• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open When the Worlds Need Us

((Due to MG's departure, I am taking steps to alter the fate of his character))

Overwhelmed by the sheer number of attacks, the last Dragon smashed into the ground, whereupon it exploded in a burst of dark energy. All that was left was a very, very irate Hidan, charging at the scene of the battle.

"Damn it, I thought you said we could win!" he screamed, "You told me that these heathens would taste the judgment of Jashin. What have they gotten so far? Not a goddamn thing!"

That is, as they say, the point, the leader's voice echoed in Hidan's mind, they have not gained anything. Nothing at all.

"They're still at an advantage over us," he snarled, "or did you forget that one of their number has two of the pieces?"

And do you see that one right now?

Hidan scanned the crowd. Much to his surprise, the one called Lazarus was not among them.

"You mean you-"

Will now be returning you to base with Emergency Teleport. Inform Galacta Knight that he must return as well.

Hidan turned to look at the white-armored warrior, who was perched on top of the blue-colored base. "Hey, Galacta! The boss wants you to return to the base immediately! Without any sort of-"

The last word was stretched into "Deeeeelaaaayyyy" as Hidan was teleported back into the cave.
----
Bonecrusher and Ravage had watched this exchange, though since the voice in Hidan's head could not be heard by anyone sans him, to the two machines it looked like he was talking to himself.

"I don't quite understand that fleshling," Bonecrusher mused, "he takes a laser through the heart, a bunch of bullets through the chest and survives, seems magnetically attached to that scythe in the loosest possible use of the word, and keeps ranting off about a Jashin."

"Some fleshlings aren't made right, I suppose," Ravage noted, "Though if you ask me, I think this one's worse than mos-"

"Where is he?"

Ravage looked up at Bonecrusher. "Where's who?"

"It just occurred to me that the one that first arrived at the tree in that plain isn't here. Where'd he go?"

Ravage, for the life of him, had no answer.

Last edited:
((It's OK, I am too used to being ignored in these sorts of scenes. Perhaps my notoriety is not high enough. Sorry about that, what was going to be a day trip turned out to be an overnight stay up in Dallas. But really... what do I do now? D=))

"Well... that was a tough one.", Caeda said, touching down, "Dragons and demons, this seems like it'll be messy..."

"All systems operational.", KOS-MOS simply reported.

"Come to think of it... We aren't any closer to finding those things we came to look for, are we?", Caeda then asked.

Cecil ducked. Then suddenly, he felt himself land on the ground. Hard. Infront of him, the last dragon slammed into the ground and was blown to smithers by another volly of shots. "Ouch..." Cecill stood up. "Hey, Lazarus, should we start looking for them pieces again now?"
No answer. "Lazarus?"
Still nothing. "Where the hell has he gone?" Cecill wondered aloud.

~~~

Vileplume smiled. "Yeah, I know Sunny Day, but I never really practised it so it doesn't last very long. I know some people use Heat Stones or something like that to make it last longer, but I don't have one. Thats too bad that you're only 17, I think my old trainer said you evolve at 34 or something...or was that when you learned Flamethrower? Eh, I can't remember." He turned around and rummaged through his bag. "Oran?" he asked the Charmeleon

Ravage opened his mouth to answer Caeda, when suddenly it dawned on him.

"Oh, slag," he said, "we've been outplayed."

"What do you mean?"

"This place doesn't have a gear," he realized, "or any other part. It never did. This particular world was just used as a distraction so that whoever is working against us could take Lazarus."

"You're going under the assumption that those who took Lazarus knew that this place didn't have a part to the machine," Bonecrusher pointed out, "and that they knew we were coming here. It seems that this has been more of a contrived coincidence than anything else."

"It wouldn't matter if it was just a contrived coincidence. They could have taken Lazarus no matter which world we went to. The only thing coincidental about the whole thing was that this place didn't have a part."

"Again, that's assuming we haven't missed it in our searches."

"You can't be serious," Ravage stated, "we're all thorough searchers, or at least that's what I can tell. There is now way that we could have missed the part in a place like this."

"That's true, but... when could it have happened?"

"When doesn't matter. What matters now is that the enemy now has at least two parts. We need to figure out another world to go to." He turned to his allies. "Any suggestions?"

"Were I come from would take forever to search. People try to fly to every planet, but they don't even visit a quarter of them. And, don't forget, if we did go to my world, we'd have to search all the planets as well. So that's a no-go." Cecill shook his head. "I have no idea..."

~~~

"Hey, I know! Why don't we go to Kanto! If we stuck to the well-developed paths, it'd take anywere between a few days and a couple week, so it wouldn't be that long!" Vileplume declared.

Cecill stood up. "What the hell did he just say?" Cecill asked. "Cos it sounded like he was just yelling "Plume Vile!" over and over to me. And anyway, when'd he get here?"

Vileplume sighed. "Obviously these people don't speak Pokémon..."

"It is not feasible to search my dimension of origin.", KOS-MOS reiterated, "Many inhabited planets would have to be investigated, and possibly even inhostpitable worlds. Also, the Gnosis would pose a threat unless we acquire a suitable means of space transport."

