• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open When the Worlds Need Us

((Well Vile has a habit of collecting things, so when he found a trainer card, he decided to keep it. That is what the money is on.))

Washington and Meta had split up after the commotion in the streets, which only a few of the local civilians had payed heed to. From what Wash could tell, this was something commonplace in this world.

He had crept the length of several buildings before his radio went off. He acknowledged the signal, and was met with the all-too familiar voice of his employer.

"Agent Washington, would you be so kind as to inform me where Galacta Knight is?"

Washington barely restrained his annoyed sigh. "As far as I know, he's drowning himself at the bottom of the ocean. Does that satisfy you?"

There was a brief pause. "No, Washington, it doesn't. Why, pray tell, might he be drowning?"

The Freelancer didn't have time for this. Moving along the city's outskirts, he said, "Galacta engaged a group of hostiles that had somehow teleported to the shoreline. In the ensuing battle, he was knocked to what I could tell was a nearby ocean. I don't know what happened after that, but it's not really my-"

"Oh, but it is your problem," the voice on the other end noted, "it will be your problem so long as you want to learn of what I know. It will remain your problem until you find Galacta Knight, and at least inform me if he is alive or not."

Washington started to say something, but then realized that his employer wouldn't listen. He changed his direction from moving toward the eastern outskirts to moving toward the west, where he had seen Galacta's trajectory.

As this was happening, a huge, tan vehicle burst through the gate to the city, and on top of said vehicle was the mechanical cat that had flown to the beach. Washington paid it no heed, and instead began to run to the western gate.

Clara watched confusedly as Vileplume pulled out a trainer card from his bag.

Where'd he get that? I hope Joy doesn't ask Cecill anything that he wouldn't know... That could blow our cover.

Clara looked back up at Joy.

"No, I'm fine. None of us really got hit by any attacks. But, do you have any idea where to buy the leveling up candies? Will two thousand be enough?"

And evolving? What about that?

"Also, you have a gym here, do you not? What levels are the pokemon there? I'm level
18. I evolve at 32, I believe."

Yes. That is correct.

"Most Charmeleon evolve at level thirty-six. As for the candies you speak of, they do not sell them, as the manafacturers have yet to reach a deal with PokéMart National. The Gym's Pokémon are around level thirty to level forty. Is that all?"

"Eh...yeah, thank you" Cecill nodded, turned, and strode outside to where Jim and Gohan were waiting. "Thank the Emperor she didn't ask about my armor." He turned when he noticed Bonecrusher smash the gate. "Hey, guys, I think something's up!" He jumped from the ledge, hit the ground and rolled. "Oof... hey guys, you coming?"

"Okay. Do you know any other place to get them?"

Clara was frustrated, but she kept it in.

So. I guess I'll have to really search.

Clara saw Cecill leave, considering her options.

Should I leave too, or should I chat with Joy some more?

I don't have that many other questions, so I'll just wait.

Moonwing looked over to notice that there were two creatures who looked almost like they were from her world going over to battle. As she watched, she saw that the concept was similar to how battles worked where she was from; the two sides would exchange attacks and items until one side lost all their usable creatures. Interest piqued in her; there also appeared to be different status issues like sleep, which was being demonstrated. But the battle was over quickly, and she nodded. She wasn't sure how that was relevant to finding the parts other than making her allies stronger.

She looked over to the robot-type people who seemed rather stressed. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

((Ignore the last part if I was reading your post wrong, Exo-Raikou. Honestly I don't really know who is who here... xD))

Off on his own, the Meta had begun to search in the city's northern area, going right past several civilians that didn't even hear him move. it wasn't long before he entered an area marked: Safari Zone: Closed Down due to violent surges of pokemon. Meta, however, did not notice this; he was too intent on his search.

It was perfect, this feeling of hunting. The Meta hadn't felt this good since his search for the Alpha. Already, he was beginning to pick up a reading similar to the one the gear had given off earlier. If he could lock onto it, he could track it to the source, which could likely be the next part.

So intent was the Meta on doing such a task that it failed to notice several massive, horned beasts sneaking up behind him. These gigantic creatures had sensed Meta's entrance into their territory, and he, focused on finding the part, had not picked up on their approach, despite the slow blip on his motion tracker.

With a swiftness that contrasted their massive frames, the beasts charged at Meta.
----
Ravage looked down from his perch at Moonwing. "We have reason to believe that the winged thing we saw earlier has some friends, and he was just acting as a distraction for them. Like back at the two-fort with the demonic creatures."

