• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Which TCoD members can you identify just by their style of typing?

Mostly res, but I think I could differentiate between a few people, depending on the context

Also I've noticed that whenever I do page breaks it's always exactly two, never ever anything more or less unless it's some arbitrarily large number, which I never do anyway

Also I tend to leave off end punctuation if it's just a period

Whoa, whoa, what's with everyone saying Phantom? Am I that predictable?!

Seriously, am I? C'mon guys?

I think the stalker level and the creep out Phanty level of everyone here just went up like a gagillion million points. Yes that is a number shut it.

Seriously what about me? Really?

Uuuuh, I guess I'd recognize res, Butterfree, Zero Moment, VM, Jolty, Tailskitty, a bunch.

Guess it's not that weird.

EDIT: I amend my previous statement. I showed the page res linked to my best friend (and former TCoDian) and didn't show him the post I made... he guess right. First try... under two seconds.

Wow, I need to be more random and spontaneous. Walrus.

Last edited:
But seriously, I don't see how anyone could detect my style of writing. I like jump around asdlfja;sdklfj with my style ):

idk why maybe because i have too wide range of emoticons

I'm glad my writing has a personality.

FYI I can recognise most of you. but it has less to do with formatting and more with word choice and phrasing.

how is it that people recognise my typing style?? I am honestly curious because i am literally the laziest typist in the world.

lmao at everyone going 'Music Dragon' because MD ... always talks like that all the time

how is it that people recognise my typing style?? I am honestly curious because i am literally the laziest typist in the world.

lmao at everyone going 'Music Dragon' because MD ... always talks like that all the time

Oh right... you're the one who uses good grammar EXCEPT the start of paragraphs aren't capitalised, so yes it's pretty easy.

Oh right... you're the one who uses good grammar EXCEPT the start of paragraphs aren't capitalised, so yes it's pretty easy.

• that isn't grammar
  • of course you recognise that, I specifically mentioned it to you.

I kind of wish I lurked less - though I doubt my typing style is that distinctive anyways???

I can probably recognize Hiikaru, Butterfree, Mai and res instantly but... that's about it.

It seems like most people here are great at recognizing everyone's typing styles but their own.

Also, holy crap, I just scored 15/16 on that little ~distinguish~ game, even though I guessed on a lot of them. I didn't realize people can be so predictable when they're trying not to be predictable. :/

okay yeah i would fail miserably at the guessing game since i don't know a lot of people's styles but

my question is, who got mine right :p (okay yeah i'm doing a lot of talking about myself and my style but that's only cause i confuse)

also:
I am honestly curious because i am literally the laziest typist in the world.
no no that's me :p at least you use SOME capitals, i either use none or caps lock lol (the reason for the RANDOM CAPS is because either my point is that severe, i'm trying to be silly or i'm too lazy to use italics)

Last edited:
There are only two that I can recognize. Those two are res and Polymetric. I'm sort of happy that my "style" isn't easily recognized. at least no one has mentioned it. Let's keep it that way.

But definatly res and Polymetric (badwagons!). res because of the lack of CAPS. And Polymetric's style is easy to find, even though the lack of CAPS is sometimes similar.

Somebody should make another thread out of this, where they get a bunch of writing samples from different people and then have us try to guess who's who. The writing samples could be in plaintext, and the authors would be next to them, in spoilers. There would also be a list of authors to choose from when guessing.

I could probably only tell with Skroy (who doesn't go here anymore, sadly), Butterfree (but mostly based on her logic, not so much her actual style), and Tailsy. Maybe surskitty, but only on #tcod. Oh, and Pwnemon, of course.

I unfortunately have a habit when lurking the forums of not reading whoever wrote the post, and only looking at the post. Otherwise the list would be much larger.

I got four right on that thing res posted. Mai, your style is easily recognizable. Also, I got at least one of the quotes by Phantom and Jolty, and I think I have res's style pinned down. Although those of us who were active in the battle for Asber, like Mai and Blazhy, would probably be more able to fake a res accent, I think.

I actually really want to just have everyone PM me their view on flowers and then make that test out of it, but I don't have time for that./

It seems like most people here are great at recognizing everyone's typing styles but their own.

Also, holy crap, I just scored 15/16 on that little ~distinguish~ game, even though I guessed on a lot of them. I didn't realize people can be so predictable when they're trying not to be predictable. :/

I just wrote what came to mind. And if I don't do that, then offer me a whisky.

God I suck at this. I got like 2/16. Probably because I invest all my attention in what people are saying rather than how they're saying it.

I'm fairly new to this fourm, but the only person who I can correctly idetify by their typing style would be Yami Angel Christian.

Back
Top Bottom