"Archanea might be an alright place to look.", Caeda suggested, "But we can't exactly search an entire continent, can we?"
After that, she noticed a newcomer in the group, resembling a walking flower. It didn't seem to say anything but 'vile' and 'plume'.
"Awww, aren't you cute?", Caeda told it, walking over, "You're certainly not vile, hehe."

Scanning... Lifeform is botanical in nature.
"I have detected a level of weak toxins in the botanical lifeform. Exercise caution.", KOS-MOS warned.

Caeda took a half-step back, but looked on skeptically.

Vileplume looked at the person looking down on him "Hi! I'm Vileplume! I'm a Grass/Poison type but I only poison people I don't like. So unless you make me angry you'll be fine."

Cecill steped in. "Again, stop saying Vile Plume and talk, goddamnit!"

Gohan turned to the man on the ground, holding out his hand as if to help him up. "Sorry 'bout that, but I suppose it was better than the other option..." Gohan turned to the robots. "Um, I could ask King Kai if he can sense any parts or something."

"Oh, yes, I'd love an oran berry. I've been counting the level's to my evolution and I think you're about right."

Clara accepted the berry and munched on it, enjoying the energy that washed through her body.

"Ah, yes. I would love to go home to Kanto. Home for many of us, actually. Vileplume, there's actually another trainer here."

Clara watched amusedly and slightlyy annoyed as Cecil angrily complained about Vileplume.

"Oh, do you not speak human, Vileplume? Perhaps I can translate. Vileplume suggests we go to Kanto, on which I agree. He says hi. On the toxin thing, he is a grass/poison type. It is natural for the poison to be in his body. He will not harm anyone. Anything else to say, Vileplume?"

Translating. Not too hard, though it could get irritating.

"Kanto?" Ravage said as the lizard creature translated for the flower, "What sort of place is this 'Kanto?'"

"With any luck, it will be a place that we can blend in enough to find the part of the machine - assuming there is one - and avoid any psychopathic fleshling and his army of otherworldly creatures," Bonecrusher muttered, "I'd hate to go through all of this yet again"
----
At the cave once again, Hidan returned form the teleportation to find his leader, still seated at the chair as if nothing had ever happened.

"Now where the hell is it?"

The being turned to face Hidan.

"Lazarus? He is... indisposed. All that matters is that we now have these," the being said, opening his palm to reveal the two gears Lazarus had been carrying.

"Oh, good," Hidan snarled sarcastically, "that brings our count to three. Woop-de-f-"

"And, lest you forget, that's three more than they have," the being pointed out, "If we can simply continue to follow them, we can gather the remaining parts with ease."

"Two questions, then. First, how the hell do you expect to follow them to the other worlds? They'll be looking out after your Infernities showed up and blasted the two-fort to hell. Second, who the hell are you sending after them? They've seen me; one look at me and they'll know to expect."

The being stood up from the table, and Hidan got a good look at his face, hidden under a hood for about half an instant. Then, his face became hidden by darkness once again.

"For the first, we will be using the same modus operandi that we have been using to track their movements. As for the second... I have some other experts ready and waiting for my signal."

There was a pause, and then, Hidan realized who he was talking about.

"You sent those two?!"

"Oh, it's a wonderful place. Kanto is my home, though I haven't traveled much. It's kind of a grassland, though it has forests and such. There's a volcano too. I don't know much though, what about you, Vileplume? Uh, I'm not sure how the locals would react to people who don't look like pokemon or humans. Also, we battle a lot, it's an important part of Kanto, but I don't think it would matter that much. Any help, Vile?" Clara rambled.

Hey, what about Zero?

"Could you help with this, Zero?"

I'm pretty lost.

The speech pattern of the botanical creature made no sense to KOS-MOS, but the fact that another of the group, a reptile with a burning tail, could render the plant's speech into intelligible words indicated that they were intelligent and probably self-aware.
"As long as we are capable of searching the area in a reasonable manner," KOS-MOS told them, "I have no objections."

"Well there are poisonous plants everywhere, I suppose.", Caeda said to the lizard, "But anyway, it sounds like a... normal place, well, the environment, at least. But... battle? Is your homeland usually in a state of warfare or something?"

"Nonono!" Vileplume shook his head "It's not constant war! The wild Pokémon fight to protect territory and stuff, the trained ones battle so that their trainers can get these badge things and go to a big leauge and everything. And if we went there, they wouldn't come near us, not with them around." He pointed his tiny arm at the giant tan robot. "Nope, they'd come nowhere near, except the ghosts, who are just plain stupid, and some of the crazier psychics, but they arn't really that tough, all the strong psychics are in that big city...er...Shefron? Wait, Saffron, that's it!"

Cecill listened in. "Hey, KOS-MOS, can't you find this speach pattern? You found theirs" He pointed at Bonecrusher. "So can't you find his? Or hers, even, if the plant is a girl...wait, does it even have a gender?"

"This speech pattern is unfamiliar.", KOS-MOS replied, "Nothing resembling it can be found on the U.M.N. database. Also, the speech appears to consist of two syllables, implying that it is more akin to gutteral sounds made by animals. As for your second inquiry, I speculate that as a botanical life form, it should have a gender, like any plant."

