• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Who are you?

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Note this is the internet, don't put anything that might come back to haunt you. That said, I want to know about some of you peeps here at TCoD. I mean I know you like pokemon or whatever you theme your account on, but, I don't know. Here's what I am saying:

I'm American. I live in Minnesota, smack right in the middle of the country. It's an odd combination of farms and big cities. I grew up in Minneapolis.I'm a Twins fan. I'm not a Vikings fan. Go Pack. I like the Wild but I've been a Anaheim Ducks fan since I was a kid. I hunt, fish, and play hockey. Michelle Bachmann is a nutjob, you want her? TAKE HER.

I say 'pop' when I refer to any drink that's fizzy.

Yes I say Minneso-tah that's how it's said dammit.

I'm atheist... but was raised Roman Catholic. Check out any religion thread. I'll meet you there.

Politically I'm amazingly moderate, not sure if that's because I can never make up my mind or that I really am that in-between. I don't follow any party... and for the last election? I voted Saxon.

That said I am a huge Whovian. I've seen every episode. My favorite Doctor is still 10, but if I had to list all 11 in order it'd be; 10, 11, 9, 5, 4, 8, 3, 2, 1, 7, 6. Like all the spinoffs too. Tochwood, Sarah Jane Adventures... (K9 and Company never happened okay???)'

I am also a huge fan of; Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stargate SG-1 (not a fan of those other Stargates), Being Human, Modern Warfare, Assassin's Creed.

My life is currently SKYRIM.

I also play Dungeons and Dragons.

I'm currently not in school; couldn't afford a fancy uni. So right now I live by working two jobs and living on my own.

Not sure what else.

Just curious to know how people tick.

Firstly, I am not very good at talking about myself (though I've added some more stuff because mine was so much shorter than other people's).

I grew up in Devon, which I spent my entire childhood complaining about, but now I really sort of miss it. My parents (who I really love and are wonderfully weird) live there, so I still visit a lot, and when I do I get to see my sister, who's my favourite person in the world. I spend most of my time living in Kent at uni, where I'm partway through doing an MA, for several reasons - I love sociology (especially gender/race/disability studies) to itty bitty pieces, it puts off the real world for another year, and my uni's paying for it, so why not? I have no plans for when I graduate, though, and don't really know what to do with my life. Something fun/beneficial to humanity, hopefully.

I'm not especially clever, and I'm shockingly bad with numbers. I can do a very good impresson of someone who's well-read, and used to read all the time as a teenager, but don't do so much these days. I enjoy being arty and crafty. I'm decent at most things (save for maths, cooking and anything musical), but I'm exceptionally good at befriending small children, public speaking, and having slightly mental hair.

Politically, I'm disgustingly liberal, but mostly I just think we should all be a lot nicer to each other and the world would get a lot better.

I watch more TV than I probably should (the BBC pretty much owns my soul). I especially like watching it with people, so I don't feel quite so antisocial. And I'm nerdy enough to love discussing favourite episodes and characters afterwards :p I don't play video games as much as I used to, though I love the newest Pokemon gen.

I don't like to call myself immature as such - though I do have my moments - but lots of my interests aren't really befitting a person my age (see: having a Horrible Histories icon and a Doctor Who signature on a Pokemon forum). Luckily, most people find it endearing rather than ridiculous.

And I'm very happy most of the time. I do get annoyed and stressed over things, but my default state is joyful contentment. I have excellent friends/family to thank for that.

My Twitter has most of my thoughts/goings on, if anybody's that way inclined.

Last edited:
I'm unfortunately vain and like to talk about myself a lot.

I'm in my second (!) year of university, previously doing a BA majoring in writing (minoring in editing) but as of 2012 I'll be a Creative Industries Bachelor majoring in Animation and minoring in Videgame Design and Culture. Soon I'll be able to legally drive a manual-transmission car by myself, but I'm a nervous driver and I don't even really want a car. I'm mostly teetotal because pretty much every alcohol I've had tastes like butt except for cider (which I'm hesitant to drink because it's usually very alcoholic). I've had two boyfriends (who are both lovely, wonderful people and remain my best friends), I have an amazing mother, sister and stepdad. I haven't seen my father in about thirteen years. I live in Western Australia, also known as Boring Capital of Australia because there's not very much to do here, but the landscape's nice.

