I lol'd.

As cool as it is to have on the go, it's... Not quite the same as the SNES and PS1 versions... I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it just doesn't quite feel like the RPG I grew up with almost my whole life. It's just the PS1 version without load times, and a few extras, including a 13th ending that really wasn't needed... I think I'll stick to the PS1 version I have now, and I'll put it on my PSP if I want CT on the go xD
Right, I know what you mean. When I first tried Tales of Phantasia on the PSX, it had a whole new feel to it. It was just... different. Everything had a new feel to it. Especially roaming the world map. Man, I really need to find out how to patch games like that. >.<

I lol'd.

Right, I know what you mean. When I first tried Tales of Phantasia on the PSX, it had a whole new feel to it. It was just... different. Everything had a new feel to it. Especially roaming the world map. Man, I really need to find out how to patch games like that. >.<

Phantasia was a different story for me; After playing the SFC version, I felt that it could've used some polishing and an updated LMBs, and then I discovered ISOs and emulators and played the PSX version; it was Tales of Destiny, but better.

I loved the updated battle system, and prettier character sprites. It beats the original Super Famicom version in almost every way except charm. You can get a fanslation patch from Absolute Zero, or if you look hard enough, there's a pre-patched ISO.

lol, I never played the GBA version though, cause I heard Nintendo's translation was so terrible, and music quality was crap. And I heard the English voices and... Ugh!. The only good things that came out of it were "INDIG-NAY-SHUN" and "What the HECK is THAT?!... It can't BEEEE"

I've always stuck to fanslations, which is why I'm stuck calling Cress Cless, and Claus Klarth.

Anyways, been playing BlazBlue! and oggling over the artbook whose cover makes me feel so indecent just by owning it
I laugh in the faces of those who chose not to get the special edition; now you all have to wait three weeks for the standalone game! >D dunno why anybody wouldn't have gotten the limited edition, it was the exact same price!

Normally I don't give two shits about achievements or trophies or the like, but some of them are priceless, like "Ride the Icening", a poke at Guilty Gear's Ky-Kiske's Ride the Lightning special cause the fruity Jin is basically fruity Ky, just with ice powers instead of lightning... And then there's "Be Gentle... It's My First Time..." for fighting your first Ranked match xD

I'm just pissed that there's no one like Slayer or Axl-Low. Well, I'm happy with playing as Rachel, Noelle, and Taokaka. Taokaka <3 combo friendly characters are my best friends.

I also picked up Megaman Star Force 3 Black Ace version, but I'm gonna wait till I finish Zerker x Ninja to play it.

Last edited:
I remembered how much I loved Kingdom Hearts II on Sunday. So I started playing that. (And I suddenly realized how awesome Riku is. So, er...)

lol, I never played the GBA version though, cause I heard Nintendo's translation was so terrible, and music quality was crap. And I heard the English voices and... Ugh!. The only good things that came out of it were "INDIG-NAY-SHUN" and "What the HECK is THAT?!... It can't BEEEE"
I've only played the GBA, since I, unfortunately, haven't discovered patches and ROMS. I agree, the music quality isn't the greatest, but I don't know what you mean by Nintendo's translation. The English VA was pretty bad, I know, but you barely heard them, and only in battle, so it was OK. I really grem on Arche's and Clause's voices grew on me though :P

As of now, I'm trying to finish all the extra stuff in Megaman Battle Network 2 that I never knew about it my first playthrough, and it's proving to be a bitch. I'm trying to get every chip now >.<

I've only played the GBA, since I, unfortunately, haven't discovered patches and ROMS. I agree, the music quality isn't the greatest, but I don't know what you mean by Nintendo's translation. The English VA was pretty bad, I know, but you barely heard them, and only in battle, so it was OK. I really grem on Arche's and Clause's voices grew on me though :P
I heard the way they translated the dialogue and stuff seemed very... Lackluster, to say the very least. Either way, I have no desire to play it, so I guess it's a bit of a moot point for me...

As of now, I'm trying to finish all the extra stuff in Megaman Battle Network 2 that I never knew about it my first playthrough, and it's proving to be a bitch. I'm trying to get every chip now >.<

OMG

<3 MMBN2; it's my favorite in the EXE series. Have you been to the Legendary WWW Area yet?

Of course. ;D I need every fucking chip in the game to fight BassSP, so I'm trying to get that accomplished now. I'm also trying to get HubStyle.

BN2 is definitely my favorite now, but that's probably because I haven't played 1 or 3. 4 sucked kinda 5 was good but not "great" and 6 kinda was boring, yet a little bit funner than some. I really want three though, and then I'll get the first.

Ahh, I liked 4, and 6. I wasn't a huge fan of 3 though. I just didn't like Duo's transition over to Battle Network, and how he came practically out of nowhere.

Super Paper Mario: Just beat the game today (Yes, that means I'll stop with the SPM usertitles), and while I would say the ending sucked, since the last two bosses were so easy, I liked the ending itself.
Gah, it was so sad! ;_; If only the music had actually given atmosphere (Was there any? I can't remember), then I would have really bawled, because all I got was a lump in the back of my throat. I don't usually go for romance-type tearjerkers, but I think it was more
the death (or whatever) of Count Bleck. Oh, and screw Tippi, I couldn't care less about her. XP Well, I suppose I'll miss having a multi-colored butterfly following me around (That is, if I bother with the post-game stuff), but the actual character? No.

And that's all I've been playing. Seriously. I'm thinking about getting a new game this weekend, probably Kirby Air Ride (A GameCube game?! Haven't gotten one of those in aaages...), possibly something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom