• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wow, the website was down

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
Yeah, in the case that you haven't noticed, The Cave of Dragonflies was down for the past two days. I was incredibly bored. The http://vilhjalmur.com/butterfree address still worked, though. Butterfree said something there about fixing Platinum Sprite Packages, so if you have a faulty package or something, you can now fix it, I guess.

ARGH I was so bored without this forum. The other forums I go to are either too inpersonal or in a vegetative state. I could have updated my site, but nah. :0

Yeah.... I had the same feeling.
*Runs to hug forums*
Well, at least it wasn't like a hacker went into it and shut things down or something.

I missed the distraction, but a little break from ASB business was nice.

But yeah, paychecks are so not coming out until next Saturday now. Sorry, guys! Test and Chinese composition for Friday say those aren't happening this week!

Same here. I MISSED TCOD SO MUCH. The forums more than the site really but the site was still nice. Most people don't seem to have come back yet or maybe it's the timezones...

Yeah, its the timezones. 5:00-ish in Britain, midnight in Eastern US.
And now I can do useless things in here again! FWEE!

Ah, I was so BORED without these forums. ><
Thank God they're back up. >>

Yep, just TOO true. I was actually worried we would have another forum crash because I always HAVE to think of what bad thing could happen. I'm making a backup of my sig, avatar and ASB profile and stuff like that JUST IN CASE because I like being prepared.

Oooh. Thank god they're back. I was getting bored. Well done, Butterfree, for fixing it.

I was stuck watching old Marriland videos and talking to Fredie over Youtube

I was worried that something bad had happened to my computer, but everything else worked fine. I think I'll remember that other link.

Yeah, I was kind of freaked out for a few days, thinking that something went screwy with the database again. I was bored too, like others have said. Great job fixing it!

I didn't exactly fix it; I just had to wait for my father to come home so he could log into the server control panel and request a reboot, which then went through this morning. Still don't know what went wrong exactly.

Also, there is no reason to worry about the forum data so much. If the forum starts throwing errors and the main site is fine, something is up with the database, which could be worrying, but seeing as the data got wiped last time because I was trying to fix it, it would need something more than just whatever it was that happened then. On the other hand, if you can't access either the site or the forums, it just means the server is down. It would be down if it somehow got fried in its entirety, yes, but it could also easily be down without that happening.

I'm at school right now, but I'll upload the update and the new sprite packages when I get home.

You guys had the same problem, too? *huggles you guys*
I thought is was my computer and half of you thought I was AWOL!XD
*is glad to be back*

I was so bored all the time. I have just moved my da, and very few people talk to me there. I spent the time away scratch spriting...it's good to be back.

Back
Top Bottom