I'm pretty strongly atheistic and I believe in very little (ghosts, astrology, psychics included). I'm bisexual (probably). I'm a liberal I guess (but a small-l liberal because the Australian liberal party is inexplicably conservative and not-liberal). I'd like to be a vegetarian because it'll save a lot of money and I'm kind of meh when it comes to meat, but I'm going to wait until I move out because mum still cooks for me and I'd rather not make a fuss.

I read a lot (from Harry Potter to Jane Eyre), I don't really watch TV (but when I do: QI, Sherlock, The Mighty Boosh), I draw a lot (Mucha, Picasso, Monet; various contemporary artists too numerous to list), and I have a kind of passive interest in music (Queens of the Stone Age, Bluejuice, The Cat Empire, MGMT). I'm pretty passionate about food (kind of unforunate for my figure) and I eat pretty much anything besides some spicy food and some seafood. I write poetry occasionally, but it's not usually particularly good. I'm mildly educated in literature, history, and visual art and I like to talk about these things a lot.

I am kind of highly-strung and emotional and I cry a lot (at least once a week), but it's not usually anything particularly bad, it's just cathartic to cry every so often. I frequently get upset that I can't help everyone. I find clarity in expression to be the hardest thing for me to accomplish creatively and it's what I'm usually focusing on in my free time. I'm not really that comfortable with how I look - I'd like to lose a lot of weight - but my self-esteem is much better than what it was.

I'm allergic to cats (D:) and I am fascinated with unicorns.

hello!

My name's Mark. I live in Alabama but I'm originally from Ohio. Alabama as a place is alright, especially the cities, but the level of racism/sexism/homophobia/etc. is nerve-grinding. I like to draw, I like to read, and I like to sing. I have a well-founded suspicion that I intensely annoy a ton of people, since I sing a lot and when I'm not singing I apparently talk incessantly about absolutely everything.

I take advanced classes but I have pretty 'D:' study habits and as a result I do vaguely worse in general than I could. I'm a junior in high school and I am still desperately clawing to regain my lost youth. I have a bunch of friends that I really like but I see all but one of them almost exclusively in a school setting. I have a younger brother, known here as Barubu, who is both more physically capable and altogether more charming than I can ever seem to manage. I have the two best parents who ever lived, one of whom I am named after, and my mother in particular is kind of a folk hero in my mind.

I'm interested in animals, especially their behavior and interactions, but I'm not sure if that's what I want to do with my life. Math and I have a vaguely uneven relationship; I'll do long division and triangle-based geometry until the cows have come home and starve to death, but higher-level algebra hates me and I hate it. I'm a bit open to the idea of ghosts, psychics, etc etc., having had someone close to me relate several first-hand accounts that I rather strongly believe in, but I am aware that at least 99.999999% of such claims are entirely false. I'm of the opinion that we just don't know yet, so why act like there's something where there isn't?

I'm gay but only one other person currently knows at this time because of, well, Alabama being what it is. I'm also VERY LONELY (see last sentence, and also I have no friends who I've known for more than six years.). D:
I'm currently learning to drive, and I'm not that great at it, but whatever. I also have a boater's license! I'll never use it, though, because (1) I don't like to drive boats and (2) I hate the open sea because I'm terrified of deep water. I will never, hopefully, drink alcohol; my entire family has a pattern of male alcoholism and, from what I've smelled of beer and wine, it's nasty stuff anyway. I'm politically liberal, of course, but the extent of my political knowledge is generally what John Stewart tells me.

I enjoy Doctor Who, Glee, Sherlock, Pokémon (duh), reruns of House, reruns of Psych, and a bunch of other shows and movies and whatnot. I like music, as I said, but I don't generally follow bands much at all. I design fakemon on rare occasions, have a tumblr, and read for long periods of time while in the bathroom. I morally believe in vegetarianism, but I would be lying if I said the best meal I've ever eaten wasn't 70% meat. I won't ever eat veal or lamb, though, and I might just try out vegetarianism later in my life, I guess.

I've never broken a bone, and I haven't been seriously ill since I was a baby. I have three cats and a dog. I speak a bit of Spanish but it's quite rusty since I haven't seriously practiced in around six months. My favorite feature about my body is my eyes (soooo blue omigod), and my least favorite is all this acne stuff that no one told five-year-old Blastoise about. Five-year-old Blastoise was a happy fellow...

