• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What kind of Poké Balls have you caught things in?

Re: What kind of Poké Balls have you caught things in?

In Diamond, I used my Master Ball on Dialga, and I used Ultra Balls for the three fairy things. Much more boring than my Sapphire adventures.
Whyyyy would you use Master Ball on such an easy-to-catch Pokémon ;_;

I used fast balls for both Entei and Raikou. Or maybe it was quick balls? Hmm... Now I'm not sure.

Quick Ball + Dialga/Palkia = CATCH
Quick Ball + Three Pixies = NO CATCH (?)

Quick Ball + Dialga/Palkia = CATCH
Quick Ball + Three Pixies = NO CATCH (?)
Dialga and Palkia are far easier to catch than any other legendaries in the game. The pixies all have a catch rate of 3, meaning they are the hardest Pokémon to catch (along with the other rate-of-three legendaries and Beldum).

Seriously? A catch rate of 3???

I sorta understand legendaries, but Beldum having a catch rate of 3 is actually a little random... wouldn't you say?

Seriously? A catch rate of 3???

I sorta understand legendaries, but Beldum having a catch rate of 3 is actually a little random... wouldn't you say?

When Beldum was introduced, you could only get it as a gift. Maybe Game Freak didn't know that they would make it catchable in the wild and gave it a stupid catch rate.

Azelf was so easy to catch. I only had to use a Timer Ball and that was it. It was battling it that was hard, though.

Timer Balls are usually what my legendaries ends up in, since most of them ends being horridly long fights anyway. That or ultra balls. (Boring catcher, I know :c ) I tend to use Pokéballs first since they cost less and there's the strange.. weird thing that they seem to have many lucky shots.

Mah Lugias go in Heavy Ball though. >:c

I catch Legendaries in Dusk Balls, Heavy Balls or Fast Balls. Most other stuff is caught in Quick Balls. When I'm chaining I try to catch stuff in Premier Balls or Dive Balls.

I recently attempted to catch a Drowzee for my HG team. However, when it came to abilities, I wanted one with Insomnia, since Forewarn is inferior to a no-sleep move.

After running into 25 males with Frisk and the occasional Ditto, I finally found one with Insomnia, and it was a female. My (traded) male Totodile was up first, since it knew Bite. I attempted to use Bite, and it survived and used Hypnosis.

I mentally said "oh, fuck it" and got out a love ball. Caught it on the first try.

...even funnier is the tale about how a Ditto wasted practically all my Pokeballs thanks to my stupidity.

I caught a Sunkern in an Ultra Ball. What a waste.

And I caught a Natu in a Love Ball. The ball expresses the feelings I have for that cute little birdee.

After running into 25 males with Frisk and the occasional Ditto, I finally found one with Insomnia, and it was a female. My (traded) male Totodile was up first, since it knew Bite. I attempted to use Bite, and it survived and used Hypnosis.

I mentally said "oh, fuck it" and got out a love ball. Caught it on the first try.
Love Ball only works if the Pokémon are the same species.

Love Ball only works if the Pokémon are the same species.
You mean different genders (save genderless)?

Natu broke out of a Love Ball. Lucky thing...

I was always the lazy person to catch the main legendary in the Master Ball :P

Back
Top Bottom