• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Yoa the Utopia (non-pokemon)

Re: Yoa the Eutopia (non-pokemon)

Ismene awoke but didn't move for a minute, wishing she could just go back to sleep and forget everything. But that was impossible. She stifled a yawn and sat up, blinking hard at what she thought was at first seemed to be mist. Why was there smog? She was too groggy to care much at the moment. She hadn't slept much, expecting soldiers to appear at any moment and kill them. Quietly so as not to wake up anyone, she walked to the side of the lake and splashed icy cold water on her face. Looking up, she noticed someone else there. Chsa? No, this was a different person, a stranger. They didn't look like a soldier, and soldiers probably didn't sit by lakes and eat roots or something, but..
Before she could stop herself, Ismene half-said, half-whispered a timid hello to her.

Iseme couldn't help smiling; for an adult, this stranger seemed pretty jumpy and nervous. Understandable, given the situation. She sat down a bit stiffly, legs crossed, then held up her hands to show she wasn't holding any weapons.
"'S okay, I won't tell anyone I saw, if you want. I don't think you're trying to hurt us; you could have easily killed me right now if you wanted to and you haven't." She pointed to the bandages covering her side, surprisingly calm about the idea of her own murder because it was true. There wasn't much stopping this stranger from grabbing her by the neck and drowning her in the lake, really.
"Out of curiosity.. have you been following us?"

Last edited:

Chsa awoke on top of a stag's fur coat. She rubbed her arms - it had cooled considerably. The air had a thick smoky smell to it. She knew it indicated widespread fires. It was possible the city Yoans had set them to try to force everyone to flee to where the city Yoans wanted them to go. At that very moment she quickly hopped up on to her feet, ignoring Ismene's absence.

A small tree provided a means to access the upper layers of the low-lying air. She didn't climb often, so it took some time to clamber up and keep her balance. She wet her finger and held it out as high as she could. Concentrating hard she tried to detect a breeze, but the air was too still. The fog lingered lazily, pushed by virtually no air current.

Chsa was in no position to be indecisive, but as she planned in her head she grew more and more paranoid about the safety of the gang. The lake would be too obvious a safe spot. The city Yoans would surely come here to look for them. But if they fled, they would have no idea which direction the fires were coming from, and wouldn't find out until it was too late.

She paused, up in that tree, to think, as of yet overlooking the stranger not far away.

Chali eyed the girl's wounds. So it was that one... "I'm no threat to any of you, but I have been following you. I suppose you're the reason the I heard gunshots before?" she walked over and sat a few feet away, relaxing a bit. The haze made her more jumpy than normal, mostly because sounds echoed strangely and became warped. Even the girl's voice seemed strange and unnatural.

"Think so," she nodded, blinking in slight surprise at the smog. She hadn't noticed until now, but everything sounded slightly distorted. Strange.
"I'm Ismene. You don't have to hide. I don't think anyone would mind if you came with us, in the group."

Just at that moment Chsa appeared next to Ismene.

"So it was you who has been following us." She turned to the stranger, eyeing her up and down, giving a brief smile. There was something comforting about meeting an adult older than herself after so long. "I was worried you were one of those city dwellers. Tell me, why have you been watching us?"

She knew fine well that the young woman had been following them, precisely why she sent the oldest male to the back of the line to keep guard. Thankfully her instinct had been accurate, as she had a hunch that the one following her group was not a threat.

A few of the children had begun to stir from the voices.

Chali looked at the older, but still young, woman, sharply. "I heard gunshots before, and figured that I'd best move to a safe hide away. I saw your group, and figured that it wouldn't hurt to follow along," she eyed the young woman a little. "A recluse like me doesn't normally introduce herself...forgive me. My name is Chali...I used to live by the river north of your camp."

Chsa'a smile widened. For a briedf moment a strong wave of nostalgia made her feel like a little girl again, looking up to one of the grownups. It had been so long since she had seen another adult that she felt a little overwhelmed.

Keeping as calm a face as possible, she responded "Pleased to meet you. I'm Chsa, and these are my brothers and sisters." She nodded in the direction of the sleeping children, some of which had sat up and were watching curiously. "They're not all my true brothers and sisters, but we're all a family here."

Her child-like excitement began to die down quickly. Her nerves were still on high-alert and it occured to her that she knew nothing about Chali. Wild Yoans, just like city Yoans came in all types, including rogues, thieves and con-artists. It would be rude to judge her, but Chsa couldn't let herself become too relaxed around her.