My name is Kat and I am from British Columbia, Canada, and currently live in the Okanagan Valley, through I am from Vancouver Island. I am 20 years old and have two siblings (Alec, 18; Maria, 10), and two cats (Molly, female Tortie; Pawblo, male Manx). My fiancee is named Jody (Sunflower here) and is moving up to Canada in 14 days. My best friend is Krystal (High Moon), and I have known her since eighth grade.

I draw and RP, and sometimes write other stuff, and play video games. My primary game interests aside from Pokemon are Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, Terraria, the Left 4 Dead games, Bioshock, Silent Hill, Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, League of Legends, World of Goo, and the Portal games. I primarily game on PC, via Steam. I own a DSi and Playstation 2, and two computers, one desktop and one laptop.

I collect My Little Ponies, dice, and fossils. I play Dungeons and Dragons, primarily as a DM, and prefer 4E. I also have played Bliss Stage, and like laughing at FATAL for its horribleness. I want to get into World of Darkness games. I play the Pokemon TCG, and Yu-Gi-Oh sometimes, and can play Magic but am bad at it.

I don't watch TV too much, and when I do it's cartoons usually - My Little Pony, Spongebob, The Simpsons, and I just started watching Invader Zim (a bit late to the party haha). Otherwise I like My Name is Earl, Just for Laughs, and other standup comedy. My favourite books are The Hunger Games series, Harry Potter, H.P. Lovecraft, and Stephen King novels. I don't read manga usually, though I like Junji Ito's work.

I don't really have a favourite band or anything, and will listen to anything, though my last.fm says I listen most to Evanescence, Adele, Three Days Grace, Green Day, deadmau5, Nickelback, Good Charlotte, and Mika.

I can't drive (oops) and don't have a stable job, though I am being considered for a job right now. I don't like airplanes, or wild rats, though pets are okay. I can't swim very well. I am a huge Horror Buff, and recently got accepted to the SCP foundation to write articles! I haven't posted anything yet though.

:D

I live in Canada, which is so much better than the US in a place which is the least "Canadian", weather-wise (except Victoria and Nanaimo) and culture-wise, of all places. There's a joke around here that goes like this: "What's the body of water that separates China and India? The Fraser River." But then again, there's no such race as "Canadian".

I'm amongst the top ten in my grade in the province in terms of math as determined by a contest - ninth, to be exact, as determined here. My name is Timothy Jiang, and they made a typo on that page. If I had bought my glasses, I would have gotten eighth, at least, because I misread a 9 as a 4.

Speaking of math, I like my scientific calculator more than my graphing. For one of my math exams, I got stuck without my graphing calculator, but did everything by my scientific calculator. Got the highest possible mark. But it's okay because they're both loved.

I like studying weather, and am planning to get a PhD in Winter Storm systems. My parents don't want me to, though, so I may cut it at a Master's and do a LLB afterward instead. My first choice of universities would be MIT, but since they admit around 130 international students per year, I'm probably not going to get in. That means that I'll most likely go to my fallback university, Dalhousie. If those two fail, my next choices are Penn State, Oklahoma, Colorado State, Washington, and, last and least, UBC.

My favorite music chord is the IVb3 in a major key, if used properly. I like the works of JS Bach and LV Beethoven. Chopin gets overplayed and my ears are worn down to his music because of that, but I like his music if it's the first 100 times I hear it.

As for religion and politics and srs bzn, there's no definite answer with me. I like to think that there's a concept (a God if you will) that put the universe into being and watches it unfold, although I'm quite open to anything and am absolutely fascinated by the Bible. I'm "baptized", I have a Christian family; my dad is pretty closed and believes in the absolute truth of the Bible. I don't know how he manages it 'cause I'd go crazy trying to justify two contradicting opinions. And at a lunch one day, between he had an argument against his boss (an Anglican, whose way of argument I like and whose views of the Bible I share) about interpretations of the Bible. That was when I learned that debates between a Baptist and an Anglican can be worse than debates between a Baptist and an Atheist. We have a preacher who denounces other churches who let gay people into their congregations, although he's a nice guy, really. I play Pokémon TCG with him sometimes. As for politics, I vote for the person, not the political view of the person. But apparently, I'm closest in my view to the... Green Party. Which is weird because I'd never vote for them in my riding. My next party is the NDP, according to the Compass, but I wouldn't vote for them (in a provincial context, anyway) because they ran the province into terrible debt fifteen years back. And then, there's the Liberals, which I would vote for on the National level, but not the provincial one because of their HST scandal. That leaves one party for the provincial elections, the Conservatives, which are, you guessed it, Conservative, which completely contradicts my political view. So this is really a case of It's Not That You're Good, It's That The Others Are Worse.

