• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Closed You ask for it, I draw it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Today is I-don't-feel-like-drawing day! Thus everything I do today will have a noticeable drop in quality. I would wait, but really, I already took a day off and that's long enough.

Nova Prime: Haven't actually finished this, and because the lineart is halfway done since yesterday, finishing it today would give it half clean lines, half sketchy wobbly ones. While I am inconsistent with my drawings, I try not be in the same picture. So this one will have to wait.

Susano: I cheat.
Yeah, yeah, I suck.
...What?
Oh fine, have the real picture then.

wolftamer9: I am a lazy jerk.

I liked it, but I showed it to him and It's not what he's looking for. But I thought it was beautiful.

Hi everyone! Today is I-don't-feel-like-drawing day! Thus everything I do today will have a noticeable drop in quality. I would wait, but really, I already took a day off and that's long enough.

Nova Prime: Haven't actually finished this, and because the lineart is halfway done since yesterday, finishing it today would give it half clean lines, half sketchy wobbly ones. While I am inconsistent with my drawings, I try not be in the same picture. So this one will have to wait.

Susano: I cheat.
Yeah, yeah, I suck.
...What?
Oh fine, have the real picture then.

wolftamer9: I am a lazy jerk.

I don't know what you mean, those are awesome!

And besides, it's your shop and you opened it because you were in the mood to draw, right? I know how it is to not be in the mood to draw; I am almost all of the time. Anyway it's the best likeness of Sammy the Squirrel and Samurai Squirrel I've seen.

Could your draw a Waruvial, with his arms in normal locatin, and one set of Machamp's arms above, and one below, with Wargle's wings on his back, and Wargle's gem in his head.

These are really cool! I love the emotions you give them. I don't have a request, I was just wondering if I could use the murando you drew in an icon? Credited, of course, and just for these forums.

Edit: Nevermind, read the first post properly. The point about your stuff being cool still stands, though.

Last edited:
Welp, getting some more of these out of the way. Think I'm gonna close requests for now; my drawing mood is showing no signs of coming back anytime soon.

Nova Prime: Finally done, back to doing crappy sketches now.
Bleeergh need to work on wings some more.
*noms her pretty drawing*
You are very amazing, Ratty. :D Would love to know what you use to make your drawings, I'm looking into buying digital art things and what you have seems to be brilliant. Thank you again; you are a great artist.

*noms her pretty drawing*
You are very amazing, Ratty. :D Would love to know what you use to make your drawings, I'm looking into buying digital art things and what you have seems to be brilliant. Thank you again; you are a great artist.

I'm using Paint Tool SAI and drawing with an Intuos4 tablet. SAI is really good for messing with colors and blending them, and the Intuos is great for making nice smooth lines. (Though it is expensive.)

I've also used this tutorial a lot, it's very helpful and I keep learning new things every time I look through it.

Welp, getting some more of these out of the way. Think I'm gonna close requests for now; my drawing mood is showing no signs of coming back anytime soon.

Nova Prime: Finally done, back to doing crappy sketches now.
Bleeergh need to work on wings some more.

Silver: He murdered a Roserade for those flowers.
And then the Gardevoir turned out to be male and they had a big beautiful gay wedding.

Yoshiya Kiryu: I don't do anime well.
And avatar size here.

BRB SALIVATING.

This is seriously amazing, thank you so much! :D

[Using this as my avatar [with credit], in case you hadn't guessed. Tell me if you want it taken down.]

not to rush, but is my request even doable? you didn;t respond and I feared i asked too much

not to rush, but is my request even doable? you didn;t respond and I feared i asked too much

It's doable, but if you're going to use a description, please please be more detailed, I have no imagination and can't just go with it and do what I want with it. I had to go back to the Roleplay section to read the character's full description to know what it looked like.

Alright! So, I'm gonna open up requests temporarily, but there's a catch: Not a single one is going to be pretty and colorful. Right now I'm in the mood to sketch, sketch, and sketch some more, screw colors, screw cleaning up the picture. So keep this in mind when you request your beautiful sparkly rainbow Rapidash running off into the sunset.

Wargle: It's like some kind of horrible butterfly
Wargle doesn't appear to have a gem in its forehead, so I'm assuming you meant its cere.

MysticMoon: Derp

Can you turn the annoyed Jirachi and Hitmoshi into a avvie? Thanks! ^.^

As much as I would like to, I'd rather you asked when requests were open. I don't want to encourage people to ignore the big bold "Requests Closed" in the title. You're getting away with it this time though because I'm opening it up again.
No cookies for you! >:(

Last edited:
Woo you're back open!

I've been thinking. I really love the previous illustrations you've done for me. Since you say screw color, and that's pretty much the same style of the other ones, would you mind drawing a few more of them for me? I'd really appreciate it, and yes you WILL get credit when I actually write the book.

Thanks! =P

That's gonna be a bit hard, as the ones I did were about the only ones I could make heads or tails of at all. I suppose Colonel Flutter and Earth Golem would be simple enough, as for the others I can't really tell what I'm looking at. Sorry.

*sits on santa Ratty's lap* Iwanthisthisthisthisoohthistooandthisthisthis-*shot*

*cough* Could you please draw an Eevee :D? *coughshallbebackformorecoughcough*

Alright! So, I'm gonna open up requests temporarily, but there's a catch: Not a single one is going to be pretty and colorful. Right now I'm in the mood to sketch, sketch, and sketch some more, screw colors, screw cleaning up the picture. So keep this in mind when you request your beautiful sparkly rainbow Rapidash running off into the sunset.

Wargle: It's like some kind of horrible butterfly
Wargle doesn't appear to have a gem in its forehead, so I'm assuming you meant its cere.

MysticMoon: Derp

As much as I would like to, I'd rather you asked when requests were open. I don't want to encourage people to ignore the big bold "Requests Closed" in the title. You're getting away with it this time though because I'm opening it up again.
No cookies for you! >:(
Well, it appears as a gem I guess. And Waruvial has stripes. An the tail can remain Waruvial's tail, just taper more than the one you have and only be that fat at the base.

And the arms, the middle ones need to be buff like the others, just less buff.

Superbird: Went with opencanvas this time, it's better for sketching.
Ack, for some reason I'm just incapable of doing sketchy stuff when it's a request. Look how clean it is! That's not right.

Silver: Instead of one good Eevee, you get several crappy ones!
... Or maybe not. Need to get my drawing mood back! Auuuugh!

Well, it appears as a gem I guess. And Waruvial has stripes. An the tail can remain Waruvial's tail, just taper more than the one you have and only be that fat at the base.

And the arms, the middle ones need to be buff like the others, just less buff.

I'm sorry, but I'm not editing any of the pictures unless it's some kind of huge glaring error like an extra arm or making it neon pink. This is why it's very important to have a detailed description, and even then I'm retarded so it's better with a picture. Which reminds me, I should probably put that up in the OP.
You're free to request more as many times as you want though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom