• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open When the Worlds Need Us

Pursuit would've been a trivial matter, as the lone warrior was having difficulty flying. However, Caeda didn't want to do that, at least, right this moment. A group down below appeared to be charging some sort of attack, and she didn't want to get caught in the crossfire. Also, Caeda was still pondering what this lone warrior was doing attacking their group.

KOS-MOS's visuals picked up the winged creature attempting to flee. She lined up another cannon shot. However, at least 6 humanoids appeared to block her view of the small target. Moving her sight around, there wasn't a particularly good spot to easily hit the hostile. Quickly picking the line with the smallest possibility of hitting the others, she fired.

Ravage didn't think it would be necessary to fire off any more weapons after the thing, considering it had several other of his allies chasing after it. Just to ensure that the thing would be surrounded on all sides by enemies and their attacks, he sent a volley of missiles after the thing.

"Don't you think that was a little unnecessary?" Bonecrusher pointed out, "Those could do more harm than good."

"Given how tenacious that thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if it survived everything thrown at it. I'm just giving it a little more to think about."
----
Meta and Washington had just reached the city gates when Washington's attention was caught by a series of noises. The Freelancer turned around and saw, much to his surprise, Galacta Knight being pursued by several of the beings that they had encountered previously at the shoreline.

Washignton's surprise at the spectacle was broken by some more of the Meta's snarling.

"No, I'm not helping him. He said that if we interfered, we would be the ones that would get hurt. Something tells me that if we go now, it's only going to cause more harm than good."

Some growls. "He didn't say anything about keeping him alive. In fact, he didn't say anything at all about helping him. He said that he would be helping us. And he has. Now let's go."

Still cloaked, the Meta walked through the city gates. Washington followed suit, not once looking back.

Galacta Knight's wing had begun to give him trouble again. He faltered and fell slightly to one side, at which point five beams of light collided at his previous location. One that was furthest out grazed his other wing.

Now aware of his pursuers, he tried to quicken his pace, only to be shot in the back with a cannon shell. After that, he did indeed manage to pick up speed, at the same time losing control of his flight.

Great, now I am over the city, quickly appearing as though I'm about to crash. He then heard a distinct whistling noise from behind him. And there are missiles about to converge on me. It was only after he thought this that he remembered to do something about it in a hurry. Veering sharply to the left before he flew over the first buildings, his right wing completely lost the ability to suspend. Spiralling, he overshot the gate building and went crashing into the sea just west of the city.

A few seconds later he surfaced, gurgling and spitting as he fought to stay afloat. He splashed his way to the edge of the inclined strip of land. Once he climbed out of the water, soaked and dripping, he was so dizzy from the crash and everything before it that he found it difficult to stand. It was, in fact, quite a steep incline. Thankful for the lack of spectators (as far as he knew), he went to take a step and found himself taking a tumble. Flat on his back at the bottom of the hill, he took a dizzying plunge into unconsciousness.

Vile quickly wiggled out of the ground, completly unaware of the danger he'd just been in.
"That was fun! Are we gunna go to Fushia now? I want to speak to my friend Mrs Roo, she lives in Fushia zoo! Hey, that rhymed!"
~~~
Cecill was about to shoot the thing again, but after noticing the amount of projectiles going after it, he decided against it. "So, since he's out of the way, are we going to be off?"

"Yeah," Ravage said after a moment's thought. "We'll need to move quickly, though. I suspect that whatever that thing was, it was used for a similar purpose that those demonic things were: a mere distraction."

"If that is true, then I have my suspicions about what it was distracting for," Bonecrusher mused, "Ravage, we need to talk."
----
Washington and Meta were already inside the city gates when they saw a defeated Galacta Knight crash-land to the west of the city. The two of them quickly ran into an ally, at which point the Meta decloaked and growled.

"For the last time, we aren't going to go look for him," Wash said, exasperated, "I don't even know why you're so concerned. You don't usually care about anyone besides yourself."

A few slow, quiet growls. "Okay, I admit that he might be a bit unhappy about that," Washington admitted, "but, we'll remind him that it was Galacta's choice from the beginning to tackle all of those opponents at once. He knows that you and I wouldn't have taken such extreme measures. Right?"

A few resigned snarls. "I thought so. Now let's split up. You'll handle the main sections, and I'll go for the outskirts. Keep your cloaking on at all times, and radio me if there's anything noteworthy."

The Meta gave off an irritated growl before turning invisible once again. Washington, meanwhile, went on the move after Meta had cloaked, but stayed in the ally he was in.

Clara smiled as the attacker stumbled off, chased by some of her allies.
We won!
Clara grinned once more when the experience washed through her, giving her more power and rejuvenating her.
I leveled up! Level 18 now!
“Hey, Vileplume, I leveled up! Let’s go to Fuschia!”
There are probably trainers there. If I have a trainer of my own, I can earn money and win gym badges and buy the leveling up candy.
Perhaps the Gohan boy will be compliant? I will not take being in a pokeball, but I’m sure other trainers do that. Maybe just saying that he is my trainer will be enough.
Clara waited for the boy to return, pondering how she would get the most battling and experience.

Last edited:
Cecill walked into the town. Suddenly, a woman screamed from across the road. "TEAM ROCKET! RUN!" She quickly ran down the street, while another man opened a small red ball, similar to the ones Zero had. It opened and revealed what appeared to be a giant frog with a plant on its back. "Go on, call out your Pokémon, you theif!" The man called.

