• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your collections

Do you collect something?

• Yeah I do!

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • Eh no.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • ...kind of?

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
I don't really collect anything now.

I used to collect those old plastic Pokémon figurines, though (the little barely-over-an-inch-tall ones that came in packs of 2 or 3, usually with every member of the evolution line in it but sometimes with just two random unrelated critters), but then they stopped making them sometime after G/S/C... or maybe just stopped selling them in the USA (or even just stopped selling them around where I live), not sure which. Either way, the last ones I actually saw in stores were the first wave of G/S/C ones, with things like the starters and Sunflora.

I also have a decent amount of Pokémon cards from way back when I still cared about those (pretty much all from the first few sets; the last expansion I actually bought much of was either Team Rocket or one of the Gym sets. And some of those are in Japanese, since the card shop we used to have around here stocked Japanese cards from a few expansions ahead of what was available in the US at the time.)

And finally, a buttload of Magic: The Gathering cards (ranging from Ice Age all the way to Mirrodin, though I stopped buying them on a regular basis around Urza's Saga so there's a few gaps in there.)

I have no idea how much either of the card collections are worth, though there's at least hundreds of cards in each (probably thousands for the Magic cards)... I should probably check up on that, since I haven't really used them for anything in a while and they're just sitting around taking up space.

Pokemon games and cards, I guess.

Also books by Agatha Christie or Terry Pratchett though most of my family does that really. We have about 70 Christie novels and most of the Pratchett ones as-well.

I sort of collect MtG cards although I haven't played in a while...

I also collect leaflets when I'm on holiday and come home with a massive stack of them.

@el garbanzo: zukans? i didn't think they ever sold them in the US.

I have no idea what a "zukan" is... but they definitely did sell small Pokémon figurines like the ones I mentioned in the US. They came in packs of 2 or 3, with a see-through plastic Master Ball for each Pokémon, and little Pog-type things with a picture of the Pokémon and several stars for some sort of coin-flipping battle game.

If I remembered where I put them all, I'd take a picture of some... I know I still have the actual Pokémon around somewhere, though the pogs and Master Balls are probably long gone.

EDIT: Found them.

n6xpw9.jpg

Last edited:
zukans are high-quality pokemon figures they sell in japan.

wait, did they come in cardboard, cd cover-shaped cases?

I collect Pokemon merchandise, mainly, but I'll also steal collect any Michael Jackson merchandise. (Obviously...?) I also have an obsession for plushies, and I'm jealous of Charizard608 for being able to make plushies. (Dang, girl, how long does it take? I wanna learn...Teach me your ways! *bows*)

it took me 2 years to make a 7-ft shiny Rayquaza. =3 But it wuz soo worth it!
Kinda random but i also make figures of of air-dry clay stuff

Last edited:
Every time you steal Michael Jackson collectibles, do you sing "Smooth Criminal?"

I collect precious and semi-precious stones. I also have one of the oldest fossils ever found in Ireland. My uncle assisted on the dig and he nicked it for me.

I have a huge collection of Pokemon cards. I have pretty much every card from Base Set to Rocket. And some Base Set 2.

I only miss a few cards. ((Kabutops, hitmonlee, chansey, and arcticuno to be exact.))

I might have it appraised one day.

Every time you steal Michael Jackson collectibles, do you sing "Smooth Criminal?"

...Maybe.

812669964_c5cb93242f.jpg

Michael Jackson, the only celebrity to promote stealing! :D

...And randomly winking in music videos! :D

Last edited:

Oh my god, I had those! I need to find them.

I collect holographic Pokemon cards, though my collection's only worth a few hundred I'd wager, at least if I ever intended on selling them that's the most realistic price. It's about 300 unique cards large now, and I keep my extras in separate pages in the back for trading away. The prize of my collection is a first-edition, Japanese Charizard * Delta Species from the Dragon set, and a first edition English Shining Magikarp from Neo Revelation. I'd like a first edition Shining Gyarados to go with it someday. c:
Oh, and also Luxray GL Lv X, but as soon as it gets rotated out or something better comes along I imagine its value will go way down. But just because I don't like selling cards I only have one of I don't plan on selling it soon.

oh yeah, the pokemon cards is collect are all zapdos and/or rare/holographic.

japanese pulse of the frontier zapdos is love.

I collect all types of Pokemon cards. I love the TCG, and the fact that this site has no section for it makes me D:. But anyway, that's my collection. Probably valued a few thousand dollars.

I used to have some of those. No clue where they went, though... I sat on the Nidoking once, too. It was very terrible.

...I collect dragon things, mostly necklaces. I buy one sometimes if I have some extra money, and my dad has gotten a few for me, too. I have eight dragons for necklaces (would be nine but I lost one at school..), four small statues, and a plushie~

Either you two have gigantic collections or you're way overshooting its estimated value. Unless you have a Japanese Trophy card or two or a bunch of misprints... but nonetheless I'm interested.

Actually it's neither. I have that many cards. Maybe closer to a thousand than a few thousand, but still.

Back
Top Bottom