• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

You know you've been at TCoD too long when

TURBO-TASTIC!!!!

yeah the first thing I did when me and my friends got out of WiR was explain the backstory of our turbo and say "that was all I could think of every time they said 'going turbo'"

they really are surprisingly similar in a weird way aren't they :P

edit speaking of turbo

music dragon made the following comment when people were complaining about ak and keczilla getting second chances after being banned. he made this comment on 7 october 2005 which was over a month before i joined
Soon they'll have a "LET TURBO BACK PLX" thing, won't they?
i'll let that speak for itself

Last edited:
Please... stop...... talking about Turbo.......
Why do you keep trying to force people not to talk about him? I mean, I get thinking Turbo isn't that remarkable and not being interested in hearing more about him and thinking people should just move on, but several other people are having fun reminiscing about Turbo and I don't see why you're interrupting their discussion telling them to stop talking about subjects you don't like. Is their discussing Turbo hurting you somehow? I don't get it.

Just (pretty playfully) pointing out that he comes up like once a week and it's kind of weird! To me it feels more like everyone forces themselves to discuss him over and over, so I guess it just irritates me more than you? But uh yeah I don't actually mind a great deal, and I don't feel like I've ever brought it up much before!

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry. It just struck me as weird that you posted here twice within a short interval to tell people they shouldn't be talking about Turbo. It's not that I'd noticed you doing it before or something, just that it seemed like you were being really insistent on it now, as if you were seriously going "No, guys, stop talking about Turbo right now! I already said this, why haven't you stopped." If that's not what you were trying to say, never mind.

I don't know! people going about turbo honestly makes me kind of uncomfortable because it just feels really gossipy and mean. like I'm pretty sure he's not actually a troll and is actually genuine in his posts and kind of struggles with a lot of things and I feel like making fun of him is ... kind of horrible, really! I'm pretty sure this forum is viewable by guests and idk I would personally be upset if I saw a bunch of people mocking me. :| like yeah he broke forum rules but. why is this still a thing? he's been gone for years.

anyway that's my two cents don't mind me do what you want I guess!

I'm positive he's not a troll, and I'm equally positive that he has Asperger's (he once made a reference to it) and that's why he doesn't understand things. Which is why we tried to explain the things he doesn't understand (why he was banned, why he should accept criticism on works, etc.). However, it's not our fault he doesn't listen; he continues to return "with a vengeance" because he "feels he belongs here" or something. I mean, there's no clearer way to state "You're not welcome here" than repeated bans. (As a general statement I mean!). Asperger's may cause him to not understand the reasons behind why we say what we do, but it does not cause him to refuse to acknowledge said reasons. He's been posting the same terrible fanfiction for years and we always post advice, clearly-written advice, on how he can improve. He chooses not to listen. That's a conscious choice not related to any problems he may or may not have.

But I think the real reason we get such a kick out of him is a) he is the most notorious ban-evader in TCoD history, and has kept this up for well over seven years and b) he is very obvious about himself every time he rejoins. While the latter is an Aspie thing (lacking theory of mind means that you can't tell how other people function - when I'd troll the TR'sRockin! chatroom under different usernames, people could tell it was me because I acted exactly like myself), and we (well, at least, I) don't laugh at him for thinking we'd fall for it, it's more the fact that he is the most repeated ban-evader that I think is the kicker. That's not related to his Asperger's. I think we'd all still get a kick out of him if he were "normal" but still kept trying to return.

okay, sure: what I don't get is why this is still a huge joke when it's been literal years since he even rejoined?? if you think he's 'refusing to listen' to your advice or whatever why is this cause for such ... drama I guess? I mean really when he turns up again all that happens is we ban him if he hasn't changed and lock a thread. it's hardly a huge event when it happens, but I really feel like all of this is blown out of proportion and is made to seem a lot worse than it is.

like I'm not saying it's your fault that he doesn't listen to you or whatever or whatever: that's kind of irrelevant (although if you know he's going to react that way, I don't know why you bother). what I'm asking is why people seem to be insistent on making this person a meme. also him having asperger's is ... kind of not relevant? like i guess it explains what he does, but I'm not talking about his behaviour, I'm talking about everyone else's.

i mean yes, he probably Just Does Not Get It when we ban him and when he comes back for a vengeance, but... why is this such a big deal? and I don't really see why him being the most Notorious Ban Evader In Tcod History is an excuse to keep going on about it. Iiiiii feel a bit like you're just making fun of him. :c

okay, sure: what I don't get is why this is still a huge joke when it's been literal years since he even rejoined??

Probably cause his last incarnation was banned in the spring of this year...? We wouldn't be joking about him as much if he wasn't still present!

No. SquishierCobra, who got up to about 500 posts before finally being banned.

Can't say that's not a presence :/

No. SquishierCobra, who got up to about 500 posts before finally being banned.

Can't say that's not a presence :/

well sure, that guy was pretty creepy, but there wasn't really anything substantial for us to think he was turbo other than everyone going OH HI TURBO in like every other thread of his. I think there was a discussion about it and the IPs were kind of similar? idk

but like, this is kind of deviating off my point: what I'm asking is why everyone thinks it's okay to make fun of this guy and make him a meme.

Yes, he was Turbo. He even sent me an e-mail after he was banned going "Ha! So you finally figured it out, did you?", seemingly not having noticed the everyone commenting on his Turboness pretty much every since he joined.

I don't think people are making fun of him per se; he just has this memetic status, like, I don't know, the Trololo man or something. People aren't making fun of the Trololo man when they find the video hilarious or make remixes of it or macros out of it or go "TROLOLOLO" when they see trolling or whatever; he just is. The meme transcends the very notion of mockery.

Last edited:
Yes, he was Turbo. He even sent me an e-mail after he was banned going "Ha! So you finally figured it out, did you?", seemingly not having noticed the everyone commenting on his Turboness pretty much every since he joined.

really! :O I didn't know that. that's kind of great.

but like, this is kind of deviating off my point: what I'm asking is why everyone thinks it's okay to make fun of this guy and make him a meme.

cause we have sad pathetic lives that we have to make fun of him to stay amused?

... honestly, I'm not entirely sure. He's just kind of funny. I guess maybe you might be right though :/

I know I've been at tcodf too long when I am entirely unsurprised that every single thread devolves into conversations like this... !

Back
Top Bottom