• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What would you do if you were terminally ill?

Realistically speaking, if I were terminally ill I'd probably be confined to a hospital bed for my final days.

So, cough, throw up and bleed, I suppose.
Depends on the illness, and what one mean by 'terminal'. Some terminal patients get to live six months more, and they can move around for a little over half of that time. They do have to take medication, obviously.

Depends on the illness, and what one mean by 'terminal'. Some terminal patients get to live six months more, and they can move around for a little over half of that time. They do have to take medication, obviously.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of "terminal" as in "at death's door". And I mean "at death's door" as in "maybe a few days left". =)

I dunno what I'd do if I had a while to go... sleep lots I suppose, and generally do nothing exciting. All that's really left on my list of stuff I want to do is "meet an Eskimo" and "die alone and unloved", and the last one's very much a foregone conclusion. :3 So it'd be off to Alaska, or wherever they're not called Inuit.

Though I'd almost certainly have to get hold of Dark Shocktail and roll around in a huge amount of candyfloss. I assure you I am quite serious, this would have to be the most epic thing the two of us have ever randomly discussed and I so want to do it.

However, meeting up with epic e-pals is a must. As long as they promise not to catch what I'm dying from :3

Last edited:
Say my goodbyes, write up some big thing on my life and what I'm proud to have achieved, and have all the fun I can. When things begin to get painful and I can see a nasty death dawning on me, bullet through the head I guess. :/

If it was more like six months left of living, I would live like a king, then probably end up dying the same way. I would prefer euthanasia, though; not really a fan of my precious brains going everywhere. :(

That'd be really sad...

If there's a chance for me to live, I'll fight like hell for my life. Every treatment going, no matter how harsh, I'll take it. The only reason I'd refuse is if it would rob me of my dignity or a good quality of life.

If I'm going to die...I won't stay in the hospital. I wouldn't want to spend my final days, or weeks, cooped up in a strange place with god knows what machinery hooked up to me. I'd want to be out. See the world like I dreamed. Try and find all the friends I've made (Mike, if I turn up looking VERY ill, don't worry. Just roll out the candyfloss ^^). See if I can find someone to love but there's no need to push it.

And if my time doesn't run out, I might be able to see all I wanted. Then I'd come home, do the things I used to do. Play video games, listen to music...then sleep.

Depends. If I could still move I'd at least like to visit all my close friends. But that'd involve traveling over England, to Scotland, Oregon and then Chile. >> If at all possible that's what I'd want to do. ;-;

But if I couldn't do that I'd rather someone pop a bullet in my head and get my life over with.

I think I'd have to write about my life, and if nothing else the ideas I had for stories. I'd mop up a few of those minor things as well, and maybe see a bit more of the world.

Then again maybe I should be writing about my life and such anyway.

Suicide is not, however, an option. I will take whatever it thrown at me, and will take it standing (or, probably more accurately, lying in a hospital bed).

Write out exactly what I want to happen at my funeral, down to the songs they'll play. Then visit epic e-pals and spend the rest of my time hanging out with them, if I could.

I'd sleep. The condition of being terminally ill would, logically, absolve me of any educational or character-developing responsibilities intended to prepare me for my future, so I'd finally get a good amount of sleep.

I would pretend nothing was wrong and act like normal, only telling the person I love. I would not want to draw attention to myself or let anyone else know about it. And I would fight my hardest to pull through.

^All this bar the crossed out bits. ("Person I love" just isn't happening. And I wouldn't be so selfish as to rob the world of the joy of my death just when things were looking up. XD)

Of course my family'd have to know, and I might tell some of my really close friends, but I wouldn't have thought I'd want to cause too much fuss.

I would pretend nothing was wrong and act like normal, only telling the person I love. I would not want to draw attention to myself or let anyone else know about it. And I would fight my hardest to pull through.

Or even better, not tell anyone, then if you're perfectly capable of walking around and stuff, make sure you're alone with the person you hate most as often as possible.
Who knows, you might get them in trouble.

Spill all my secrets to my friends, tell my crush I like him etc. I'm a lot more open if no one can comment to me after I die.

Ditto on this, except I already did the second one.

Twice.

Thought of more:

Try the sushi I wanted to taste, but it wouldn't really matter.

Create a masterpiece of art.

How has no one said "have hot kinky sex" yet?

So, yes. Have hot kinky sex.

Back
Top Bottom