• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What would you call your hypothetical children?

Male:

Brendan
Lance

Female:

Roxanne

They're the only two names I'll choose and if you don't agree gtfo because they're the only two that match with my last name. D:<

My last name is Schmiedeberg.

Last edited:
Boy:

NORMAL:
Ryan
Trevor
Riley
James
Ashley (what? It can be used as a guy's name!)

FOREIGN:
Fernando
Javier
Vladimir
Shingo
Shigeru

WEIRD NAMES:
Duffelbag
Drifloon

Girl:

NORMAL:
Camilla
Diandra
Jasmine
Juliette (oh man, if only Cirrus read this one)

FOREIGN:
Lorena
Adele
Sakura
Rika

WEIRD NAMES:
Fourteen
Ocean
Tomato

Yes, I'm weird, I know.

apparently my mind is really counting on not ever having male children because I can't find a single male name I like.

as for female, I'm rather fond of Jasmine and Elaine.

and that's about it.

WEIRD NAMES:
Fourteen
Ocean
Tomato

Yes, I'm weird, I know.

Ocean is a more common name than you'd imagine. Slightly chavvy, though.
Fourteen doesn't seem odd to me because I'm so sued to Thirteen form House, but never, ever call a child Tomato. God, don't call an animal that.

okay so I recently met this kid named STORM. No joke, his name was Storm Boris. Anyway, I am so jealous of him, so if I had a male child it would totally be Storm. OR NO. What about Dana? A GREAT NAME. Or Barney? A WONDERFUL NAME. Or Adolf, maybe.

Okay, actually I have no idea. Probably Storm because that name is kick-ass. For a female, I have no idea.

It's awesome.

I also met a kid once named (get this) Angel Slaughter. No joke. He went by the first name Esai. (he was a perfectly nice person if you're wondering)

I know some girls names, like, I dunno, Prudence? Or maybe Gertrude? OH I KNOW, Hortence? What about Grizelda? Oh yeah.

(JOKE)

Girl:
Rose
Zelda
Scout
Dulce
Cassandra (?)

Boy:
Jeremy
Link (...what? XD)
Cat Boy
<(^.^<) (>^.^)> <(^.^<) (>^.^)>

With the second to last one, me and some of my friends were drawing hypothetical. There was Dulce, Cassandra and Cat Boy. A boy with whiskers, a tail and cat ears. And fur. Yes, I'm insane. Not sure about the last one. :sweatdrop:

For boy names I like Cameron. And uh... Luke?

Girls names... Madison, Rosemary, Charlotte, Autumn, Emma. :)

I need to tell someone this and this thread looks decent enough for it.

So this mum wanted to register her five kids with the library today.
She was a cruel, cruel woman. The three boys had normal names; William, something and something else, but the girls were Danyelle (I do not appreciate my name being butchered like that, thank you very much) and - get this - Diamond-Destiny.

Why would someone do that?

ahahahaa Diamond-Destiny that sounds like the name of a bad fanfic or an emo rock band

The other day I was reading Dear Abby (I GET BORED OVER BREAKFAST OKAY) and there was this guy complaining that his dad didn't want him to name his daughter Astrith or something. It started with an A and ended with a th, an it wasn't Aerith, but I can't remember exactly what it was. BUT anyway it was a hideous name, and then Abby was like "don't listen to your dad!" and I wanted to scream "NOOOOOO listen to your dad"
Autumn is a beautiful name, I just realized that after looking at these posts. If I have a girl, that's totally going to be her name.

Something totally foreign/bizarre/generally sexy like Dietrich, Sforza, Lysander, Schuyler, Luca, Callahan, Calhoun, Locke, Fauntleroy, Sergei, Raoul, Leonhart... yes those are pretty much all guys' names but I think guys generally get sexier names than girls do. Yeah, pretty much the only girls' names I like are Adrian and Audrey. Which aren't that unusual. what is this anomaly

But anyway I normally keep lists of sextastic names like those because, since I will have no children to torture embarrass abuse gift them with, I use them for characters in... stuff. Because they can't complain, ahaha.

fyi Ima and Ura Pig are worse than "Diamond-Destiny"

There was no Ura Hogg! (was there?) But there was a relatively famous Ima Hogg.

For god's sake, does the name Ima have any use other than bad puns?

I like the names Cassandra, Alexis, Alexandra and Taylor for girls. I can't think of any for boys, which sucks because I want to have a boy.

In the realm of bad names, I know girls named Treasure and Uniqua. It's very important to their parents that they are special.

Back
Top Bottom