~~~

"Lets go lets go lets go!" Vile called. He was about to run into town when he saw a man send out a Ivysaur. "Hey, Clara, look! An Ivysaur. And his trainer is battling him!" He pointed to Cecill. "Does he even have Pokémon, though?"

There was a harsh glow as nanomachines transformed KOS-MOS's cannon arm back into a normal hand again.
"The enemy has fled.", she reported, "Should we pursue?"

Caeda's pegasus landed and she hopped off.
"No.", she replied, "Well, maybe. I dunno. Did any of you see which way he ran?"

"I don't think I would be necessary," Ravage said, "you saw how weak that thing was; we'd be better off leaving it be," he turned to Bonecrusher, "okay, so what was it that you needed to talk to me about?"

"When you first got to this beach, what other than that flying thing did you see?"

Ravage thought it over for a moment. "Nothing," he said at last, "there were a few blips on my radar, but I assumed that they were caused by some birds or something of the like."

"They weren't. Right before that thing charged us, I saw two armored beings that were the approximate size and shape of fleshlings. Before I had a chance to point them out, they both left the beach, and one of them... vanished."

"Vanished?'

"Yeah, I think it had some sort of cloaking device. It was just there one moment, and gone the next. But the point that I've been trying to make here is that this is what they were-"

"Distracting for!" Ravage realized, "We need to get moving then; those two probably got a head start for the part."

"Yes, assuming that they were working with that thing. Regardless, we need to get moving."

Clara saw the perfect oppurtunity to battle and gain experience when an ivysaur came out.

I even have a type advantage! This shall be easy.

"I dunno, Vile. He might not have pokemon. We could pretend to be his. If we say we are his pokemon then we can battle and win money! Even buy the leveling up candy!"

Clara ran towards the flowering lizard, contemplating her stategies.

Perhaps I should use Dragon dance then fire off boosted firepunches?

"Hey! I'm gonna go fight! You wanna come?"

When she reached Cecill, she whispered to him to clarify.

"In Kanto trainers catch pokemon like me and Vile to train them. We fight with other people to earn money. You shall pretend to be my trainer and I will fight this ivysaur."

Clara yelled out to the enemy trainer.

"I shall fight your ivysaur, and after this or around that time vileplume may battle as well!"

She decided to wait for the trainer's responce before attacking.

"Decide how much you will pay us when we win now!"

"What the? A talking Charmeleon? I bet Officer Jenny would be interested to see what you did to that Pokémon!" The man yelled. "I will, out of respect, pay you $2000 if you beat me. Not like you will, hehe. Lets make it interesting though, lets make it a double battle! Golduck, get ready!"
Cecill stared at the man. "Ooookay....Go, guys!"

~~~

Vile nodded as the Charmeleon went to step in. "Ooookay....Go, guys!" He looked up again. The other guy had made it a double battle. "Ok then, I'll use Sunny Day so that Golduck is weaker and Clara is stronger. Hehe!" He shot a ball of red energy into the sky, making it warm once again. "Hey, Heracross, my Sunny Day doesn't last very long, could you use yours if you see mine fading? Thanks!" He turned back to the opponent's Pokémon. "Bring it on!"

"YEAH!"

Clara cheered as the sun strengthened.

"Good idea, Vile! But if Heracross joins in, wouldn't that be a triple battle?"

"Do you want to make it a triple battle, trainer?"

Clara made a slow and careful dragon dance, then charged at Golduck with a thunderpunch.

Should I use a firepunch? It's boosted, but not very effective...

The charmeleon followed up with a firepunch with her left hand.

"Hey, Vile! What about Solarbeam? It's super effective against Golduck, and then we can get Ivysaur!"

Two thousand? Will those buy me levelling up candies?

Gohan flew over to the group where the battle was commencing. Deciding that the others could handle themselves, he stood in place as a mere spectator.

-------------------

Jim followed the boy as he flew towards the first pokémon battle they'd seen since they'd been here. At the Vileplume's request for support, Jim conjured up a ball of energy, immediately throwing it into the air. "It should last for a while now!" he shouted, watching in awe as the Golduck got its bill handed to it by a fire type.

Vile nodded, and aimed the ball of energy. He fired it. It flew straight over Clara's shoulder and slammed into Golduck's face. The duck fell over, fainted. He turned to the Ivysaur. "Huh...I don't have any super effective moves, can't use my Poison Berries, lemme see..." He drove his arm into his berry bag and yanked out a redish rock with rubies sticking out. "Huh? What's this thing? It seems pretty hot...let's try!" He flung the Heat Rock at Ivysaur. "Haha, eat that Ivysaur!"

