• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

You know you've been at TCoD too long when

I AM NOT BUMPING THIS IS STILL RELEVANT EVEN SEVEN MONTHS LATER

no i just want to say that i realized that i've been at tcod longer than my boyfriend's sister has been alive
WEIRD THOUGHTS

also spoon: oh my god when i joined FRLG where the newest main series games, DPP were a long way off (if we even knew about them at the time!) and mystery dungeon had JUST been released in japan, with trozei a month before and ranger a few months away

also i remember when EVERYONE EVER loved gen 2 and absolutely despised gen 3 and i remember i was scared of getting eaten when i showed my support of gen 3 for the first time. now EVERYONE EVER loves gen 3 (for the most part) and accepts gen 2's weakness as a gen lol

what was with the gen 2 support anyway? can anyone explain?

ETA: also a question for ye olde tcoders: why are you still here? sometimes it seems like the only reason for sticking around is nostalgia's sake because "I MISS 2005 ; ;" sort of thing. i mean i notice the older you are the less you engage in the active culture of the forum at the moment (you don't know who half the younger regulars are or why they do what they do i mean) this is certainly true for me. the reason i'm still around is cause i get bored easily and also i just can't seem to bring myself to leave but what of you guys?

Last edited:
... is only when you mentioned that pmd had just been released when you first joined that I realise, 2006 was six years ago. even 2008 was four years ago.

it's been too long.

ETA: also a question for ye olde tcoders: why are you still here? sometimes it seems like the only reason for sticking around is nostalgia's sake because "I MISS 2005 ; ;" sort of thing. i mean i notice the older you are the less you engage in the active culture of the forum at the moment (you don't know who half the younger regulars are or why they do what they do i mean) this is certainly true for me. the reason i'm still around is cause i get bored easily and also i just can't seem to bring myself to leave but what of you guys?

I'm sort of not! I'm at #tcod sometimes (when I'm not in Japan for months at a time...) but, really, I don't think many old active members really are "here". Just, every once in a while there's an interesting thread! I have a few friends here, so that's why I flit around and post a bit! But really, the 'where have you been' header is there like pretty often.

me and viki will be here until the forum crumbles under our e-feet, let's be real.

i'm actually on the forum more than i'm in the irc channel, mostly because irc always seems to be totally dead when i'm in there! conspiracy

i am here because i am a masochistic piece of shit

I dunno. It just never occurred to me to leave. I have inactive periods and it took me a little while to reregister last time the forum exploded, but... coming here has just always been something I've done. I like it here.

Some things have gotten better and some have gotten worse, but for better or for worse I feel at home here and I think I always will. I'm a creature of habit, familiarity, and comfort. I don't stop doing the things I like to do until I am forcibly made to stop.

idk I've been here four years and I guess that's not really long for some people but I do kind of enjoy and participate in stuff like Viki does. :V

also if I'm gone who else will publicly mock MD it's just not as fun privately

tailsy said:
i'm actually on the forum more than i'm in the irc channel, mostly because irc always seems to be totally dead when i'm in there! conspiracy
or asleep! I have to be there in the morning or there's nobody there. That's not so bad but then it's like lunchtime and I haven't even gotten out of my pjs.

also a question for ye olde tcoders: why are you still here? sometimes it seems like the only reason for sticking around is nostalgia's sake because "I MISS 2005 ; ;" sort of thing. i mean i notice the older you are the less you engage in the active culture of the forum at the moment (you don't know who half the younger regulars are or why they do what they do i mean) this is certainly true for me. the reason i'm still around is cause i get bored easily and also i just can't seem to bring myself to leave but what of you guys?
I've thought about leaving here a lot and there's a dozen better communities out there for me that I could name but won't. I /don't/ like the turn this forum has taken and it boggles Sable's mind why I'm still here at all. There's not even ASB that's worth staying for anymore.

But something about this place keeps drawing me back. Maybe it's because I've been here for so long now that leaving just feels wrong. Maybe it's because without it there's one less place to neurotically refresh when I need something to do.

Or maybe it's the Mafia.

Yeah, Mafia is probably it.

i'll be completely honest i really don't like the culture of the forum anymore. 3/4 of it is people younger than me with inside jokes i don't get and don't want to get and the other 1/4 is longtime members that i never feel like i can actually /talk/ to (or alternatively simply don't like) so ultimately i'm here in my own little world, participating in mafia and putting in my opinions in srs bzns (both those in the srs bzns forum and those elsewhere) topics when i can. it's kind of sad really

Most of the forums I've been on have deteriorated, even a lot more so than this one. It breaks my heart, really. This is one of the few boards that I still actively frequent, and I'd hate to see it go.

Also, yeah, I probably would have left long ago if it weren't for the mafia :/

Maybe I have the tendency to view everything in rose-tinted glasses, but I actually like the atmosphere here! I took a leave during The Cave of Drama days, but things got better! It's a lot better than a fair few Pokémon based communities that I've seen at least! And I like that people have more interests than just Pokémon, too. I've discovered a few series here that probably wouldn't have otherwise; Yotsuba&! and Ace Attorney are two that come to mind. Plus I've been going here for years and it would be just plain strange to drop it all together for me. Plus, I like mid-sized forum;, they're nice and laid back. Can't say Mafia's a reason for me, seeing as I've never really touched it. That being said, I don't really have any bestest buddies forever here, so like augment, I'm kinda in my own little world, too.

Back
Top Bottom