"Granted, we didn't get a good look at either of them," Bonecrusher mused, "Ravage tell her that we need to be very wary of anyone that we meet in this world that's armored and fleshling-shaped; we have no idea who's working with that winged-"

A sudden explosion at the far north end of the city cut Bonecrusher off. The explosion was followed by a series of increasingly animalistic growls. Ravage leaped down from his perch, unfolded a cannon on his shoulder, and waited for several long moments.

After which another explosion rang out, only this one was closer, and followed by several more growls and the sound of panicked screaming.

"Ravage, do you see that blue and purple shape?" Bonecrusher observed, "I think we'd better-"

The last word was again cut off as a white-armored figure was sent flying through a building nearby them. It was followed by six Nidoqueens that were easily twice their species usual size and six Nidokings that had a similar trait smashed through that same building. Each of them had a feral look in their eyes, one that clearly indicated a hunger for blood.
----
Moments Earlier.

The first of the blue creatures leaped in front of Meta and punched him the chest, deactivating his cloaking and sending him flying back into another one. This one raised its fist to strike, but by then, Meta had recovered from the impact and was already on the move, back the way he came.

A purple creature leaped up and attempted to smash down on Meta, but he pointed his cannon at the beast and sent three rounds into it. Meta expected the blast to kill the creature, but instead, it was knocked to the ground, and got back up shortly after.

It was then that Meta decided that this would be the best time to reactivate his cloaking - even though he knew that whatever these things were, they could still track him somehow - and run.

He proceeded to do so, only pausing to fire three more rounds from his cannon to throw the creatures off balance. All this did was anger them further, and all twelve of the creatures charged at Meta, who turned tail and ran. He only made it so far before a purple one smashed into him again, sending him flying ungracefully through a building and right past a mechanical cat and the tan vehicle he'd seen with Washington and Galacta earlier.

"Target locked. Initiating combat sequence.", KOS-MOS said as crashes were heard from within the city, and large unfriendly figures rose.
Her right arm once again transformed into a cannon, firing a shot in the direction of the monsters.

"What? Where?", Caeda asked, before noticing the large blue and purple monsters now crashing through the city, "That looks like it could be really bad!"
She jumped onto her winged mount, "Let's go!"
Spear drawn, she rose off and charged the nearest of the monsters.

Moonwing stiffened as she heard the rumbling from the distance, and suddenly whirled around to see the horned creatures stampeding through the area like a herd of angered bulls. She figured that she could easily dodge them, but there were some others here who were far less agile and wouldn't be able to avoid them if they got in the way of the loud creatures. The diamagon ace had learned by now that these creatures were called "Pokemon" and that there were lots and lots of different kinds, but obviously she didn't know the names of these in particular. But she shrugged and flexed her armored body. It didn't matter -- either way, they would be toast.

The blue dragon glanced back with an emerald eye toward the robotic ones behind her, apparently with some sort of acknowledgment, and then suddenly sped forward toward them. For a moment, she stopped, digging her raptor-like foot into the grass. Suddenly from the cut in the ground welled up a wave that widened swiftly and began to crash toward the group of stampeding Pokemon.

All twelve pokemon saw the massive wave onrushing toward them, but only ten of them - five of each species - were fast enough to plant themselves firmly into the ground before the wave hit. The two that weren't fast enough were caught in the surge and tossed backwards, whereupon they hit another building with a resounding crash.

With that done, Ravage pounced on top of one of the purple beasts' backs, maneuvering so that its arms couldn't grab the machine and toss it off. This proved to be quite the annoyance for the monster, whose tough hide was slowly being whittled away at by Ravage's steel claws.

Bonecrusher shifted his gaze toward the white-armored being, who looked vaguely similar to the one he'd seen on the beach - but that one was one that he hadn't gotten a decent look at. The one that he had seen had silver armor with yellow marks.

And that's not him, Bonecrusher noted, even as the horde of beasts charged even closer, but I suppose I should worry about that later.

With that, he revved up his engines and charged at the stampede. He smashed his mechanical frame at the horde - or rather, tried to. Much to his surprise, something had managed to stop his charge, and that something was one of the blue beasts, who had a hold on the front of the Minesweeper, and a solid hold at that.
----
Washington heard the sounds of combat as he was right near the city's edge. He turned in the general direction of where the sounds were coming from, but couldn't get a clear look.

