• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What makes a pop song, a pop song?

What make a pop song a pop song?

• The high register singing

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • The cool sounding music

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • The lyrics

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Baby

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Baby

• Oh

• Total voters
Why the hell is this in Insanity? Did Zoltea not intend a serious discussion? Did he just want people to vote in his stupid poll? :o

That's already been discussed. If a mod has posted in the thread and not moved it, do you think I'm suddenly going to move just because you bring it up (again)?

Think about the poll options, can you actually take that seriously?
One thing about me: unless it's in Laughing Cupboard (sometimes), Coughing Cupboard, or Serious Discussion, you really shouldn't take me too seriously. Due to my lack of seriousness I tend to post a lot in Insanity. :P

lots of autotune and crap. I'm not really a fan of pop music unless it's in japanese.
Lady gaga and Kesha make my ears bleed.

All pop is not the same. It's a fairly diverse genre, actually.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the stuff that comes out now, when it comes to American pop. I do love some of the pop that came out in the 80's, though.

I do like older pop music, but I find modern pop to be sort of... soulless, I guess?

Also, does Britpop qualify as pop or what?

lots of autotune and crap.
Lady gaga and Kesha make my ears bleed.

WHAT :(

First off, when I think of pop music I think of the general sound of the music, not the lyrics or the singing. Right now, mainstream pop songs have an electronic dance-y feel to them, a trend arguably brought back to radios by Lady Gaga and Rihanna. However, if I though of 90's pop music I'd think of something much different. With 2000s pop music I think back Christina Aguilera and early Britney Spears, followed by a powerful urge to vomit.

Pop music is a sound. You can tell rock, country, rap, and R&B apart just by the track itself often times, regardless of singing and subject. Pop music, though, is a very broad kind of sound. You have Lady Gaga and all the dance music on one side, on another you've got Bruno Mars (who is starting to grow on me) and his softer music, and on yet another side you have Rihanna's island-influenced music and you have so many more styles in between them. All of music is a spectrum. There is no definite border between pop music and R&B, or between rock and country.

So there's my long and pointless post about pop songs.

Back
Top Bottom