• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ymo's art-thread (Heavy images(?))

It's okay-
That expression is just hard to recreate in a sensible way in a straight posture (since the right hand which is pretty pivotal to the expression looks stupid when standing straight.)

Morepondering.jpg

Im afraid the revamping of all those other pics might take time, as Im not feeling very hot at the time.

Well, here are some groudon practice I drew in school. I think I might have a grasp on his anatomy. The headarmor might go through some changes...
Groudonpractice.jpg

...I am wowed at how you can make Pokémon look so realistic and then you make Groudon so utterly adorable. X3

Darksong said you're a really good artist, so I'm looking at your pictures and agreeing.

And the front post says you take suggestions, so...

I wanna see how you draw Nidoking, please?

Okay. :3 Nidoking is one of my favourites (though hard to draw, too!)
Im at school at the time, but I will draw/scan it when I get home.

I'd like to see how you do a Zangoose. This art is very nice! I especially like that Groudon's head. x33 Also, if you color the Zangoose, do you think it could have this one's colors? xU

Agh... These will take longer, since I've felt completetly drained... (Plus they are hard to draw.)

Apologies.

YOU ROCK.
I love your artwork! ~
About some of the Groudons, I keep thinking of Aggron...

feel free to draw the nidoking first, but I have decided on the firechao

please could you colour (probably flat cel-shading for now, but a smooth colour would be nice eventually) number 2 from the second sketch (see it below)

Fchaosuggestions.jpg

I do, however, like the idea of having a pokeball in his hand - please could his right hand (on our left) be holding a quick ball:

timer.gif

(feel free to leave it out if it looks awkward)

oh, and remember to draw the chao orb above the chao's head!

thanks

Will I use the sketch-coloring style or lineart-coloring style?

PS:
thanks Zuzu- Actually Aggron, Groudon, Nidoking and Tyranitar are all in the same group for me. (Aka Godzillastyle : D) That might be the reason I draw Groudon pretty Aggrony.

if you mean torterra-like or bolder like most of your other drawings, go for a lineart please! I think twould be better for a logo-ish creation...

Also, it would make things easier for me if you could draw it onto a transparent background too (the last one always had a few spots of white around the edge after I removed the background, which I had to remove by colouring the pixels), but I can sort that out afterward if needs be (it wasn't actually that hard :P)

Okay. I'll get to it- eventually... Been having a pokemon-artblock.

Non-pokemon stuff not so art-blocked.
After I watched a program about monkeys, I got inspired and decided to Anti-elfify my elves. I also renamed them kabuki. Hmm.
kabuki.jpg

Plus update:
Finally mustered the will to draw nidoking and zangoose. Official nidoking has a ton of little detail that make it more unattractive than the image in my memory.
ZanvsKing.jpg

Whee! That Nidoking looks cool.... although I never imagined it jumping that high. But it gives the picture an overall sense of.... a circle. :D

I don't think so... I am procrastinating the firechao image, I shouldn't pile more stuff to procrastinate. D:!

I don't think so... I am procrastinating the firechao image, I shouldn't pile more stuff to procrastinate. D:!

haha yeah...

feel free to wait until you feel like drawing it - as long as I get it eventually I shan't mind too much

Oh well. I suppose it's still cool. I think I may avatar it and make a pixel-over of it, if ya dunnut mind. :D

Back
Top Bottom