He activated his radio, and called his employer.

"Can you see what's going on over there?"

There was a pause, and eventually, the voice of the being responded: "A group of creatures native to this world have gone rogue; they appear to be attacking our enemies, as well as Agent Maine."

"Why?"

Another pause. Then, "Agent Washington, despite what I've shown so far, I am not omnipotent. It shouldn't matter why those things are attacking, but what does matter is that they are slowing things down for the enemy. You, meanwhile, should be finding Galacta Knight."

"I was getting to that," Washington shot back, "but when several explosions go off, I think of Meta. And now that you've said that they're going after Meta as well as the enemy, I think-"

"If anything happens to Agent Maine, I will inform you. Now attend to your current task." Without another word, the being cut off the connection. Washington sighed, and then exited the city gates. Any moment now, he would see Galacta Knight.

"No, the only place you can get them is on the field. For some reason the manufacturers like scattering them for trainers to find." Joy explained. I'm just suprised this Charmeleon talks...

~~~

Cecill got up and walked after Bonecrusher. A group of wild Pokémon had gone crazy, and the group was now fighting them. Cecill decided to hang back this time, he needed some rest. He stayed behind Bonecrusher to wait. Vile followed villigantly.

"Fine then. I will search."

Clara walked out of the Poke Center, wondering where everyone else went.

"Vile? Where'd you go?"

Clara gasped as she saw the huge nidoqueen and nidoking. They were so huge.

Wow... a worthy opponent!!!

Clara ran into battle, and noticed Vile on the way.

"Formidable, enemies, yeah, right Vile!"

She smiled and ran toward the nidoqueen.

The battle of Endurance between Bonecrusher's vehicle form and the blue beast couldn't last. Even as he saw one of his allies charge at another blue beast, the one he was currently fighting increased the strength of its hold on the Minesweeper. Bonecrusher could actually feel the surface of the vehicle to star to give under the intense hold.

That's it, he decided, I'm not giving this thing satisfaction of tossing me. With that thought, he activated his scoop-crane, smacking aside the blue creature with the tool normally used to find bombs.

Unfortunately, this caught the attention of another purple beast. It lowered its horn and charged at Bonecrusher.

I get the feeling that I might just have slagged myself over.
----
Meta got up, slowly, hesitantly. He had no idea how he'd gotten here, but he did remember some massive creatures slamming into him and blasting him backward.

He looked over and saw, much to his interest, that those massive creatures were now attacking his enemies. One of them was charging at the tan vehicle, which Meta remembered hearing was actually a large machine.

Meta picked up the cannon he was carrying, and pointed it at the purple creature. Normally, he wouldn't help the enemy against a hostile force, but this was a hostile force that had hurt him.

And Meta didn't like that all too much.

The Meta fired several blasts from his weapon, which struck the massive purple creature. The thing was sent flying backwards, and when it hit the ground, it had to struggle to get back up.

Meta growled in satisfaction. With any luck, these things would all be dead soon.

Caeda's spear pierced one of the monsters, a spiny purple one. However, their size became readily apparent this close up. Caeda tugged, but the spear now did not want to come free.
"This is really bad!", she panicked.

There was a small blast as the shell smacked a purple being in the side of the beast's belly. KOS-MOS closed the distance, but stayed out of easy reach of the monsters.

A blast caused the monster to swing it's arm towards Caeda. Her spear suddenly came free as a result, but the enormous armored arm smacked the pegasus, sweeping it aside. Caeda held on tight, and they landed on a nearby rooftop.
Caeda stopped and surveyed the monsters, "Where might a weak point be?"

Require heavier weaponry..., KOS-MOS ran, Requisitioning...
Her right arm cannon turned back into a hand, and a bright light coalesced into two large triple Gatling cannons.
Her vision turned towards a blue beast that was grappling with Bonecrusher, now in a vehicular mode, and a purple one which was blown back by something., "Firing.", she announced, and the cannons unleashed a storm of bullets in the general direction.

((Well, I most certainly have not disappeared for over a week and abandoned Galacta Knight at the bottom of Cycling Road because I don't know how to manage my time when faced with homework!

I'm sorry.))

Slowly he got to his feet, roused by the sounds of battle in the distance. Apart from being heavily battered, he was no longer woozy from poison. How long have I been lying face-down in the grass? wondered Galacta Knight before looking up to see Washington.

"Ah! There you are! I--" He cut himself short when he realized how foolish and pathetic he must look. Banged up, covered in grass and soil, wings still dripping wet, and having just regained his senses. His ally had probably watched him wake.