Everyone here knows me as Spaekle. I'm American - I grew up in West Virginia, but I'm currently spending most of my time in Ohio for college. I'm an art student majoring in illustration. It's pretty fun.

I don't have a job when I'm at school. When I'm at home I work in a mail order pharmacy, mostly sorting envelopes and counting pills. I have my driver's license, but I'm terrible at driving and I panic too easily. I'm an atheist, I eat meat, I am an it, and I think people should be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want as long as no one else gets their rights infringed upon.

Surprisingly enough, I am now in a committed relationship! I thought I was a cold heartless monster who could not love, and that's probably still true. I just happened to find another cold heartless monster. It's funny because we're like the most drama-free and happiest couple any of our friends have ever seen and apparently we act like we've been happily married for years. :I

I tend to like individual songs and types of music more than bands, though bands I know I have a lot of music from include Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk, Eisbrecher, Lady Gaga (because she is a band), The Avalanches, synth shit, synth shit, angry shit, and synth shit. I have a very extensive collection of So Bad It's Good 80's music. I do not pretend to have good music taste.

Things I like include: Pogeymans, Minecraft, Sgt Frog/Keroro Gunsou, Yume Nikki, .flow, Terraria, Civ, Silent Hill (especially 2, mainly because I played it with someone in the room with me and actually took everything in rather than flailing from one place to the next and saying nope.avi halfway through the game), Marble Hornets, Digimon, and things.

I'm also getting really into science fiction, though I don't really place this interest of mine alongside my other more fandomy interests. I can't get into these sci-fantasy television series with big fandoms that can more or less be summed up with the phrase "magical adventures in space". The harder a work of science fiction is the more I tend to enjoy it, unless it's meant to be ridiculous (in which case it's probably awesome).

I dabble in raising carnivorous plants and I'd be making a lot more progress self-teaching German if it weren't for college.

I made it a little bit into Act 4 of Homestuck and thought it was pretty funny, but I keep forgetting to read the rest. I liked the exiles a lot more than what I saw of the trolls though. I can't even get into that MLP thing. That Cupcakes story was pretty funny though.

Yes.

Hi! I'm Cirrus! Hello nice to meet you :o

I live in Scotland, I'm doing an undergraduate in Anthropology and Sociology! They're pretty cool subjects, and while a lot of things look cool to study, and English will always been my one true love, I think sociology is probably the thing for me. Like, I don't actually know what I'll do with my life, of course. I'm a pretty terrible student. All I've done so far is mostly sit in my room going between feeling shy and optimistically lonesome, doing fairly minimal amounts of work, waiting for term to end. But I'll get better!!

Right, I'm shy!! That kind of dictates most of my habits, but I really do like people and getting to know them, I guess I'm just super-suspicious they'll hate me/I'll hate them. But I don't feel bad about having few friends! I would call those my boyfriend opaltiger, three very old friends from high school, and a little handful of TCoD/internet people. I'm not particularly close to my family, but they're okay too.

Like uv, I cry a lot!! I don't know, it's just a thing. Maybe on average once a day, but I cry at what people might call small things, like a small mean comment, general feelings of uselessness, a really sad/cute film, the news. I have been known to cry at excessive cute. As well as cute, I like reading (lots of fantasy), playing video games (a lot of RPGs), listening to music (poprock, folk, Japanese pop, electronica, metal), learning about things, writing, drawing, social justice, singing to myself, and dreaming about what hobbies I could have. One day I'll have an interesting life, I promise!

Um! I'm eighteen, genderqueer, pansexual, very liberal, agnostic-neopagan, and I like kitties. I wish I could have a kitty.

^o.o^

Last edited:
Like uv, I cry a lot!! I don't know, it's just a thing. Maybe on average once a day, but I cry at what people might call small things, like a small mean comment, general feelings of uselessness, a really sad/cute film, the news.
oh my gosh really!! you are like the only person I know who does this :O I used to cry daily as well but then I stopped watching the news.

oh my gosh really!! you are like the only person I know who does this :O I used to cry daily as well but then I stopped watching the news.

I do omg!! It's a tough life, right :c haha oddly enough I pretty much never cry in front of other people, so nobody ever believes me :P

Hey guys, it's Effercon here.

I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - literally thousands of kilometres from the nearest TCoDer, so I will unfortunately probably never be able to attend a TCoD member meetup. Yes, my first language is, in fact, English. I'm 17 years old and will be entering Form 6 (Year 12 to most of you) next year.

Speaking of education levels, I would like to study (and have a career someday in) Statistics. I have always been fascinated by statistical charts, graphs, tables, you name it, I'll be interested in it. Actually, I only came to this decision last year (yes, I know it's early compared to some of you, but it's late by the standards of most people I know in real life), and I'm quite sure it's the right one for me.

Like many of you, I am a QUILTBAG - specifically, I'm bisexual. I am also a liberal and an atheist (OH WHAT A SURPRISE), although I was a Christian for a few years. I am one of only three QUILTBAGs I know in real life, and one of two atheists I know in real life.

Some of the things I'm a fan of: K-On!, Cardcaptor Sakura, Pokemon, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, classic Nickelodeon, NBA Live/2K, Tales of Symphonia, The Biggest Loser (even though I only weigh 57kg), Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star... yeah, with the exception of just a few, I am a bit of a (self-confessed) weeaboo.

I listen to loads of music and have a thriving music collection. As you probably know by now, my favorite genre is metal, especially 70's/80's metal, power, and thrash, but I do also like some classic rock, J-pop/J-rock (see what I told you about being a bit of a weeaboo?), alternative/grunge, and a little (but just a little) mainstream pop.

Somewhat relating to the paragraph two above this, one thing which I have a strange interest in is game show bloopers. I often browse the Youtube channel stupidgsa to watch the videos of bloopers on game shows.

I occasionally use memes in real life, to the chagrin of many others. I have an almost perfect knowledge of world capitals, and among a group of 10, I was the only one who knew that the capital of Montenegro is Podgorica. I love Welsh names and might change my real-life name to Gareth someday. Also, like some of you mentioned, I may become vegetarian someday, although not at the moment.

I can't yet drive (even though I am of legal age) and have no plans to learn in the near future, although that's mostly borne out of: 1) laziness 2) my desire to leave Malaysia and cross the border to live in Singapore, where there is an extensive public transport system.

I am a rather serious and somewhat cynical person in real life - many people say I don't smile enough, and my sister (who once came to TCoD as Melati2008) jokingly said that the scowl on my face is permanent. However, it doesn't mean I have no sense of humour - mine's just very different from that of most people I know.

Finally, back to some random trivia about me. I occasionally play board games against myself (hey, at least that way you always win. :P). I find it cute when non-Asians try to pronounce Asian words. Not prejudiced or anything - I just think it sounds cute. Last but not least, I
shave my armpits because I don't like armpit hair

Effercon, out.

Ohai.
I live in Puerto Rico. I dare the next person to say the capital.
I'm in seventh grade Advanced. I like Pokemon, ToonTown, Suikoden (even though I've never played it), Christmas, Spogebob, Phineas & Ferb...
I'm being harassed a lot due to Pokemon, but I stand up for myself. Oh and I am Roman Catholic.

I live in...well, Portalegre. Trees everywhere. Sheep everywhere. Sh!t everywhere. And I'm being serious.

8th grade. I want to destroy the school. I rarely go hunt, but when I do...I fail. Then I come home and play violent games.

I dislike work. I like food. I'm not fat.

I like being here. (computer)

Also, I'm big and getting even bigger.

The name's Liz, and I am at my first year of uni. I am very shy, mostly not knowing what to say, but at the same time I do like to talk when I feel I can without making a fool of myself. I'm doing psychology, mainly so I can help other people and also because I might find a way to fix myself. When I am in a bad mood I take it out on myself. I am scared of needles and falling, and not much else. I watch a lot of tv on my computer when upset. I like to sprite, but I am an attention whore so I don't sprite much as nobody comments on them. My fanfic is my current source of attention, though I want it to be good so people will like it. I am very thin, my jeans that fit me now fall down constantly so I feel like a Scraggy when I pull them up.

Uh...I dunno if there is anything else.

(oh god I love blathering on about myself)

I'm Tim! I'm from London, though I was born in Germany and still hold dual UK and German citizenship. I moved up north to study a BA in History at the University of York - all my preconceptions about the north have been completely disproven, it's absolutely lovely up here!

I'm atheist, but I've largely stopped caring about religion. I've got quite a few friends who are practising Christians or Muslims and I can see that they get a lot out of their beliefs, so who the hell am I to judge them? Corruption and injustice in the churches is a problem, but I think it's largely up to worshippers to sort out the mess in their own house.

Career-wise, I really want to get into journalism. I think that the press is one of the few things that can hold the government to account, and responsible journalism can be a force for supreme social good. It helps that I also enjoy writing.

I'm very left-leaning in terms of politics. I think that progressive social policies and state regulation of labour practices are the only ways of creating a fair and equal society. However, I'm disappointed with all the three major parties. The Conservatives are stuck in some weird time-warp, the Liberal Democrat leadership are the worst kind of traitors and the Labour party have done too much stupid shit over the last decade.

My interests vary quite a bit! I love reading, both novels, comic books and non-fiction (currently reading A Brief History of Time). I read 'literature' like, say, Wuthering Heights, but I also adore trashy nonsense like Preacher. Same goes for film - I absolutely adore 'arty' films like Winter's Bone, but there's also always going to be a place in my heart for the Star Wars trilogy. :P

I guess I still like anime a bit? Not as much as I used to, though. I still like sci-fi stuff, but most shonen stuff like Fullmetal Alchemist or Death Note just doesn't interest me that much any more...

I love video games as well, but sadly I didn't bring any consoles with me to uni so all I have is a few PC games... my favourite games are either shooters like Deus Ex or slower-paced RPGs/SRPGs like Fire Emblem.

However, my biggest nerd secret would have to be mecha. I can spend literally hours obsessing over the latest Gundam designs, I play fan-translated mecha games, I've built goddamn plastic model robots imported from Japan! Sadly, my hobby is ridiculously niche and therefore I have never met anyone irl who shares my interest. :(

I've never played sports, but over the summer I became a bit of a fitness freak. I now lift weights and go running a fair amount, and it's enjoyable as hell! Uni gym membership was the best thing I've bought since I got here. Only just starting to develop abs, but my stamina has gone way up. Improving your fitness is just like levelling-up in a video game!

Ever since I came to uni I've really broken out of my shell, and now I'm out almost every other evening! It's expensive, but when all your costs are food and drink then you can afford to let yourself go. I honestly never knew how fun it to have friends until I came here. There's a few people here (and a couple more back home in London) who I love to bits, but to avoid embaressing them on a public forum I won't reveal their names. Love you guys, tho'. <3

So that's me. I really should stop talking now. :D

Ooh! Talking about myself is one thing that I like but never get to do :) Warning - long.

I'm Audrey, and I absolutely love my name. I am quite short, with sort of mousy brown hair that seems to acquire new tangles as soon as I stop combing it. My eyes are blue and I wear glasses which I need desperately to see. It seems to run in the family since practically all my relatives wear glasses as well. I'm thirteen, and I'm american but am living in Germany for two years (and, thanks to the English lessons here, tend to use British spellings about 3/4 of the time), of which this is the second. I am in the seventh grade and like to think that I do quite well in school. I'm an only child but I have two cats and a frog all of whom are adorable <3

I love to read, write, play video games, draw, and sing. Things that combine those would be wonderful, which basically means that I've thought about getting into animation at some point in the future, but I know I would be pretty bad at it.

I often get obsessed with a certain work and can hardly think of anything else, which can last anywhere from a month to a year, and does not seem to overlap. My current obsession is Homestuck, but in the past it has been Friendship is Magic, Naruto, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Artemis Fowl, Tortall, Harry Potter, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, Warriors and lots of other things that I'm too lazy to list. Getting over the obsession does not mean I am not interested in the work anymore, and the obsession could come back at any time - all it takes is for a new book to come out or the equivalent. It usually manifests itself in a lot of drawings of my favorite character, fanfiction that I never finish, and slipping references to it into every other sentence. Pokemon was actually the first time this happened, when I was about five.

I have a dreadful attention span, am extremely shy, need music to think straight, and have an inferiority complex the size of Russia that I brought upon myself. I tend to start projects that I never finish, am very sensitive and prone to making a fool of myself by crying in class whenever someone teases me just enough, and tend to worry about getting dates wrong even if I know that it's the right date. I also most likely have OCD, which also seems to run in the family since my dad has it too.

I travel a lot. I've been to Austria, Germany, the US, the Netherlands (actually I'm half Dutch), Turkey (lived there for half a year when I was seven), the UK, and probably some other countries when I was really little. I speak English and German fluently, and I know some Turkish and Dutch, and am currently learning Latin.