"Well, whatever it is," Caeda added, "It doesn't smell like a flower. In fact, it's kinda smelly... But anyway, it sounds rather enthusiastic. And at least we have someone here that can understand it."

"Well, it's a start, I guess. I'm thinking we should go back to that tree, figure out a plan and stuff. Then get moving again." Cecill nodded. "So...Bonecrusher, was it? Shall we leave now?"

"Yeahyeahyeah! More exploring for me, whee!" Vileplume danced around for a bit, but then he realised everyone was looking at him. He cowered down behind his petals. "Can we hurry up and go?"

Arctus saw the last beast change to light and turned to the two mechanical beings. he moved over and spoke in a whisper, "Look, you two seem to be able to record and study information. I need you to study something." He moved back a bit and manipulated the shadows in front of him to change into the monster he had fought earlier, he showed a black and white animation of the beetle chaging into dust and the black star. As the animation ended he stepped forward and let out a breath, that always drained him. "The Black star you saw is known as an Igneria on my world. It's created when a being dies, the black hole at the centre of my world changes their body to dust and their soul to a star. Do either of you have an explanation for why that beetle changed into an Igneria here when there is no force to make it do so?"

((If we ever go to Arctus's world: the body feels like its being split in two when death comes or is near, just saying.))

Bonecrusher took one look at the one Ravage identified as Arctus and muttered a string of offensive Cybertronian. Ravage chose not to translate, instead saying: "What I'm more concerned about is the fact that those 'Igneria' then became those green rings, and how those things combined with the larger demons - come to think of it, those demons also had 'Igneria' when entering the rings - and then became that Dragon."

"And then there was that chanting," Bonecrusher noted, "As far as I could tell, it wasn't coming from that fleshling with the scythe, but there was nobody else in the vicinity that could be chanting like that."

"We can worry about the chant later," Ravage said. Switching back to English, he added: "To answer your question, my best guess is that whoever was controlling those things forced them to become 'Igneria.' Chances are it was that fleshling with the scythe."

Ravage then heard Cecill ask if they were ready. "Yeah, we'll open up another Space Bridge. As with before, just hold still."

The Constructicon activated his transceiver, seeking out a signal.

"This is Constructicon Bonecrusher, requesting Space Bridge to location Kanto. Please respond with-"

He never even got a confirmation response. Instead, the nimbus of blue lightning began to build around Bonecrusher again. The Space Bridge was on its way.

Gohan listened in to the conversations of the odd plant, the fire lizard, the alien who ignored him, the one with the floaty things around it, and the two robots. Especially the two robots, in fact, because they were making another 'space bridge'. Gohan thought that was nice, because teleporting does take a lot out of a guy. He was instantly struck by the blue lightning, sending him through inter-dimensional space. In a matter of seconds, Gohan was a few feet off of the ground of a burnt Island, with only a few buildings still standing.

"No, no, not battle, battle. It's recreational. Trainers train pokemon and then we battle others to earn badges and compete in tournaments. I'll explain more later, since were leaving. Vile, we're about to get struck by lightning, but don't worry. It's not going to hurt. Just stay still."

The lightning rumbled, sending a little bit of fear even though Clara knew it didn't hurt that much.

Not going to hurt. It's not going to hurt.

Clara stiffened when the lightning struck her, this time it was actually fun.

The energy! Even though it doesn't hurt!

The charmeleon was confused for a moment, as she was in nowhere or something like that, but soon she fell down on an island, burnt and desolated.

I even landed on my feet! This is starting to be fun! But where is this, Cinnabar, maybe?

"Hey, I think we're in Cinnabar!"

Clara saw the vast expanse of water around her, though, and suddenly the burnt island wasn't so nice.

How am I going to get off?

Bonecrusher and Ravage were both struck by the blue lightning, throwing them through space until they both were catapulted onto an island. Ravage barely had enough time to shift into reentry mode and start flying upon leaving the portal, and Bonecrusher didn't even get that time and was forcibly slammed onto the ground.

What neither of them realized was that another black spider was still hiding at 2fort. This spider, like all of the others, had been relaying information to the spider queen at the cave. This particular spider was able to relay where they were going moments before it was blasted by the blue lightning. Unlike all the others, who would be transported, this spider disintegrated into black dust.

But its job had been done.
----
The information relayed by the spider didn't take long to reach the cave. The being and Hidan both watched as the spider was disintegrated after being hit by the lightning.

"I guessed as much," the being said, "My spider are technically dead in all sense of the word, so they could not be transported by their means. Not that it matters, since we now know where they are going."

"Kanto? I've never heard of it," Hidan said, "but it sounds like it would be filled with many heathens to sacrifice to Jashin-"

"Which is exactly why you aren't going," the being stated, "as I said, I've already positioned the other two to go. Even now, they are being sent to Kanto via Aport, same as you."

"Do you think they can find the part?"

"Can they? Yes, as they have even greater motivation than even you have in my service. Will they? That remains to be seen. Either way, I am going to wait a while before sending them help. They are far more... capable than you are, Hidan."

Back
Top Bottom