Galacta Knight narrowed his eyes, scowling with indignity. "I slowed them, did I not?" He paused, thinking. "In fact, I was holding back! Oh, if I had wanted them dead, they would be pushing up daisies as we speak! I merely used this round to give them a false sense of security. If we clash again, those insects shan't stand a chance!" He then broke out in a fit of coughing, wrapping himself in his wings as he shivered. A cold! he wanted to spit disbelievingly. How unbecoming of the greatest warrior!

Washington had to resist the urge to say something very sardonic. Instead, he said, "You didn't need to hold back; he doesn't really care if a few of them die along the way of the journey, so long as a small number of them remain alive."

His words were punctuated by another roar in the distance, followed by a series of small explosions.

"And from the looks of things, some of the local monsters might be finishing what you attempted to start."

He turned around. "Meta's back there, though, and I don't think either he or... some other superiors of mine would take the loss of Meta too kindly. We'll need to go back for him."

Washington began to walk for the gate, not waiting for Galacta's inevitable sarcastic remark.
----
The stream of bullets let loose by KOS-MOS struck the blue creature even as Ravage finished off the purple one he'd been scrambling on with a well-placed missile blast. The impact of the projectiles was enough to turn the blue creature's attention away from Bonecrusher for about a second, which was all the time Bonecrusher needed to smash it again with the claw-scoop. Hit again, the blue creature fell backwards, and this time, didn't get back up.

Well, that's two of each species out of the fight, Bonecrusher thought, and if they are what I think they are...

His thoughts were interrupted again by a deep growl. The remaining three purple ones had seen Bonecrusher's assailing of the blue, and they charged in a trice. The Constructicon prepared to face this triple threat, but another explosive blast fired by the white-armored thing (which Bonecrusher still couldn't identify,) knocked one of the purple beasts down. Like its blue counterpart, it didn't get up.

Now that doesn't make sense, Bonecrusher wondered, even as the two purple creatures paused to decide who they should target, why would an enemy help us?

Moonwing had observed -- and was glad -- that her robotic allies had joined the battle. She felt suddenly tired, and didn't want to waste what energy she had left executing magical attacks. I must be short on Magic Points, she thought to herself. In which case... The cerulean-colored dragon leaped forward with claws extended, hooking herself onto the thick hide of one. She was about the same size as it, maybe smaller -- she guessed that she would be considerably larger than a normal one -- which made it tough to stay on as it thrashed about. But with a scrape of her claws, she leaped off, carefully avoiding the long spikes on its back. The attack didn't appear to do much damage, but she figured that it was better than nothing.

Lucidia's attention rapidly switched to the blue and purple monsters that had suddenly started attacking the surrounding area. At first she panicked, but then her team stepped into view, she relaxed a little bit. Judging by several attacks that had been executed by the others so far, the creatures had thick hide that was most likely resistant to both magic and physical attacks. It was most likely so hard that even a Crack spell couldn't pierce it. Lucidia was at a slight loss, since she couldn't think of any techniques known by her own monsters that would be effective except explosions.

"Blackstar," she asked, "Could you try just a Boom on one of those blue monsters please?"

Blackstar's satellite began orbiting faster until it was a blur of fuchsia and purple. The star himself opened his mouth slightly and summoned the ground-light that indicated the use of magic. He unleashed the mediocre spell almost on top of one of the blue-and-tan monsters, doing little more than stunning it and causing a bit of dry skin.

"Turkey," Lucidia muttered.

Clara firepunched the nidoqueen one more time before it went down. Once it fell, experience came, increasing her level, but it felt not as satisfying. The rush of strength satisfied her, but she really did little damage to the nidoqueen. Maybe that was it.

I must get faster! Earn my levels!!!

Clara charged recklessly towards the two nidoking, making two firepunches, and getting a dragon rage ready. When she reached them, she targeted the first one with her left firepunch and the second one with the firepunch from her right hand and the dragonrage. The firepunch did little, but the dragonrage inflicted damage and the nidoking roared in pain. It smacked her to the ground and started to attack, but Clara got up and paced far enough back to do a dragondance. The charmeleon felt stronger and faster. SHe eagerly ran back into the melee.

Back
Top Bottom