I tend not to make friends easily. I'm introverted, strange, and, honestly, I don't tend to make much of an effort. All my good, lasting friendships have been ones in which we just clicked. At school I'm that girl who sits on the windowsill, drawing, and I barely talk at all. I get along with boys my age better than girls, and talk with them more too, because they also pay more attention to me than the girls. I also think my quiet, sarcastic personality tends to be off-putting.

I'm not really interested in religion. I guess I'm somewhere between being an atheist and agnostic? I just never really thought about it. Neither of my parents are really religious people. My dad was raised Jewish, and my mum was raised sort of Christian, but I've never really been religious at all. In terms of politics, I'm liberal, but I don't really think about that much either. I'm not too sure about my sexuality, and that actually is something I care about.

I love all animals and I kind of care about everyone, even if they aren't very nice. The person I trust least in the world is myself, and I'm just glad that there are some people who like me anyway :)

Also I absolutely love sour candy :D And I use lots of emoticons.

I moved up north to study a BA in History at the University of York - all my preconceptions about the north have been completely disproven, it's absolutely lovely up here!
York is the posh bit though, go anywhere else in the north and your preconceptions will probably come back lmao.

Hi I'm Brandon, I'm a nineteen year old shortarse born on 11th March 1992. I often find myself wishing I was born 30-40 years earlier so I would've seen the best bit of the 20th century first hand, but then I think it's probably better I was born when I was. I hope time travel happens one day.
I live in a complete bumhole of a town, Doncaster, in England. Last time I checked it was both the AIDS capital and the teen pregnancy capital of the UK. I've lived here all my life, my parents just moved up here because house prices were low. My dad's from London and my mum's from Stockholm.

I love animals, especially cats, bears, seals and penguins. I've lived with tonnes of cats my whole life (currently there are 11 at my house and about 40 at my mum's house) and I have three of my own at the moment. They're named Candy, Cyclops and Paul. Paul is named after Paul McCartney and they both have the same birthday which is awesome.
One of my mum's cats just had a litter of kittens and I am hoping I can have one of the babbies. God I love kittens.

I am currently not in education or employment for a whole bunch of reasons, the biggest of which being crippling social anxiety disorder. Which is the reason I left my first uni back in February, and why I left my job four days ago. I'm still trying to look for more work which isn't very easy, and I intend to try university again next year. Hopefully I will be studying computer animation and special effects.
I don't like to define myself by my education, and I don't like people who do. You got 90 A*s at GCSE? Congratulations, you know how to work the stupid goddamn education system.

As you may have noticed, I can be quite bitter and mean at times. This is not my default setting however, I like to think that usually I am a lovely person with a fabulous sense of humour.

Since everyone else is talking about it, I am also QUILTBAG. I'm bisexual with a preference for men. Older men especially. To the point where it's shocking when I ever like a guy within 10 years of my own age. I mean the love of my life is in his 50s. He's also fictional though. Don't judge me.

Pokemon is probably my ~*main*~ interest. It is why I joined this forum 8 years ago and it is responsible for all of my current friendships bar one. I couldn't imagine my life without it, it has been the one thing over the past 12 years to be consistently good in my life.
My favourite five pokemon are: Teddiursa, Palpitoad, Gligar, Whirlipede Wheega and Excadrill. I could talk about pokemon all bloody day but I won't clog this post with it.

I'm not the biggest gamer in the world (mostly because I lack the funds to be so) but other games I like are the Sonic the Hedgehog series, the Legend of Zelda series, Persona 4, the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy, the Sims and the older Crash Bandicoot games.

Most of my TV interests are either old Britcoms or cartoons. I have however been watching Doctor Who since I was little because my dad is its biggest fan ever (if you challenge him on that, there is no way you will win). I also watch more reality TV than I would like to admit... oh and I also like Glee. For the music. I swear. It's Tailsy's fault that rat bastard.

I watch a shitload of movies. My dad is constantly educating me by getting me to watch awesome old films (old meaning not from this millennium basically). My favourite movie is Back to the Future and I could probably recite the entire thing from start to finish. As of recently, I am attempting to watch every movie Clint Eastwood has ever been in, which will take a while hjfghfh

Like most people I love music. Queen are my favourite band ever ever ever you don't even know how much I love them you guys. I saw them live with Paul Rodgers in 2008 and it was the Best Day Ever. I've also seen We Will Rock You twice.
My taste in music is probably a bit odd but not that odd. It includes classic rock, good pop, shit pop but not today's level of shit, country, soundtracks from musicals, video game soundtracks, glam metal, Japanese stuff and probably at least a little bit of most genres you could think of off the top of your head.

