• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

what is the ugliest pokemon?

fuck you >:|

42.png
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

anyway the reason mesprit is hideous is because it's aiming for a cute design but it ends up looking just... gross and stupid. i can't really explain it, but a lot of the pokemon other people are naming are meant to be ugly, and are, but are still good designs. mesprit is a terrible design.

edit: Medicham is pretty bad too. i'm not sure how they made a topless chick look so unappealing.

fuck you >:|

what? I like Lickitung, but it's an obese balloon-shaped thing with a tongue that improves on Lickitung's design in no way whatsoever. It's like they decided how bad they could make a Lickitung evolution and went from there.

but... it's so adorable! it's a fat pink man with a silly expression and a napkin tucked into his collar, about to lick someone in areas they didn't even know they had!

lickilicky.png

edit: glameow is reaaaaaaally bad, design-wise

Last edited:
Lickilicky.png

Used to not like Lickylicky but now it's got enough of a woobie factor for me to tolerate it.

mrmime

This is amazing and I hate respectfully disagree with anyone who doesn't like it.

glameow

Grimdour is right: quite classy

probopass

See Lickylicky argument.

I can't figure out what's so hideous about Lickilicky, honestly. Nobody hates Snorlax for being fat. Nobody hates shiny Butterfrees for being pink. Nobody hates Lickitung for having a huge tongue. Nobody hates Wailord for being oversized.

EDIT: wait shit shiny butterfree aren't pink, but

Last edited:
I can't figure out what's so hideous about Lickilicky, honestly. Nobody hates Snorlax for being fat. Nobody hates shiny Butterfrees for being pink. Nobody hates Lickitung for having a huge tongue. Nobody hates Wailord for being oversized.

The features have been combined in such a disproportionate way, that the creature itself is actually hideous.

It's like saying "well, marmite tastes nice. So does toast, baked beans, golden syrup and sour worms", then putting them all together in the same food. Unless you did it in the correct proportions, it just simply won't work.
(Well, I can't see how that food would ever work, but whatever.)

Ugliest Pokémon for me is pretty much hands down Monferno.
(Also, I object to your Jynx and Probopass statements. >:()

It's like they decided how bad they could make a Lickitung evolution and went from there.

Probably the best description of Lickilicky's design I've ever heard. I mean, if a 12-year-old can do better (and without the extra 10 years or so that Nintendo/Game Freak took to finally got around to it, too!), you know it's got to be bad.

Also, Drapion. Not nearly as horrible as Lickilicky, but it's another "ugly, but not in the good way" example. And the fact that they randomly slapped the Dark type on it when it is a frickin' scorpion that should obviously be Bug-type pisses me off. They should've just given Bug immunity to Psychic back in G/S/C instead of ever bothering with the Dark type...

I actually like (or at least tolerate) most of the others mentioned in this thread so far, though. Especially Probopass and Heatran.

EDIT: Clefairy. I can't believe I forgot Clefairy. Ugliest "cute" Pokémon ever. Not sure what it is exactly... the combination of the weird tiny eyes and the fangs and the general shape of the thing is just "ugh" somehow. I guess it's part of Nintendo/Game Freak's evil plan to make people evolve their Clefairies before they learn any good moves just so that don't have to look at a Clefairy anymore.

Last edited:
The features have been combined in such a disproportionate way, that the creature itself is actually hideous.

It's like saying "well, marmite tastes nice. So does toast, baked beans, golden syrup and sour worms", then putting them all together in the same food. Unless you did it in the correct proportions, it just simply won't work.
(Well, I can't see how that food would ever work, but whatever.)
Well, Lickitung is also fat and pink with a huge tongue. And I haven't seen anyone criticizing it for that in this topic.

Also, Drapion. Not nearly as horrible as Lickilicky, but it's another "ugly, but not in the good way" example. And the fact that they randomly slapped the Dark type on it when it is a frickin' scorpion that should obviously be Bug-type pisses me off.
yeah, and it even appears in Aaron's team in pt.

Well, Lickitung is also fat and pink with a huge tongue. And I haven't seen anyone criticizing it for that in this topic.
LickilickyLickitung

I think it's more the fact that they have nothing in common with each other aside from being pink and having tongues. And I don't think Lickitung's fat at all, really (especially not in comparison with Lickilicky). Lickilicky doesn't even have the same body shape as Lickitung; everything on Lickilicky is circular, which (to me) seems really redundant as a design. Lickitung is curves, and it has this nice balance with its tongue and tail, and it actually looks like they're connected and whatnot. Lickilicky is also randomly gluttonous, which was never attributed to Lickitung at all. And Lickitung's also based on a chameleon-lizard-thing and Lickilicky... isn't. I've always thought of Lickitung as a cute, bipedal dinosaur that uses its tongue to discover the world, and Lickilicky is like this retarded fat man that eats everything and looks nothing like any kind of dinosaur or lizard or anything. They have nothing to do with each other. If you take away the giant tongue and make the colours slightly darker, it could be its own pokemon. That's why I don't like Lickilicky.

Back
Top Bottom