• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What gender is Pikachu?

What gender is Pikachu

• Male

Votes: 177 94.1%
  • Female

Votes: 11 5.9%

• Total voters
All three, but there wasn't an option for that in the poll.

No really. Pikachu has struck me as male, but his voice is high pitched. Well, all pokemon's are.

All three, but there wasn't an option for that in the poll.

No really. Pikachu has struck me as male, but his voice is high pitched. Well, all pokemon's are.
Actually, Pikachu's voice is lower-pitched than that of most other Pikachu we've seen in the show as far as I recall. Obviously you shouldn't hold the voice to human standards, after all.

Actually, Pikachu's voice is lower-pitched than that of most other Pikachu we've seen in the show as far as I recall. Obviously you shouldn't hold the voice to human standards, after all.

Lt. Surge's Raichu had a deep voice and an Australian accent iirc. Granted, Raichu =/= Pikachu but still. :/

I started this thread on the old forum and it has like 200+ posts. Next to 'You're Banned', it was my most-posted in thread. :3

Male, for all of the above reasons and these lyrics
Pikachu....(forgot the lyrics) like no other
(forgot the lyrics) you are my brother.

Just look at this picture. Your imagination can do the rest.

013.jpg

I don't get it.

As for me, I think it's male because in one of the first-season episodes, one person (though I can't remember who) calls Pikachu a "he." Surely that wouldn't happen if it was female? :blank:

Lt. Surge's Raichu had a deep voice and an Australian accent iirc. Granted, Raichu =/= Pikachu but still. :/
...no "but still". That's like saying a young boy must be female because his voice is not as deep as that of grown men.

Lt. Surge didn't have an Australian accent, it was British. :/

Anyway, I've always though Pikachu as being male. It's more than likely that the gender difference was created so a full tail means male so it was consistent with the anime, rather than changing the way pikachu looked somehow. People seem to think that the gender differences just 'happened'; they didn't, they were planned just as extensively as any other part of the franchise.

I say its a boy because it fell in love with a "Female" Pikachu in the first anime series, you know, the one where they find a large pack of pikachu in a field and Ash tries to leace pikachu there bcause he thinks pikachu likes it there more than him.

Despite evidence against this, I still think Pikachu is a shim, by which I mean a hermaphrodite. :P Hey, I can dream right?

I must add there is more evidence pointing to the male gender, but I can only go 50% wrong if I say it's a shim.

Just look at the picture. Your imagination can do the rest.

013.jpg

I don't get it.

In order to logically answer this, I must ask:

Are you in fifth grade right now (like most other people when they're eleven) or in sixth like me (and as far as I know I'm the only one like that) going into seventh after this summer break is over?

*returns to watching documentary about volcanoes in Iceland on National Geographic*

Lt. Surge didn't have an Australian accent, it was British. :/
Even though he's supposedly "Lt. Surge, the lightning American", or something similar to that.

Back onto topic, I believe that Pikachu is a male Pikachu, based upon the fact that there is no dent in the tail. If Pikachu were female, then the anime could just added the dent onto Pikachu, in the same way that Ash's clothes change, though Ash is presented with these clothes. Either way, they left Pikachu's tail as a solid block, undented, therefore he is a male.

So what, Pikachu would just wake up one day with a dent in its tail just because it was female? How come they couldn't just make the dent tail Pikachu the mail type of Pikachu and then make the standard sprite in the game the male pikachu? That would seem alot easier to do.

Even though he's supposedly "Lt. Surge, the lightning American", or something similar to that.

Back onto topic, I believe that Pikachu is a male Pikachu, based upon the fact that there is no dent in the tail. If Pikachu were female, then the anime could just added the dent onto Pikachu, in the same way that Ash's clothes change, though Ash is presented with these clothes. Either way, they left Pikachu's tail as a solid block, undented, therefore he is a male.

Ash's clothes aren't a part of his body. They can be removed. Pikachu's tail can't. I don't see how in one episode it could have the male's tail, then in the next, a dent just appears there and everyone pretends it's always been there. It doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom