• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Why do people think that everyone wants to be "cool"

As the title sugests, I'm just wondering why people assume that everyone wants to be "cool". I'm not trying to start an argument. I really don't care what people think about me although many people do care what people think about them. Now please only post here to try to answer my question, not to just correct what I say. When I say something I mean what I say even if it has no logical meaning.

There's a difference between wanting to be cool and wanting to be popular, you know. The majority of kids at my school who claims they're cool are generally egotistic elitists who act as if they're better than everyone else and think they're too good to talk to people outside of their little clique. That's not cool, that's just being an idiot. Being cool means being popular, which means being liked by most people you know. Not everyone wants to be cool but most people do because being popular counts for practically everything during your life. Especially high school. If you're popular in school, you get invited to the parties, you're liked by the teachers, ect. People often look up to popular kids as gods because that's what they're made out to be.

In my opinion, wanting to be cool is ridiculous. Wanting to be popular is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom