• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

you know what would be cool?

...damnit Negrek stop being realistic.

Even if we don't make a game out of it, I still think we should make a tcod-dex. For the hell of it.

...but that's a Final Fantasy-type game of all things.

Besides, I'm less interested in making a game and more interested in the tcod-dex; it would probably be a fun community project, and plenty of people here seem to be interested.

Oh man. You apparently thought it was only going to take a few weeks or months to finish. XD

A TCoD-dex would be more feasible, depending on what exactly you intended to do with it and how you wanted it set up. If it would be something along the lines of "submit yourself as a pokémon species" it would probably go just fine because that's a pretty egocentric task and lots of people like to talk about themselves, or how they want themselves to be. If it would be more along the lines of people voting on different members (e.g. what type they should be, what their movepool would be) and building a 'dex that way, I could see it getting... ugly.

a glorified popularity contest, disguised as a pokemon project, mixed in with a bunch of teenagers crooning over themselves.

no thanks.

Oh man. You apparently thought it was only going to take a few weeks or months to finish. XD

A TCoD-dex would be more feasible, depending on what exactly you intended to do with it and how you wanted it set up. If it would be something along the lines of "submit yourself as a pokémon species" it would probably go just fine because that's a pretty egocentric task and lots of people like to talk about themselves, or how they want themselves to be. If it would be more along the lines of people voting on different members (e.g. what type they should be, what their movepool would be) and building a 'dex that way, I could see it getting... ugly.

Okay! Sure! But, look at the above...

If it would be something along the lines of "submit yourself as a pokémon species" it would probably go just fine because that's a pretty egocentric task and lots of people like to talk about themselves, or how they want themselves to be.

Yeah, pretty much. The only place where we'd need much preparation is in the way of starter lines; we could just drop them altogether if needed, though.

inorite

Plotwise, what should we do? I'm all for stopping Team Spammer from taking over the world (AND ALL THE BANNED MEMBERS ARE SPAMMER GRUNTS AND TURBO IS THE HEAD!!!), but we could probably do better. Nothing too complicated, but...

OR JOSEPH AS THE HEAD?!

I would be the awesome Steel-type that everyone wishes they could have. :P I loveeee the idea...

...so, anyway, if anybody is interested in this popularity contest project, please do tell; I need to know how many people would be interested.

Not everyone can be a totally awesome Pokemon, you know. :P There has to be the region Luvdisc as well.

...hm. So, plotwise, we're going with "Team Spammer is trying to take over Teacodland"?

...in addition, I'd really like to do this in GSC-style. It seems like it would everything simpler while still being acceptable.

Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to have members as people and pokémon as pokémon?

But what makes it a tcoddex is that the pokemon are tcod members. If we had a dex with Pokemon as Pokemon, then it really wouldn't be connceted to the tcod community. There's only so much you can do without basing designs on the members of the forums. Well, maybe there could a be a tea Pokemon and a cod Pokemon. Okay, but that's all I can think of.

Also, people are more interested in randomly putting their Pokesonas everywhere they can than making an actual, well thought out region.

Man, have I mentioned lately how much I hate the "drink tea and eat cod" thing? It was old and lame on IF. THAT WAS YEARS AGO.

Ideally for me, it'd be a hack of DPPt or HGSS, preferably closely enough that I could trade with an actual file. ... But that'd be difficult, even for a game hack; I'm reasonably certain there are tools for GBA Pokémon game editing but I don't know of any for DS ones.

Also, I am on the side of no new Pokémon. Most designs are really, really bad and I don't think you could get three people who sprite in the same style here if your life depended on it.

Back
Top Bottom