~~~

"Arn't you gunna command your-" The man was about to say "Pokémon" but at that moment his Golduck was hit and knocked out. "Woah...Ivysaur, use Sleep Powder on the Charmeleon, before it gets you!" The plant turned to Clara and was about to puff out the powder, when a very warm chunk of rock hit it in the side of the head. It fell over, the powder flying over to his trainer, who instantly fell asleep upon contact with the spores.
"Ok, guys, finish him off!" Cecill called to Clara and Vile. He decided to ask Clara and the beetle guy what their moves were, if he was to be their "Trainer" then he'd need to know the basics.

Clara chuckled at the man's fall, smiling even more at the fact that the sleep powder was meant for her.

Fool! Trying to sleep me!

She ran at the ivysaur with a firepunch, hitting in the face and picking up Vileplume's rock.

It feels warm. Perhaps it will enhance my powers? Items are known to do that.

The charmeleon gripped the heat rock, firing a firepunch again with her other hand.

It doesn't really feel that boosted. Maybe the boosts are miniscule?

Either way, the ivysaur couldn't take the hit. It fell to the ground, fainted.

Experience! Level me up!

It didn't feel like a level up, though.

Perhaps next time?

Clara stared at the trainer who currently was irritatingly snoozing. It wasn't so funny now.

"So, Vileplume, what do we do? Mug him?"

Clara laughed, then turned more serious.

"But seriously, how are we getting our two thousand dollars?"

Last edited:
((Double posted, dragonair))

"Well...we could just take him to the Pokémon Centre and wake him up there" He grabbed the man and put him on his back. Then, he grabbed the Berry Bag. "Ok, the Pokémon Centre is up that ledge...how do we get up there?" Vile asked, pointing with his free hand to a ledge at least three metres high.

~~~

Cecill heard Clara say something about mugging the guy, but before he could act, Vile had grabbed the man and indicated a red-roofed building which supposedly was where they could wake him up. "Ok, anyone know how we get up there?"

Jim finally saw something to do when he noticed the other three trying to figure out how to get up on a ledge. Jim pointed his left thumb at himself and his right index finger at Gohan. "We can fly you up there." he said proudly, flying over and picking up the man from Vile's back on one hand and the armored man in the other.

--------

Gohan flinched as a finger was quickly pointed at him not even inches away. Wanting to get moving as quickly as possible, he flew over, stuck one palm to the fire lizard, one to the walking flower, and teleported to the red-topped building.

Clara nodded and grabbed Gohan's hand as he teleported to the center.

How did I not think of that?

Clara gestured to the unconscious man Heracross was carrying.

"I'll take him,"

Clara picked up the man and walked through the glass doors of the Pokemon Center. The charmeleon walked to the Joy and cleared her throat.

"Ahem. Me and Vileplume were double batttling with this boy and his Ivysaur accidently used sleep powder on him. He is unconscious. Also, he owes us two thousand dollars."

Clara deposited the man roughly on the ground, but he reamained asleep.

Man, he can really sleep.

((Someone play Joy, maybe?))

"Oh...ah...I see. Just a moment please." She turned and stuck her head through a door. "Chansey, Chansey! We have a sleeping trainer out here!" An egg-like creature ran through the door, jumped the desk, grabbed the man and jumped back over the desk before Cecill could open his mouth.
"We'll need to take him to surgery, the spores may suffocate him otherwise. I will give you your money, do you have your trainer card?"

Vile thrust a hand into his bag and took out a trainer card. Nurse Joy took it and put it in a small bank machine with the man's trainer card. "Ok, here we go." She handed the card back. "Do either of you need healing?"

((Wait a sec, I'm kind of confused by your description. Wouldn't Cecill not have a card since we're only pretending to be his pokemon? Clara decided to pretend he was to get experience and money. Or did Vileplume take the boy's trainer card and then Joy handed the cash to Vile? Could you clarify? Am I just being easily confused? Sorry if I'm being annoying, I know I'm probably equally confusing sometimes.))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom