• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's Your IQ?

IQ tests also depend on what you're measured against. Someone measured against the background population of the US would have a higher IQ than, say, someone measured against the background population of Oxford University.

IQ's certainly not the be all and end all of intelligence.

I got 136. Which is surprising because I usually get average scores on these tests. D:!

It was all interpretation and math, and I suck at both. XD

Then again, I've always been a all B student in every class except math, which I passed this year with a C-...

I just don't see how math relates to everything like people say it does. Logic, yes. Math, no.

I've only done a few internet ones, but they're always really low; somewhere in the 70s. I'm absolutely hopeless at any kind of mental arithmatic.
I'm not too fussed; I can use a calculator decently enough, and I'd sooner be good with people than with numbers :D
Same here. I mean, why do they ask you so many math questions? Just because you suck at math, doesn't mean you're not intelligent. And I really suck at all those: "If blah is better than bleep, and whatever is worse than blah, then is bleep better than whatever?" questions. I HATE those, my mind is just too slow to think about it, it'd take me like seriously, 10 minutes to figure it out. They confuse the hell out of me.

I'm surprised at my result, 119. I didn't know most of the questions, I just answered true to most of them. But I don't see this test as very accurate, nor do I believe that intelligence can be measured in numbers.

If blah is better than bleep, and whatever is worse than blah, then is bleep better than whatever?

I just clicked random answers on those. :P

Screw spending an hour trying to figure out if Jane is taller than Joe when I could be spending that hour actually doing something.

Yes, sleeping counts as something.

And I really suck at all those: "If blah is better than bleep, and whatever is worse than blah, then is bleep better than whatever?" questions. I HATE those, my mind is just too slow to think about it, it'd take me like seriously, 10 minutes to figure it out. They confuse the hell out of me.

Haha, I was talking to my sister about IQ tests earlier and I was describing the questions like that; "If Harry is three times taller than Sam who is half as short as Fred and his second cousin Alex is 5'3", what did Susan have for lunch?"

I've never met any of these people ;~;

Same here. I mean, why do they ask you so many math questions? Just because you suck at math, doesn't mean you're not intelligent. And I really suck at all those: "If blah is better than bleep, and whatever is worse than blah, then is bleep better than whatever?" questions. I HATE those, my mind is just too slow to think about it, it'd take me like seriously, 10 minutes to figure it out. They confuse the hell out of me.

I'm surprised at my result, 119. I didn't know most of the questions, I just answered true to most of them. But I don't see this test as very accurate, nor do I believe that intelligence can be measured in numbers.

When in doubt, answer true! Twas what I did. And I know that IQ can't be measured in numbers but its just curious to see what you get and stuff.

internet tests are utter bullshit (with the possible exception of that one test on the MENSA website since I presume they know what they're talking about).

that said, IQ in general is a pretty terrible idea to begin with since it tests a very limited field of capabilities.

And I know that IQ can't be measured in numbers but its just curious to see what you get and stuff.

what. I think you mean intelligence can't be measured in numbers?

It's strange how I normally get the same range of scores on every IQ test I take. I took one elsewhere and got a 140. I trust that IQ Test the most since it's, supposedly, "the best there is!". In other words, this IQ Test declares that I am a genius. Eh, I wouldn't go to those extremes.

Err I saw this post on Lugia's Island before it went downhill and I planned to make it a year ago but kept forgetting. Anyways, you basically go to an IQ site such as Test Cafe and just take an IQ test. It probabaly should be known that these tests aren't always accurate or something like that but its an estimate or something. So it can be really low or high depending on what you do.

Anyways, I got a 122 which I think is really good compared to what I do at school but again it may not be accurate but I think its safe to assume that it should be somewhere around this. So give it a try and be truthful.

I used to have a therapist and he said is was 184. And plus, you would not believe how much stuff Lugia's Island stole from Butterfree.

I hate IQs with a fiery passion. I hate the 'Able, Gifted and Talented' list at school, I hate all this sort of crap that like to lump 'geniuses' together and 'smart' and 'stupid' and all this utter shit, I really do.

I don't care what mine is, because the results to these tests will just have no impact whatsoever. The only thing that could possibly have any accuracy is the IQ test thing that happens annually on British TV, that I like to do, but I only ever get about 90 or 100 and yeah, not trying to be vain/arrogant here or anything, but if you're going by these tests, I am not 90 OR 100.

I just hate IQs full stop. In fact, anyone who says 'well MY IQ is 140' to me at school, acting like they're somehow cleverer than me because some internet test told them that, instantly gets deducted 50 IQ points. :D

I got 134 on that other test, which is rather mental considering pretty much everyone on this thread got over 100. I'm not saying there are stupid people on TCoD, but isn't around 90 to 100 or something supposed to be average?

Last edited:
Ugh, I woudn't believe in that stuff if I were you. Internet IQ test are as accurate as a liars lie. You can't measure intelligence in numbers since you can't ask every question in the world.And because someone sucks at math doesn't mean their not smart.

I'm not saying there are stupid people on TCoD, but isn't around 90 to 100 or something supposed to be average?
Around 100 is average but having an IQ of 90 means the person's pretty fucking stupid.

I don't know I suppose I have like 30 or something.

Ugh, I woudn't believe in that stuff if I were you. Internet IQ test are as accurate as a liars lie. You can't measure intelligence in numbers since you can't ask every question in the world.And because someone sucks at math doesn't mean their not smart.
Thanks for the deep thought, but chances are if someone takes it seriously like you seem to imply they do, they're not going to get a very high score anyway.

I got a 159 on the detailed IQ test on TestCafe, which proves how inaccurate it is.

Took the emotion test thing. My weakest thing:

Social Awareness
Recognizing your emotional strengths is equally important. For example, strong assertiveness can be positive, assuming you are not domineering in conversations and relationships. Strong empathy can be beneficial, as long as you don't put the interests of others before your own well-being. Moderation is the key to successfully handling your emotions.

Strongest is empathy.

Back
Top Bottom