Crikey I dunno what else to put now. Er like ultraviolet and Cirrus I am one of these people that will cry at anything, except I rarely show it in front of other people. WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE FEELINGS.

Oh I remember what else I was gonna put. I draw. But I never show people my drawings. I used to, but then I just got so self concious that I just. Stopped. Most of what I draw these days is shipping crap anyway. And I only really ship two pairings so. Pretty repetitive probably.
I really bloody wish I had some talent in something though, preferably some musical talent.

I will end this by mentioning how much I love my friends, they are all fabulous and I would be nowt without them. Also none of them are gangsta or street.

Hi! I'm Cory, 14 years old, born in Vancouver, British Columbia, and now residing in Victoria, British Columbia.

Victoria... Is an interesting city. As bulbasaur stated, it has the lowest average yearly snowfall of all Canadian cities, which makes it a great hideout for old people and people from other countries who wanted to move to Canada, but hate snow. When one refers to Victoria, 99% of the time they are referring to the thirteen tiny municipalities of Greater Victoria: Victoria, Saanich, Oak Bay, Esquimalt, View Royal, Colwood, Langford, Highlands, Metchosin, Central Saanich, North Saanich, Sidney, and Sooke. All together the metropolitan area has a population of about 350 000. I live right on the border of Saanich and View Royal (though technically in Saanich), but go to school in Esquimalt. Victoria also resides below the 49th parallel, meaning that you can go down to the harbour and see Washington state quite easily. We can also see the Olympic Mountains quite easily any where in the city, and when it's clear enough I can see Mount Baker from the deck of my house.

But enough about this city that I plan to move far, far away from, more about me! As I have mentioned before, I am in Grade 9 in a "Challenge" program, which focuses around critical thinking and "Gifted" learners. There is only group of Grade 9 Challenge students, so for all of our Challenge classes we all stick together. Because of our similar minds we have quickly formed a distinct camaraderie. I am one of the "leaders" of our class, holding the title of Male Challenge Grade Rep, and considered one of the most popular kids in the group (yay).

I am hardly political or religious at all. As I'm fourteen I can't vote, and even when I come of age I probably won't anyway. I like knowing who's won after the election so I don't seem stupid, but I really couldn't care less. Religiously, I consider myself an atheist, though my parents aren't aware of this and still believe me to hold their same Christian beliefs. The entirety of my family besides my parents (and my favourite uncle, I believe) are quite devout Christians, which can be annoying, to the point where when I was younger I wasn't allowed to wear a Yu-Gi-Oh t-shirt because my (other) uncle abhorred "hellish" creatures. Though, I still like most of my family. I have two grandmothers, a grandfather, a step-grandfather, 8 uncles, 7 aunts, and 25/26 cousins.

I want to take up sports commentating as an occupation when I am older, as I love almost every single sport (UFC is pretty much the only one I won't watch, and yet I still follow who are the current champions and all that). Personally I like Golf, Hockey, and American Football the most, though I can easily watch a full game of Canadian Football, Soccer (or normal football for a lot of you), Baseball, Tennis (a match in this case), and sometimes Basketball. One of my aunts has a connection with a sideline reporter with TSN, Canada's largest Sports broadcaster, which I hope to come into contact with when I pursue my dream job.

I used to read a lot, but these days I don't pick up many books. Currently I'm rereading the Inheritance books before I get the final one, but that's about it. I enjoy Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, and a ton of others that I cannot think of right now. For Television I watch Glee, the new Hawaii 5-O, Raising Hope, and New Girl, though my three favourite TV shows of all time are Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, and The Dick Van Dyke Show. In the movie world I love Inception, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, the new Star Trek, and other geeky titles. The one chick flick I like is The Devil Wears Prada, because Anne Hathaway :D I also like the sappy romantic comedy and not a chick flick "Love, actually".

I have never been in a relationship, though a few girls have asked me out before, all to which I happily denied. I'm straight, though I know a few QUILTBAGs, all of whom are awesome. For over a year and a half I've had a crush on the same girl, and have done absolutely nothing about it :D Up until I started high school this year we were in the same school, though she's a grade below me and I only really saw her in Band and Musical Theater. So, because of our separation I've only seen her twice in the last 5 months, but every time I see her I melt a bit. It's kind of sad really, but i always try and hope.

That is me.

Back
Top Bottom