"We must leave. I was just about to wake the kids. There are fires close by, and they will reach here too... Will you be joining us?"

"If it's alright," she nods, standing again. "Although I'd prefer to stick to myself. I'm decent at watching for others, especially when I'm not in a large group."

She glanced around, trying to tell which direction the smoke was coming from. Maybe if she had a safe place to hide she'd try to find out herself, but she could easily get herself lost or risk leading the city yoans back to the group.

Chsa nodded to Chali. She then turned around as if to head back to the group, pausing for just a second to Ismene and Chali. "Could you help me to wake the others? We need to leave right away." she asked both of them.

The group left quickly. It was still unknown to them where the forest fires were coming from, all they could hope to do was avoid the direction of thickening smoke. To the North the smoke thinned out and the vegetation began to change. Over the hours of travelling as children moaned about their sore feet, the trees became sparser. Tall grass grew ahead.

In the absence of the trees a structure became visible.

The edge of a city stopped dead in the middle of an artificial grassland. The edge was defined by a glass-bubble structure that served as a protective roof for the city. Being in the middle of the day the glass was slightly mirrored to deflect excess sunlight.

Jajio ran forward ahead of the others and stared for a moment. He then turned around and exclaimed loudly "SUPPLIES!!!".

"No." Chsa knew what he was up to. It was too risky.

"They've got so many awesome things in there! And the locals are probably dumb as shit! It'll be too easy!"

"If you go, we're not stopping to wait for you." Chsa warned.

"It's all the time I need!" Jajio grinned.

((occ: hoping someone might take on a character of one or two of the older kids to form a seperate looting party... up to you guys if he goes alone or not, I think I have too many characters to make any more))

((I'll make another character today. But first.. I really should be doing homework at the moment.))

((hm...I could throw in a couple of old characters of mine I think. I'll have their profiles edited into this shortly. Two kids who're absolute rascals, as well as one who'd make a good city yoan...))

Chali eyed the city warily, feeling a shiver go down her spine from the unnatural shapes and figures. She'd been close to one of the cities once, and would never get close again. Where the group was now seemed far too close and definitely too exposed for her liking. The young woman hesitated, staying far back as she could without losing sight of the group.

Here's the promised second character. :D

Name: Loki (I sense a mythology name theme here..)
Sex: Male
Race: Wild Yoan
Description: Like all wild Yoans, he's shorter than most city Yoans. He has steel-blue eyes and relatively neat blonde-ish hair. He's always joking and likes to laugh and pull pranks on others, but can and will look absolutely terrifying if he wants to. His clothes are very simple; plain brown pants and a black shirt stolen from the city. He's fiercely protective of the kids in the group/gang and would die to protect any of them without hesitation.
Backstory:
Other: This is something like my second male character. Ever. Now don't you feel special.

((ooc: I could have sworn I already replied to this, I wonder where my post went, ah well thankfully it wasn't a long one it was just to say your character is accepted, Evoli.

I probably shouldn't start on a post just now because I'm heading off soon and don't really have much time. Later though.))

Jajio turned around and began walking towards the structure. Chsa gritted her teeth, not wanting to loose anyone. But Jajio was old enough now that she really didn't have as much control over him as she appeared to sometimes.

The tall grass reached only to their waists, and not wanting to leave the younger children too exposed she turned around to the group. "We go this way" and with that she started walking down the shallow sloped plain of grass towards the trees ahead. Most of the group followed without a second thought but a few showed signs that they were hesitant...

Name: Caleb
Sex: male
Race: wild yoan
Description: Being smaller than most other people, Caleb slips in and out of places easier than them as well. He's around 3 feet tall, with scraggly brown hair and deep brown eyes. He has darkly tanned skin, and is without a doubt the cute, naughty boy type. He wears old, ragged clothes purely for the fun of it, even when he can steal better.
Image: none
Backstory: He was one of the many in Chsa's group who lost his parents, and has since stuck close. He likes to get himself in trouble, and when encountering City Yoans, he will prank them into insanity. (hope this is alright...)
Other:

Name: Jonalai
Sex: female
Race: City Yoan, outlaw
Description: Around 5'7", with long blonde hair and blue-green eyes like a magpie's feathers. Her skin is light and soft, showing that she doesn't work in daylight much. She wears black, fingerless gloves, a tight-fitting black vest, and black leather pants, as well as a pair of combat boots that she stole. Jon also keeps a knife with her at all times, with which she is extremely skilled and familiar.
Image: none
Backstory: played out
Other: (optional)

I hope these are okay...

Back
Top Bottom