• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Where did you get your avatar?

Made this one, as I make most of them ^^
Though I obviously didn't make the palkia sprite i made the rest ^^
Save one brush in the backround

i got it from starmen.net, it's a sprite they ripped from EarthBound, quite possibly like my favorite game ever

I threw it together in Photoshop as a final sign of the forums before the big accident. The cod was captured, as you see :P I got the picture from Google.

Usually, though, I throw together two colors on a blank 120x120 file and mess with the difference brush, and out comes some... abstract thingy. I call it "klott", and it's how I make most of my avatars :P I'll probably change into one of those soon enough.

I got my Rinoa avatars from the gallery of a Rinoa shrine and I cropped them into avatars.

This current one? I was watching the first episode of The Office, used the Print Screen button, and then cropped it into an avatar.

Paint.Net + sprite + Ken Sugimori art of Slowking: do my SUPURR SECRIT PROCESS for making the avatars, add name, presto.

Which makes me realize I need to get back on making those bases. .-.
BUT.

Made it :D
All mine except for the brushes (I do make my own brushes, but I'm still getting the hang of it)
The avatar is for a forum game called Aurora :0

I Got my avvy from a folder that i didnt even know existed. o_o
But i recently found out it might have come with the game "Gunz". Presumably, these are the emblems people can choose to represent their Clan (for those who dont game, a clan is basically a group of people who play/work together.) My assumptions were based on what i saw In-Game. + the name of the folder "Emblem". xD
Yep.

Some arcane photodirectory with lots of large pictures with various people in them, I cropped out this guy's face.

My avatar is one of the in-game sprites of Pelleas, from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I assembled it from a sheet ripped by the good folks at Fire Emblem Planet, and I cropped it by one pixel in height so that it would fit the avatar limits.

Usually though, I make my own using official arts and arcane techniques of blurwhoring in GIMP.

Took a Sonic sprite and a Tails sprite, fused them, recoloured and shoved it onto a bit of the Emerald Hill Zone background.

Back
Top Bottom