• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Closed You ask for it, I draw it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Hey everyone!
The point of this thread is simple enough. I'm a bored artist who likes to entertain myself by asking people to tell me what to draw.

I will draw pretty much anything, there's no limitations on what you can request. Note though that this doesn't mean I am very good at everything, so if you want a giant robot or something else I've never done, don't expect a masterpiece. I will however try my best, as I enjoy trying new things and don't want to turn anyone down if possible.

Now, the examples. Here's a thing that you have to take into consideration: My art varies A LOT depending on my current mood, and I'm constantly experimenting and and learning. I'm assuming though, since these are free, that is not a big problem. I'm hoping people won't complain that the person before them got a much nicer picture than they did.

For example, here is what a picture might look like if I'm an artsy mood and is really getting into the drawing:
Example 1

Or if today was a normal day, I wasn't feeling super inspired but not doing bad either:
Example 2

And then there's the times when I'm just having a bad day/my hands are cold.
Example 3

Note that this isn't set in stone; If I'm feeling great the drawing might just look way worse than in the first example, or the bad example could be much more detailed and might even have a splash of color. It's all very unpredictable.

As for rules, I don't really have any. You are free to use the pictures in any way you like, you don't need to give credit, nothing. Feel free to just grab it and run if you want. The only thing I'm asking you is that you don't claim you've drawn it yourself. Stealing is bad, m'kay?

So! With all that out of the way, feel free to start requesting stuff!

EDIT: Okay! One thing that's good people think about before requesting. I have no imagination. None at all. Zip. Why I decided to take up drawing, I don't know.
What does this mean? That I am very, very bad at working off descriptions. That doesn't mean I won't try, but it's just something to keep in mind. If you're going off a description., don't expect it to be accurate. Even if you wrote a book describing it, I would still get half of it wrong. Picture refs are recommended if you want something accurate(ish).

Last edited:
Oh man I love your art. Especially the ekans. The colours are so pretty I want to eat it. :[ Eeeh.

Erm, I have a request. Can you draw Anthony? It's not so important that his markings are 100% accurate, just interpret them as you can. The most important thing is basically capturing his attitude, because he changes looks so much. :]

I just want to say I really like your artwork!

I would like to know if you can mix 2 pokemon together?

So if you can I would like too request a Pichu and Celebi mix if you can or if you can't then draw them together please!!!

Alright! First couple of pictures done.

Pathos: Here ya go!
Now this one took ages to get the colors right, and I'm still no happy about the contrast between the character and the background. I kept thinking "Who, me?" while drawing this, so I'm assuming some random person on the street just called his name.
Also sorry for lame clothes, I'm not very creative with that stuff.

Celebu: WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
Same problem really, it blends into the background too much. But I tried, and I'm still somewhat happy with it.

If you're having a good day

Hahaha, hey now, that's not how it works! I draw when I feel like drawing. If you're not happy with the outcome, you can ask again at some other time, there's no limit to how many pictures you can request.

Last edited:
Hehe, I suppose. For me it's pretty random though. I can be having the best day of my life and not be in a drawing mood at all, or be super bored and hating the world but still feel like sketching something. Thus the warning I put there. It's good to not have any really big expectations before requesting, anything could happen, or maybe I want to experiment with something. I figured either way people with be happy, because hey, free drawings!

I really lke the style of your art. I was wondering if you could draw a gallade. I son't particularly have anything in mind, so whatever your interpetation is.

Alright! First couple of pictures done.

Pathos: Here ya go!
Now this one took ages to get the colors right, and I'm still no happy about the contrast between the character and the background. I kept thinking "Who, me?" while drawing this, so I'm assuming some random person on the street just called his name.
Also sorry for lame clothes, I'm not very creative with that stuff.

Celebu: WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
Same problem really, it blends into the background too much. But I tried, and I'm still somewhat happy with it.

Hahaha, hey now, that's not how it works! I draw when I feel like drawing. If you're not happy with the outcome, you can ask again at some other time, there's no limit to how many pictures you can request.

Ahhhh that is so gorgeous ; ; I seriously loooove how you colour. So much. HOW DO YOU DO IT it's like... like... like actual paint on a canvas. :[ arg.

Do you have some sort of link place I can link to so I can put this on my tumblr and link to there? :[ :[

O and since you said we can ask for multiple things (>D), you should totally draw Callow. :D

Last one for tonight, after this I'm going to bed.

Silver: Since you didn't specify which 5th gen Pokemon, I just picked one of my favorites.
So I tried a different way of coloring this time, hoping I would get some more contrast between the background and the character. Didn't worked, and turned out to be really boring. Won't do that again.

you have some sort of link place I can link to so I can put this on my tumblr and link to there? :[ :[

Link... place? You mean like my DA or something like that?

Ratty, your work is gorgeous, even on your so-called 'bad days'. Really quite amazing. I request artwork of Lena, my original character, quite a lot, and a drawing from you would be super-special-awesome. Artwork of her is here. Another reference is on my profile page. I would love to see her in your style. 83

....:D I'm going to come here a lot! Can you draw Abagoora please :D? And a Weavile? [/pilesonrequests]

Two more pictures done!

Zoltea: Alright, I lied. I actually drew one more thing before going to bed last night.
Wanted to experiment some more. Now this actually got some real nice contrast and it was fun! Problem is it really only works with simple Pokemon, the more details, the more difficult it is.

RespectTheBlade: No fancy color this time.
Yeah, simple picture this time, today wasn't all that great as I suddenly realized I was an asshole. But, this is a place for art, not personal boring crap so!
... Gallade is pretty silly looking.

Can you draw a Mismagius/Hitmonchan/Alakazam splice for me? I want it to have the Mismagius as base and the coloring of an Alakazam, and you can add little details to it if you want. Oh, and I want it to have floating boxing gloves by its sides, like a Haunter's hands float next to it. Prettyplzthx

Pathos: Why does a lizard have a belly button?
I know you liked the colorful stuffs, but I'm not really feeling up to it today. But oh wells. Interesting character! This was pretty fun to draw.

Superbird: Uuuuuuh yeah.
Alright. Doodly sketchy, partly because I'm in a doodly sketchy mood, and also because I had no clue at all what to do. I am not the most creative of people, so anything where I have to come up with things myself will turn out terribly. So all the improvising stuff kind of stumped me. I did my best at the ones that were easiest to draw directly based off the refs though.

Gah, I'm going to explode if I don't request one more thing from you!

Ok, here is the description:
Gardevoir/Togetic/Shiny Charizard splice
The base is Gardevoir, and it's green spots are blackish-grey and it has the little horns of a Chaizard(these are black too) and it's tail. It's wings, are the Togetic wings and they are white. I'll go get the URL for the sprite in case I made any mistakes. please just draw the sprite please! http://tcodforums.eeveeshq.com/album.php?albumid=84&pictureid=794 Thank you! :D *explodes*

Last edited:
Link... place? You mean like my DA or something like that?

Yeah, like a DA or a tumblr or website or something or other.

Pathos: Why does a lizard have a belly button?
I know you liked the colorful stuffs, but I'm not really feeling up to it today. But oh wells. Interesting character! This was pretty fun to draw.

Well he's pretty anthropomorphized in other ways too like in that he wears clothing so I don't think the bellybutton is the biggest deal lol. But your drawing is awesome. You captured his personality so perfectly and I just want to steal this picture and idk it's just so perfect. I love the gun and his smirk and his hands :[ :[ :[ so perfectttt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom